Posts by Epic Lulz

so regular tnt cant blow through obsidian, needed for tnt cannons and player traps.

also,how do you craft coolant cells in the latest experimental ic2 release, ive tried all the recipes listed at http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…ex.php?title=Cooling_Cell but none of them work.(sorry if this should be posted in a separate thread)

Don't use the wiki, although I can't blame you as it isn't updated yet and there is no NEI support either.

Use the canning machine in fluid enrich mode, you can use either:
    - 1 bucket regular water + 8 lapis dust
    - 1 bucket distilled water + 1 lapis dust

Instead of axels and gearboxes, we could do hydraulics or pneumatics, though they aren't original either. They are simpler though.

No, it's going to change.

"Voltage" (i.e. packets) will come back. Resistance will be variable depending on the amount that is passing through the wire OR the maximum "voltage" tolerance of the wire I believe (not entirely sure on that).

Proof (albeit somewhat outdated, from November):

As I stated multiple times already the energy net is nowhere near its final state and voltage isn't implemented yet. The simulation does already use the correct algorithms, but the voltage values are being ignored atm.

Machines still explode by receiving too much energy at once, but right now current == energy and currents sum up. Later on the voltage will make machines explode and higher currents just mean more throughput at the cost of higher conduction losses.

U just don't get it LuL. Go lul somewhere-else and stop commenting on this thread plz.

Ad hominem is not going to get you anywhere here.

See here, glass fibre cable is not meant for casual use (logically, it shouldn't even conduct electricity). There are far better alternatives, both economically and in actuality. It is pretty much intended that glass fibre is expensive to prevent people from abusing its usage like back in classic IC2. Well I do agree they may be slightly overdoing it (maybe 0.75 - 0.85 diamonds/cable would be a better compromise) but glass fibre cable is not something cheap you're meant to have after 20 minutes of playing.

Edit 2: Seriously, diamonds aren't that hard to get. Get a Fortune pickaxe (even easier in 1.8). A Fortune II pick and a medium-sized diamond ore vein (about 4 diamond ores) can net you about 7 diamonds on average. Sure, you need some bookshelves and enchanting tables, but that's late midgame vanilla, and about early midgame in IC2. Not that tall of a technological barrier.

Edit 1: So I see you're ignoring me. That's fine. I'm not going to get angry from any internet arguments. Denial isn't going to get you anywhere either.

Just so that what I'm saying is clear. I do not have any problem with the efficiency degradation of cables within the game.
    I am only pointing out that one single cable is costing almost 1 diamond. Where as previously the use of a diamond in a recipe would yeald 6/8 pieces of Fiber cable.
    I know there are some smart people here with all the equasions and so-forth. I appreciate this.

My only point is about game balance and the cost of material to make the cable.

Thanks to those that replied. (p.s.. no problem Kye))

You need it for QEV/IV energy (max 8192) transference only I think, you can just use four parallel HV cables (max 2048) transferring EV for that, there is absolutely no reason to use Glass Fibre unless they decided to buff its resistance significantly.

Cable loss, when reimplemented, will function differently from what it used to in classic IC2. Better cables will have higher resistance IIRC. Cable loss should be in decimals per block now, not 1 per x blocks. Use the appropriate wire and don't jump straight to GFC.

You aren't meant to have lossless energy transfer anyway. If you really want to do that, maybe try hopper and minecarts with batteries/crystals.

If that does happen, make it a mode you have to toggle, don't want to accidentally walk up fences.

I don't think that will work, cable resistance was going to be changed to x per block instead of 1 per x blocks.

Kelvin is mostly used in science, which makes sense considering what type of mod GregTech is :). Also at 0K it's -273oC and everything is solid at 0K.

Not everything, helium is liquid at 0 K (as superfluid Helium II though) unless you raise the pressure up to 2.5 MPa.

GregTech is a science mod, so there shouldn't be any non-scientific measuring systems in GT (although one can argue that liters are technically not SI units).

