IndustrialCraft Facebook Page

• Why not have a Facebook page which keeps users of this fantastic mod up to date on everything happening, while also having the more casual function of showing builds and featuring videos that will draw popularity to the mod? I think it would work!

• Official Post

Some one would need to maintain it. No one would :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I'll admit, I only got Facebook recently (due to academic studies). The only reason why I have it is to keep in contact with old friends of mine if I don't have them on Steam. What would be a decent idea though is a new Industrial BlaBla blog run by one of the other developers.

Also, the only things to use Google+ for are
    1. Youtube
    2. Gmail (If your only making a Youtube channel now, it is mandatory so might as well use it)

• I'll admit, I only got Facebook recently (due to academic studies). The only reason why I have it is to keep in contact with old friends of mine if I don't have them on Steam. What would be a decent idea though is a new Industrial BlaBla blog run by one of the other developers.

Also, the only things to use Google+ for are
    1. Youtube
    2. Gmail (If your only making a Youtube channel now, it is mandatory so might as well use it)

This idea is even reasonable. Having the last post on April 10th makes this seem more desolate than it truly is. Who will accept the glory of being the new voice of Industrialcraft?

• Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• There we go, we have someone willing to take up the task. Now, all we need is a mod willing to keep this person up to date on everything and we have a way to keep everyone on the pulse of what is going on :D

• Official Post

There we go, we have someone willing to take up the task. Now, all we need is a mod willing to keep this person up to date on everything and we have a way to keep everyone on the pulse of what is going on :D

There is plenty of information on http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/

• There is plenty of information on http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/

I see that and that's great, but I was thinking some PR more akin to this example of a mod-maker's facebook page, Sonic Ether.

https://www.facebook.com/SonicEther

Everybody is always up to speed, and there is an open dialogue environment where even the least saavy folks can participate. Nobody ever walks into the place wondering what happened to everybody.

• I see that and that's great, but I was thinking some PR more akin to this example of a mod-maker's facebook page, Sonic Ether.

https://www.facebook.com/SonicEther

Everybody is always up to speed, and there is an open dialogue environment where even the least saavy folks can participate. Nobody ever walks into the place wondering what happened to everybody.

Yeah, I don't think you've noticed or not, but I'm the WORST person you could pick to do PR like you are asking for. I mean, I'm the type of guy who doesn't care about being banned off websites for brash behavior or narcissistic attitude, so I don't think you want me to 'ruin' the image of IC2 "any further"...

In that same token, however, I don't think anyone here really cares for your request, either. It's better for IC2 to keep within the bounds of this forum anyway, as the community can often times act with irrational and ignorant regard to topics that they have little information about. Think of it as a quest for greater knowledge: if they seek more knowledge about IC2 itself, they will come here. Otherwise, they'll homogenize in their modpack community and bitch and moan about how a mod is done a certain way, and how it should be replaced with 'something better'...

Mods aren't developed for the sake of players. They are created because they are fun to maintain and fun to bring into creation. It just so happens that those people are also willing to share their creatons with others as well...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

'ruin' the image of IC2 "any further"

Describe any further.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Instead of bringing the image of IC² under the plains of Oblivion, I think a fresh start would be a good idea. Just remove the "2" and add a "3". Or maybe, an Eight. 88888888

• My big fear is IndustrialCraft going the way of the Aether mod. That mod was a masterpiece, but with the frequent updates and wavering morale of the mod creators it got canned. That was painful to watch something so glorious just die like that. I know, I know, it was taken up by new people who saved it, but what if they didn't? Could you imagine this mod just ceasing to exist because certain folks became bored while the fan base was loving it? We'd all be devastated.