Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

Be able to crash through anything would be marvelous, even rocks or solid concrete (Construction foam) if we are fast enough.
    With a quantum/nano suit we could possibly survive, although i won't say that we would be in a good state.

I think that we take the human body too lightly on minecraft, why only hitpoints? One could damage several parts of the body separately, hindering movements or other problems.
    Imagine if you had to use an eletric wheelchair because your legs got blast off in a creeper explosion or something like. You could still build and do stuff "normally", but your movements would be severely hindered without a jetpack or any other omnidirectional flight method.

• Be able to crash through anything would be marvelous, even rocks or solid concrete (Construction foam) if we are fast enough.
    With a quantum/nano suit we could possibly survive, although i won't say that we would be in a good state.

I think that we take the human body too lightly on minecraft, why only hitpoints? One could damage several parts of the body separately, hindering movements or other problems.
    Imagine if you had to use an eletric wheelchair because your legs got blast off in a creeper explosion or something like. You could still build and do stuff "normally", but your movements would be severely hindered without a jetpack or any other omnidirectional flight method.

weren't entities derpy somehow, always having cuboid hitboxes? You would probably need a mod to underp entities, first. I think I might actually do that if I ever get into modding.

The Special Armor mod adds a VERY cheap jetpack.

In what way is that relevant to the discussion? I mean, there is a mod that adds very cheap flight. It's not as if people have to use it.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Official Post

And then there is the "die and repawn instant heal" Method. Not everyone plays Hardcore. :P

• I'm curious, how someone someday found out, that injection of sulfur suspension intramuscularly raise body temperature? Was it like this:
    "Experiments diary, day 1, 9 AM. Ok, lets find out, what will cause to me injection of pure elements. Hm...hydrogen and helium are gases, lithium are active metal, beryllium dust will obviously cause my blood to coagulate like any metal dust. What we have next? Boron..."
    Later that day, after injection of boron suspension:
    "Experiments diary, day 1, 5 PM. Fuck, i'm almost die. Next element is ..."

• I just noticed that the only thing that separates the words "boron" and "moron" is one letter. Coincidence?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• I added the part about the special armor mod as a suggestion if you get blown up and need to move. Idea! Dismemberment mod but with the player viewmodels and height and shape/size for more realism.

• maybe you could do something like blood magic did for life essence, when people put a bed right next to the blood altar and killed themselves for life essence, respawned, and did it again, where wayoftime added a debuff you get for about 3 minutes when you respawn, limiting your ability to get life essence, but for movement?(aka some kind of slowness for a while after you died)

Edited 2 times, last by blub01 ().

• Official Post

I really don't see why biomes mods have such large issues with connecting to pre-existing worlds.

• Official Post

It's just how no biome mod seems to make any effort to try and blend the new and old. Unless there's no way to tell the difference between terrain generated before having the mod to while having it, in which case meh.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Because vanilla Minecraft doesn't make any effort to do so either.

Worldgen works on Mathematical equations, and not on "this is here, so I need to continue generating with that". If it were making effort to fix Biome Borders, then the whole "same Random Seed = same World" would not work at all, since you can generate the Chunks of the World in different Order.

• Can't they at least use the new : If hot biome, then only hot or mid temperature biome can be next to me, same rule can be applied with cold, and mid temp. biomes can go anywhere.

That's how vanilla do biomes placements, since 1.7.10.

PS: I'm not sure because of the texture pack, but what sword is this ? RM, ruby, or Blood magic ? I vote for ruby ^^

• Official Post

Can't they at least use the new : If hot biome, then only hot or mid temperature biome can be next to me, same rule can be applied with cold, and mid temp. biomes can go anywhere.

That's how vanilla do biomes placements, since 1.7.10.

Tell that to my 1.7.10 Desert Biomes which are right next to Ice Spikes.

• Official Post

Back in the days when that water would be enough to cool the reactor with just uranium rods in...