It is simpler to code in Kelvin instead of Celsius too as there aren't any negative temperatures you have to account for and a minimum of zero makes more sense than -273.15 or -459.67.

The 2nd one seems pretty cool, although output should be decreased (since you are breaking the momentum) or it could be easily exploitable as a mob farm.

It would be pretty cool but pretty OP to see an Enderman farm in the End where the Endermen are being cut down by windmills generating energy at the same time.

Hi!
    I need to get irdium, so i need UU matter. I have craft the mass fabricator but i do not know how to use it. I dont know if i have to find UU matter in form of liquid and take it with a cell or something, but i have use the creative and the UU matter in cells does not work.
    I am spanish so i am sorry about my english :P

Use a Scanner to scan iridium ore (found in dungeons, villages, mineshafts, etc.) and then place the data in the Replicator to create UU.

Direwolf doesn't play GregTech, so I don't think he will do that.

He could treat it as the same way he spotlighted TFC... he doesn't need to play a mod he spotlights.

Similar to TFC, GregTech is bordering on a conversion. Not quite total, and not quite completely one, but yeah.

I like that pick as well. It won't tell you exactly where you the ore is, but at least you know that there is something in the area. And that is exactly how this should work.

Maybe using Greg's level system, you can estimate the ore value instead if Greg wants to nerf it.

You can tell what level the ore is up to the level above the pick.

E.g. Using flint pickaxe (lvl 1), you can identify ores as lvl 1, lvl 2 or lvl > 2.

Using iron pickaxe (lvl 2), you can identify ores as lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3 or lvl > 3.

Using diamond pickaxe (lvl 3), you can identify ores as lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3, lvl 4 or lvl > 4.

This is the Futuristic one, not Classic :p Fonts were experimental and will be either removed or tweaked for the next iteration, because it ended up being not that great for extensive chat reading.
    Between 1.7 and 1.8, the only thing that I need to change is the enchant table iirc, will do that once I finished PFM 1.1

Oh oops

Just because it doesn't crash doesn't mean it will work normally.

Bronze crafting for one, should crash.

I know perfectly why the explosions exist in the first place, and makes perfect sense regardless as its to do with over-voltage, in previous versions you had both EU/p and EU/t, EU/p was the packet size, AKA 'voltage', EU/t was the actual draw rate, 'current', you could have an unlimited amount of current without issue, but provided the voltage was never above the safe level for the machine, and the voltage never stacked.

here's where the problem comes in; as of 1.6, this classic EU/p and EU/t system was removed, completely, now it only has a floating EU rate similar to that of MJ, RF and steam, no voltage, no current, the 'maxSafeEU' is still there in-code but its never used or called and the API will just send the machine whatever number it can, of which its then recommended to accept all of this value otherwise you get major power loss (I had to make my own power inverter mod as powerconverters was completely useless due to this), however for whatever reason greg didn't make any work-around for this so something as simple as two battboxes will blow up all your basic greg machines, or in my case, having more than 4 plasma gens on one power line will blow up AESUs or any other greg machines even when they have all their transformer upgrades (8192EU/p), which is technically a bug, and IC2 transformers were nerfed something awful so I cant use them to cap to 8192 unless I use 4 EV-transformers ( 4 * 2048 ).

really its a combination of a, quite frankly stupid, API change without proper thought and other mods not following the new rules, so really the only two mods that work correctly, if at all, with the new IC2 API is IC2 itself and my power inverter...

Voltage is coming back:

As I stated multiple times already the energy net is nowhere near its final state and voltage isn't implemented yet. The simulation does already use the correct algorithms, but the voltage values are being ignored atm.

Machines still explode by receiving too much energy at once, but right now current == energy and currents sum up. Later on the voltage will make machines explode and higher currents just mean more throughput at the cost of higher conduction losses.

UU isn't finished either, we're not even close to think about balancing it. It's not that hard to find iridium or dungeons btw.

This was written last November though, so it misses out some of the newer experimental changes.