Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

I always love how people are "Oh Mojang is so closeminded we will have to ship 2TB of json files for mods blabla" "we'll have to stay on 1.7 forever" "microsoft ruined everything"
    The scripted block models are a great idea - they just have to make them more flexible
    Also forge will find a way to work around it (until mojang fixes it).

From a mojang pov this was a mostly sane thing to do - they dont have extremely flexible blocks in the game. Pretty sure they thought of how they want to handle more complex things and have something planned for that.
    And mods? Well, just stay on 1.7 and switch to 1.9 or whatever when it comes out - or hack in a solution (which forge is probably gonna do)

• depends on the amount of models you'd have to pregenerate(76 exabytes coughcough).

EDIT. it tells me i'm not online.. yeah..

EDIT AGAIN: now it does.. strange.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

Edited 2 times, last by blub01 ().

• Meh, my HyperChuckNorrisYotaComputer have 1.25x10^35 yota-byte of memory and 3x10^30 yota-byte of RAM, so no worries there :P :D
    I'm ok with the changes that mojang did :D ( JOKE )

• well, i don't know anything about java, but i think it wouldn't be too hard to make something like the php include command.

EDIT: man, this online/offline "LED" of the posts seems to be bugged. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it probably gives false readings, too.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

Edited once, last by blub01 ().

• If you refresh the page after being to much AFK, it will tell that you are disconnected, but when you refresh again, everything works again :P

• should still be fixed.

• You implied it.

EDIT: aaaand you're missing a point(.) there. <extreme unseriousness>shame on you!</extreme unseriousness>

EDIT AGAIN: that almost looks like a java command.. and i should stop editing this much. though that's why this thread is RANDOM! DUN-DUN-DUUUUN! btw, i managed to put a kerbal into orbit with the ksp demo! with a three-stage-rocket! other people manage it with one though..

EDIT III.: 1.8 is an unusual feeling.. i can't watch a one of dire's videos while minecraft launches.

EDIT IV.: lol.. minecraft lags without mods? is that even possible?

Edited 2 times, last by blub01 ().

• I never implied it, I just wanted to say that I've also have remarked that the LED of the forum is kinda broken, ooh and I never put a period at the end of my sentences if there's a smiley :P :D

• Official Post

You implied it.

EDIT: aaaand you're missing a point(.) there. shame on you!

Stop using XML/HTML tags in your Posts. You should go with "[extreme unseriousness]shame on you![/extreme unseriousness]" instead.

EDIT AGAIN: that almost looks like a java command.

I don't see any Java alike thing there.

EDIT III.: 1.8 is an unusual feeling.. i can't watch a one of dire's videos while minecraft launches.

On some Computers the Launcher takes ages to start. You could watch a Video there.

Sure it does. For example those Item Frames, they should have been Blocks rather than fucking Entities. Same for Paintings.

• It's easier for them to be that way, so arrows can shoot them and so they don't take up real space. I guess.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Well... they basically "die" when hit. Except not really die.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Quoted from "blub01"
    You implied it.

EDIT: aaaand you're missing a point(.) there. shame on you!

Stop using XML/HTML tags in your Posts. You should go with "[extreme unseriousness]shame on you![/extreme unseriousness]" instead.

HTML tag is easier, due to a)me being used to them because we did that in school for half a year now, and b) not needing a key combination to write it.

Quoted from "blub01"

On some Computers the Launcher takes ages to start. You could watch a Video there.

Well, if i launch the modpack of kirara 2.0, it feels like i could travel once around the world while it loads. if i launch minecraft, i almost cannot switch to another window while it launches.

Quoted from "blub01"

Sure it does. For example those Item Frames, they should have been Blocks rather than fucking Entities. Same for Paintings.

might have been the slime blocks in that particular map. usually vanilla runs smoother <extreme exaggeration>than the OS on its own</extreme exaggeration>.

Also, if you wonder why mojang does something, look at fastcraft. if there would be always a reason why mojang does something/if mojang would always more than on rare occasions do stuff like sane people, fastcraft would be obsolete.

• Official Post

Well... they basically "die" when hit. Except not really die.

They fall off and drop as an item, not really dieing :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• But still, I think that Greg is right, it wasn't really a good idea to make paintings and item frames entities, and seriously, IRL, if you shoot a painting with a bow and arrow, it won't drop, it will actually even be stuck XD

Ooh and BTW, HTML is nice and stuff, but Java is better :D

• But still, I think that Greg is right, it wasn't really a good idea to make paintings and item frames entities, and seriously, IRL, if you shoot a painting with a bow and arrow, it won't drop, it will actually even be stuck XD

Ooh and BTW, HTML is nice and stuff, but Java is better :D

Comparing them is silly... HTML is a flowerpot.

I actually like XML more then JSON though. But nothing is better than the god of everything, YAML.