Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

In due course I'm sure it will be

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Waiting for Forge to get into any kind of existing state for 1.13 what you'll have to wait for first. Once that's happened it will be possible to start moving IC2 over to 1.13 as well, until then there isn't especially anything that can be done.

Rift lacks any kind of solid API for doing anything as it is right now, just this week they've changed how blocks and items are registered so porting anything to it would be an uphill battle. For smaller mods though Rift is quite an interesting project, it's sort of a midway point between Liteloader and Forge, almost Modloader like. It's certainly not ready for something like IC2 yet though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

@Chocohead

Hey Great work on the Gravisuit Mod, unfortunately it does not work for me. Is the Porting still in progress, i love the mod and would love to see it work :).

Porting/Rewriting has been in progress for a good while now, still don't quite like the way things work

I see this too much.

• When I install your mod my game keeps crashing with this error massage. I hope somebody can help.

An invalid crafting recipe was attempted to be added. This could happen due to a bug in IndustrialCraft 2 or an addon.

(Technical information: AdvRecipe, duplicate char mapping)

Output: 1xtri_addon.machines@11

Char: C

Input: 1xic2.crafting@2

Type: net.minecraft.item.ItemStack

Source: com.chocohead.advsolar.Recipes.addShapedRecipe(AdvancedSolarPanels.java:544)

• Can you please explain how to introduce the recipe? I'm totally lost in IC2 config

• Official Post

Can you please explain how to introduce the recipe? I'm totally lost in IC2 config

You'll want to change it in the Advanced Solars config (advanced_solar_panels.cfg) which you can edit using any text editor like Notepad.

I see this too much.

• You'll want to change it in the Advanced Solars config (advanced_solar_panels.cfg) which you can edit using any text editor like Notepad.

Thanks, but the problem is not disabling Hybrid Solar Panel, is adding the recipe again as said CrossVas "Disabled recipe can be re-added with CraftTweaker or through IC2-recipes itself."

• Thanks, but the problem is not disabling Hybrid Solar Panel, is adding the recipe again as said CrossVas "Disabled recipe can be re-added with CraftTweaker or through IC2-recipes itself."

So, first at all, you must open IC2Exp mod's jar file (in my case it is industrialcraft-2-2.8.109-ex112).
    Then go to assets\ic2\config\ (your path should be industrialcraft-2-2.8.109-ex112.jar\assets\ic2\config\.
    From assets\ic2\config folder copy the file shaped_recipes.ini into your_minecraft_directory/config/ic2 folder (if you don't have ic2 folder in your config folder, you must create it)
    After that open shaped_recipes.ini file with any text editor (for best result I'd recommend to use NotePad++ or AkelPad)
    Put this code* at the bottom of shaped_recipes.ini file.
    Restart your minecraft.
    Enjoy.

*code:

; Hybrid Solar Panel

"CLC|IPI|ASA" C:ic2:crafting#carbon_plate L:OreDict:blockLapis I:ic2:crafting#iridium P:tri_addon:machines@10 A:ic2:crafting#advanced_circuit S:advanced_solar_panels:crafting@4 = tri_addon:machines@11

!!! This code must be one line written !!!

tag: xexixaxi

• WOW! You're a genius, seriously.

Thanks a lot.

• Official Post

Since I've seen a couple of requests for this might as well make it a little more official. Tiny ComputerCraft addon that means wrapping a nuclear reactor as a peripheral will now have the following methods:

• getHeat - The current reactor heat

• getMaxHeat - The heat amount the reactor will explode if reached
    • getRawEnergyOutput - The amount of energy the reactor is producing before converted to EU
    • getEUOutput - The amount of EU the reactor is producing
    • isActive - Whether the reactor is current running
    • isFluidCooled - Whether the reactor is fluid cooled

Wrapping a reactor chamber offers all these methods, and hasReactor - whether the chamber can find the reactor it is attached to

• THANKS!!!!!! I've been looking for something like this!

You should really consider making a place where we can get all your tiny addons and such (like FullDrop and this one), they are REALLY useful!

• Since I've seen a couple of requests for this might as well make it a little more official. Tiny ComputerCraft addon that means wrapping a nuclear reactor as a peripheral will now have the following methods:

• getHeat - The current reactor heat

• getMaxHeat - The heat amount the reactor will explode if reached
    • getRawEnergyOutput - The amount of energy the reactor is producing before converted to EU
    • getEUOutput - The amount of EU the reactor is producing
    • isActive - Whether the reactor is current running
    • isFluidCooled - Whether the reactor is fluid cooled

Wrapping a reactor chamber offers all these methods, and hasReactor - whether the chamber can find the reactor it is attached to

Overall, I love the idea, but when I wrap a reactor chamber, I can't get any outputs, when I call getEUOutput() on a chamber, I get nil, even though there is a reactor attached. Is it a bug, or 8s this my fault?

Also, one suggestion: could you also make a method to get the tick remaining on the fuel rods? This would possibly be an average...

• Official Post

You should really consider making a place where we can get all your tiny addons and such (like FullDrop and this one), they are REALLY useful!

I don't think I've made that many in the grand scheme of things. Normally it's just a need comes up for something small and I've got time to make it.

hen I wrap a reactor chamber, I can't get any outputs, when I call getEUOutput() on a chamber, I get nil, even though there is a reactor attached. Is it a bug, or 8s this my fault?

What's the result of hasReactor on the chamber? If it's managed to attach properly it should be true (otherwise that would explain why it wasn't getting anything else).

could you also make a method to get the tick remaining on the fuel rods? This would possibly be an average...

Given it's Lua you could get a table of stats like minimum remaining time, time remaining per slot, etc. Maybe that's encouraging micromanaging a little too much though? ;)

I see this too much.