About the Tinkers Construct problem (You might got linked from my Dropbox based Ingame Message)

• Indirect talk is obviously not working. The message gets lost, misconstrued, and hohounk in particular has been trolling on my thread. We can talk here, if you prefer.

The thing is it needs to be us talking. No intermediaries, no comments from the peanut gallery, and definitely public.

• Official Post

Then what does your Code then?

I can remove unfitting posts during the Conversation.

Edit: Also, pillbox said he will fix the rod thing in 1.7, until then I will add Code to ignore anything TConstruct related in the OreDict btw. But you should know that already unless he didn't tell you.

• The ones that are not involved, please stay quiet, let Greg and mDiyo discuss properly. ~SpwnX

I develop Totemic, and i usually only come on this forum to put down stupid ideas people have...

Edited once, last by SpwnX ().

• Then what does your Code then?

I can remove unfitting posts during the Conversation.

Edit: Also, pillbox said he will fix the rod thing in 1.7, until then I will add Code to ignore anything TConstruct related in the OreDict btw. But you should know that already unless he didn't tell you.

To be clear, here is what I told hoho:

Code
    120739         pillbox │ And if we do a big overhaul for 1.7, I will work to get materialRod changed to rodMaterial
    120906 ForestryWiki706 │ Ok, good to know

In addition, Tinker'sConstruct has agreed to change "mossystone" to "stoneMossy". This change has already been made.

And I received word that Greg will be adding "slimeball" and "hambone" to the Ignore list.

EDIT:
    Full log of conversation with hoho: http://pastebin.com/HeRxrN34

Edited once, last by pillbox: Add conversation link ().

• Official Post

To be clear, here is what I told hoho:
    pillbox │ And if we do a big overhaul for 1.7, I will work to get materialRod changed to rodMaterial
    ForestryWiki706 │ Ok, good to know

Well, everyone has to do an overhaul on 1.7. I would be highly surprised if you don't have to do that.

In addition, Tinker'sConstruct has agreed to change "mossystone" to "stoneMossy". This change has already been made.

Hoho already linked me to the Git Commit.

And I received word that Greg will be adding "slimeball" and "hambone" to the Ignore list.

That is correct.

• https://github.com/SlimeKnight…ins/misc/PeaceOfMind.java
    This code unregisters GregTech's ore handler. It was tested extensively enough to know that it does not crash, explode, or do anything other than lose some data from GregTech. This is rather crude; we've been discussing altering the lists that contain "improper values", adding them to the ignore list, etc.

If I were to change the code on GregTech's end, I would write all of the offending entries to a file and leave a note in the log. As-is the entries can take upwards of 100 lines, sometimes more.

I should also note that this code is in the highly unstable, development version of Tinkers' Construct. It's not meant to be used on servers or stable worlds.

• Official Post

That Code has changed since I copied it over to the Thread 4 Hours ago. That is why I included a copy of the original in the Spoiler below, to prevent you doing things like that after I sent the Message.

Please explain the Part where you remove the whole Mod from the google event Bus.

This code unregisters GregTech's ore handler. It was tested extensively enough to know that it does not crash, explode, or do anything other than lose some data from GregTech.

Effectively removing quite some important Recipes of the GT Tech Tree.

This is rather crude; we've been discussing altering the lists that contain "improper values", adding them to the ignore list, etc.

So instead of changing those Lists you did that?

If I were to change the code on GregTech's end, I would write all of the offending entries to a file and leave a note in the log. As-is the entries can take upwards of 100 lines, sometimes more.

I can shorten them a bit.

I should also note that this code is in the highly unstable, development version of Tinkers' Construct. It's not meant to be used on servers or stable worlds.

As if people who know about the latest Versions care about that.

• That Code has changed since I copied it over to the Thread 4 Hours ago. That is why I included a copy of the original in the Spoiler below, to prevent you doing things like that after I sent the Message.

If you look one folder up, you will see that the last change for the code was "a day ago". https://github.com/SlimeKnight…c/tconstruct/plugins/misc

Please explain the Part where you remove the whole Mod from the google event Bus.

Google's event bus was designed to have parts registered and unregistered. All you need to do is give it an object to (un)register and it proceeds as normal.

To be clear, only the ore dictionary file is unregistered. The rest of the mod is intact.

I can shorten them a bit.

Shortening them does not solve the problem. People are reporting your suggestions as bugs. The bug reports are what I want gone; that's the whole point.

• Official Post

If you look one folder up, you will see that the last change for the code was "a day ago". https://github.com/SlimeKnights/TinkersC…ct/plugins/misc

It told me 3 Days ago on the other branch, which I have linked.

Google's event bus was designed to have parts registered and unregistered. All you need to do is give it an object to (un)register and it proceeds as normal.

So why was that there in the first place? Even though it wasn't the most recent one, it was definetly the most damaging one.

To be clear, only the ore dictionary file is unregistered. The rest of the mod is intact.

