Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

To think this was meant to be a thread for new mods :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

EDIT:
    And if anyone wants to debate politics here I will just delete the thread

We do have the random bored conversation thread for that, but it's spilled over :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Has anyone else been playing a ton of FTL-Advanced? I love the new Lanius guys, and the C-class ships ^^
    All hail the federation >:D

• Official Post

Has anyone else been playing a ton of FTL-Advanced? I love the new Lanius guys, and the C-class ships :D

• Has anyone else been playing a ton of FTL-Advanced? I love the new Lanius guys, and the C-class ships :D

I don't like the Lanius. Because they are difficult to get, you will always end up with oxygen-dependant species often dying. Though thanks to the cloning, it is not that much of a problem.
    But I do like most of the new system. Mindcontrol is powerful, especially with the Teleporter I did not get together with it, and cloning can be good, too. The hacking is also great especially to counter the enemy. I love it when one of my goons is controlled, I hack the control, get my guy back and an enemy under control. Helped a lot to have the whole last two crewmen of the flakship(Get it? Because Flak is as good as useless against it!) controlled. Stupid Rebels building a super AI but not giving it a mindcontrol-safe activation. Especially since they use the control themselves.
    Anyway, FTL Advanced Edition is awesome and another reason to get FTL.

• Official Post

The flak gun is so overpowered though xD
    Even the first tier cuts through nearly all shields :D

• Looking at my WatchLater Playlist I spotted the Subscription Button. Why the fuck is there a Subscription Button, and even worse, WHY DOES IT TELL ME I CANNOT SUBSCRIBE TO MYSELF!?! I WANT TO SUBSCRIBE TO MYSELF! I'M AWESOME!

I can relate...

• Official Post

http://i.imgur.com/rfQy6XH.gif :D

Finally, the "False Prophet" has arrived at Eve, and now, after deploying both the Surface-Stationary satellite and the soon-to-land rover, will make its long journey back to kerbin.
    Photos of Eve's Surface shall come soon. Weather Analysis along with Magnetic Readings shall also arrive soon.

• I re-started my carrieer with the ARM pack in Kerbal and just made my first strong-enough rocket to have a close fly-by of Minmus. All was going fine and I was doing research in my 3-stack of Science jr's when I noticed my height being just about 4.5 km and travelling at almost 1km/s. I was almost certain all is gone as I saw a huge mountain coming up behind the curve of the moon. Sure enough, I crashed right into it but to my surprise not all was lost. Through some weird magic my crew capsule survived the impact. Apparently my craft was positioned at just the right height that all the other parts touched the surface but the capsule itself was high enough to barely get over all of it. Had I had just half a meter lower orbit it would have crashed as well. In addition that crash slowed me down enough that I was put to re-entry trajectory with Kerbin. While I lost all the science in the science jr's and goo capsules I did manage to get a whole lot from crew manifests and EVA reports so all in all it was a successful mission. At least for the Kerbins :)

• I re-started my carrieer with the ARM pack in Kerbal and just made my first strong-enough rocket to have a close fly-by of Minmus. All was going fine and I was doing research in my 3-stack of Science jr's when I noticed my height being just about 4.5 km and travelling at almost 1km/s. I was almost certain all is gone as I saw a huge mountain coming up behind the curve of the moon. Sure enough, I crashed right into it but to my surprise not all was lost. Through some weird magic my crew capsule survived the impact. Apparently my craft was positioned at just the right height that all the other parts touched the surface but the capsule itself was high enough to barely get over all of it. Had I had just half a meter lower orbit it would have crashed as well. In addition that crash slowed me down enough that I was put to re-entry trajectory with Kerbin. While I lost all the science in the science jr's and goo capsules I did manage to get a whole lot from crew manifests and EVA reports so all in all it was a successful mission. At least for the Kerbins :)

That is Kerbal Tactics right there.

• Official Post

Sure Enough the Kraken struck twice, the first time in orbit when entering eves atmosphere, where warp stayed on and flung me at warp speed 1000x through the atmosphere, and another when the parachoutes for the rover split the rover in two when it clipped through the body.

But after F9, The mission was successful!
    Done! http://imgur.com/a/et4YY#0
    :DDD

• So, in a moment of panic, i managed to land myself writing a 15+ slide instructional powerpoint on how to build and operate IC2 nuclear reactors for a grade in class(University, not college or highschool). I'll post it here when it is done in case anyone wants to use it, add it to the wiki or whatever.

Getting a grade for playing a game... Win or fail?

• Official Post

Win, just think, you could be writing about something important and boring instead.

I see this too much.