IC2 not playing nicely with Mekanism (energy flow)

• I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not, but I don't consider it one.

So whats going on here is that I've just installed IC2 onto the Voltz Mod Pack and its not playing nice with the Mekanism Mod. Before you why I would install IC2 onto Voltz, Its because of the quantum armor.

What happens is IC2 is trying to add the energy cubes/factories from Mekanism into its network or something similar and what happens is that all the energy cubes will stop outputting energy for 30 seconds then restarts when my server decides to fix the network and start sending power thru the lines again.

So My question is there a way to resolve this or is this just a full on bug which only the devs can fix?

Here's a Screenshot of the server console

Other Info:
    IC2 v1.117
    MC V1.5.2
    Using Universal Cable (from Voltz)

Here'es the Forge Mod Loader Server Log
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…rgeModLoader-server-0.log

• Wrong! Mekanism is not playing nicely with IC²!

To be honest, are you surprised?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Voltz (and Universal Electricity in general) has a lot of compatability issues at the moment, this is not the place to go asking about it, instead present this report to the dev of Mekanism

• Official Post

while you are at it yell at them to use something other then osmium, cobalt is unused by nearly all mods, although I think Greg added a periodic table reference in TCon for them (do they work together now by default or...?)

• Alright thanks for that I've already reported this as a bug on the Mekanism Forums. Al tho I'm not sure if they will do anything about it because It is indeed outdated and I'm not sure if updating it might fix the problem, the new updated version of Mekanism supports 1.6 but I'm not sure if it will support 1.5.2

SirusKing LOL...... no

• Official Post

Osmium is great, makes the few things GT adds that need it SO much easier :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Alright thanks for that I've already reported this as a bug on the Mekanism Forums. Al tho I'm not sure if they will do anything about it because It is indeed outdated and I'm not sure if updating it might fix the problem, the new updated version of Mekanism supports 1.6 but I'm not sure if it will support 1.5.2

SirusKing LOL...... no

Osmium is litterally the rarest ore on the planet, to which they have made as common as iron, and with Greg's logical realistic output it is incredibly OP (super cheap iridium). They really should change it to cobalt or manganese or similar.

• Osmium is litterally the rarest ore on the planet, to which they have made as common as iron, and with Greg's logical realistic output it is incredibly OP (super cheap iridium). They really should change it to cobalt or manganese or similar.

You know they won't because they like to break game mechanics and tech trees out of spite...

"OMG GAEM IZ 2 HARD! BUFF MOD PLOX?!?!"

Then don't use the mod, then?

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Official Post

You know they won't because they like to break game mechanics and tech trees out of spite...

"OMG GAEM IZ 2 HARD! BUFF MOD PLOX?!?!"

Then don't use the mod, then?

who said i did? ;p

• You know they won't because they like to break game mechanics and tech trees out of spite...

How is it possible to break any sort of compatibility or tech tree by replacing all uses of osmium with e.g cobalt? Just a direct 1:1 replacement of everything.

• How is it possible to break any sort of compatibility or tech tree by replacing all uses of osmium with e.g cobalt? Just a direct 1:1 replacement of everything.

No, I meant that cheap osmium was in place in order to circumvent the 'Gregtech' way of obtaining that substance...

• Official Post

No, I meant that cheap osmium was in place in order to circumvent the 'Gregtech' way of obtaining that substance...

The Osmium was inplace before GregTech had any use for it and the Author probably just wanted an ore nobody uses. Again, Cobalt, Manganese or Zinc come to mind.

• Official Post

It was platinium before they changed it to osmium :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It was platinium before they changed it to osmium

Both are rare "Platinum Group" metals.
    And I don't see how somebody will not know that platinum is so darn rare. Osmium possibly, but not platinum.

• Its interesting to see just how fast some of these threads change topics. How did this turn from help getting Mekanism working with IC2 to what alloy Osmium should change to?

while you are at it yell at them to use something other then osmium, cobalt is unused by nearly all mods, although I think Greg added a periodic table reference in TCon for them (do they work together now by default or...?)

Oh, right...

• So yeah to end the topic off, I made a custom voltz updated modpack and updated to IC2 Experimental and Mekanism (latest version) and I still have the Energy Flow Bug... Ahh I've learnt to live with it.