"Intact" as in not crashing, and almost unnoticable missing Recipes.

Shortening them does not solve the problem. People are reporting your suggestions as bugs. The bug reports are what I want gone; that's the whole point.

You won't get reports regarding that anymore soon. That is the only thing I'll do. The other Mods will still receive it.

• Indirect talk is obviously not working. The message gets lost, misconstrued, and hohounk in particular has been trolling on my thread. We can talk here, if you prefer.

The thing is it needs to be us talking. No intermediaries, no comments from the peanut gallery, and definitely public.

Now why the Hell is there this "Locked/Banned" Lock Sign on this post?

• Official Post

Now why the Hell is there this "Locked/Banned" Lock Sign on this post?

Because i was testing something, nothing important. I think it just blocks edits. [Can you test for me if you can edit your own post now?]
    Edit : It seems that the discussion is over, no more popcorn.

• Official Post

Because i was testing something, nothing important. I think it just blocks edits. [Can you test for me if you can edit your own post now?]
    Edit : It seems that the discussion is over, no more popcorn.

Should've eaten it faster. You can always get more, but never put it back...

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You won't get reports regarding that anymore soon. That is the only thing I'll do. The other Mods will still receive it.

How is this even going to be implemented? Just simply remove TiCon-related messages? That isn't solving the issue. That's just appeasing the person who's speaking out against it.

You guys need to sort out your problems rather than pulling things like this. My suggestions:

Greg: Make those error messages of yours explicitly state that they're from GT. If you do that, you won't need to post errors selectively. Warning people about other people's mods is... A bit annoying.

mDiyo: If Greg takes my advice and fixes the issue, I'd remove that code ASAP. I even suggest removing it even if he doesn't fix it, although I'd understand either way. Good thing it was just a dev build that caused the issue, eh?

I'm trying my best not to take sides here (despite being somewhat biased here). I just don't want anyone to fight over such a misunderstanding!

• Official Post

"Peace of Mind", the code against GT was sent to graveyard. GT won't suggest oredict names to TiC items anymore.
    Therefore fixing mDiyo complaint about people spamming reports of those suggestions as bugs.

I'm not the person to say this, but after all, it was end-users' fault for not being smart and reporting suggestions as bugs.

1.7 may change things related to oredict names, on mDiyo side (actual fix of oredict names as suggested by greg). [ChickenBones might be included]

It seems that they got to a consensus and everything is over, for now.

• "Peace of Mind", the code against GT was sent to graveyard. GT won't suggest oredict names to TiC items anymore.
    1.7 may change things related to oredict names, on mDiyo side (actual fix of oredict names as suggested by greg). [ChickenBones might be included]

It seems that they got to a consensus and everything is over, for now.

My point about selectivity still stands, but I guess I'm glad nuclear war is averted for now. It was a good compromise, anyways; I'm just taking that.

• Official Post

everything is over, for now.

You said that last time :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Let's just say this,
    I have nothing against TT or Gregtech, but the LEAST he could do was test this on his own time, because this is the type of stuff that's breaking my instance of SolitaryCraft (ATlauncher)
    Now, MDiyo might have tried to prevent a conflict by trying to his own dictionary (I barely have intelligence in Forge, Only used it for a couple hours total), but trying to unload GregTech entirely just put that out of the question.
    I'd say other things about this, but that would make me look like an idiot if this boils over as some other way, and make me look like I'm raging.
    Think on the bright side though: At least he didn't bury this script in his core mod instead of as a plugin, which would force rage, and cause people intentionally modifying a modification without any permission because they thought it was okay to do so. (Again, barely know anything about forge, or java, but just enough to have a try at an intelligent approach)
    Any modding guy who has a mod that's seen in many modpacks, or looked as if he/she spent days upon days making a modification is on my good side by default. So, let's just leave it as that.

This doesnt make any sense to me, and i feel too sleepy to even properly answer ~SpwnX

MinecraftCreeper Overcharged creeper
    :Nuke TNT:
    you didnt notice theres a overcharged creeper behind you....
    BOOM
    and the remains of you and your house is gone....

MinecraftZombieman Chainsaw Pigman
    :Chainsaw:
    Uh. RIGHT BEHIND YOU
    minecraft would be horrible if these two mobs were added. the end.

Edited once, last by SpwnX ().

• So why was that there in the first place? Even though it wasn't the most recent one, it was definetly the most damaging one.

The last time we had this dance, you ended up crashing the game and trying to blame me. I don't want that to happen again. Now I have a method for damage control if things get out of hand.

• Now I have a method for damage control if things get out of hand.

Good, it is about time that we take down Greg's monopoly.
    I predict that in less than a year, there will be another advanced industrial technology mod out there, that doesn't forceably change 90% of the game and "rebalance" almost every other popular mod. Due to almost complete support from the entire world, it will become more advanced than gregtech, reaching and passing Tier 6, while still being reasonably expensive - expensive, not repetitive/boring and expensive.