The RRMEN - A VERY big Realistic Electrical Grid!

• Hi there!
    There was once a nice thread of a person trying to mimick a realistic electric grid in a server. Then, his computer crashed and all his hard work got lost.
    Now, I tried to do a similar thing.

Let me present, the RRMEN!
    More than 100k cables, 20 substations, 2 cities, 4 factories, 10 power plants and MOAR!

A tiny teaser image:

The New Radeon - 1 NPP. 4x 420EU/t (called kW in-game for realism ;) )

The "Church" substation, providing power to the surrounding homes. It is a 1024 kW HV -> LV substation.

A typical factory substation. The customer is directly connected to the EV (HVDC) network since it is a heavy ironworks factory.

Inside said substation. Note the dual meter for production (using a Steam Turbine and Creosote from the Coke Ovens of the ironworks) and for consumption (when the turbine isn't enough).
    (kWh are EU, BTW :) )

New images will come soon! :thumbup:

Note: You may see 24V, 230V, 15/25kV, 150kV and HVDC signs instead of ULV, LV, MV, HV and EV signs. This is for realism's sake!

Please, leave feedback! ^^
    Bye!
    --lego11

• Hi there!
    First, sorry for posting in the wrong section, and thank you for moving my thread!
    Then, let's answer your questions.

Is that long Railway in Picture 1 actually used for anything?

Yes!! It is connecting the main town, New Radeon, to the other smaller town, Lynnfield.

Factory(or whatever it is) in first shot is very cool. (well except that coublestone of course)

The cobblestone in there is here because the railway is (supposed to be) there from the old, steam age (ca.1900)...
    And, if you meant the cobblestone on the roof, it's there because it looked pretty in my opinion :)

Why the fuck are sign written in both French and I don't know what ?

I'm Italian, but I (lived in) France, and some of my French friends still play with me, hence the multi lingual signs :)

Then, let's post some other screenshots. Trying to make an overhead EV (HVDC) line didn't end very pretty... have you got ideas to tidy it up?

Next, the nuclear power station control room. Sorry again for the Italian writing :) The RED meters are for kWh and kW used by the NPP itself (ligting, refining of uranium...) and the GREEN ones are power inputted in the grid.
    (The NPP was disconnected from grid at the moment of the screenshot)

Finally, a bird's eye view on Lynnfield, which consumes about 2 MW (2048 kW) manly because of a massive Mass-fab based factory in the outskirts of the town...

As always, comment, give suggestions, feedback...
    See you later :thumbup:

• Amazing!
    You could possibly add an industrial place with lots of iron/steel buildings and factories for processing ores and things like that.
    :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: MinecraftNotch :Matter: :Matter:

• Amazing!
    You could possibly add an industrial place with lots of iron/steel buildings and factories for processing ores and things like that.
    :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: MinecraftNotch :Matter: :Matter:

I have an industrial area, with the New Radeon NPP and an ironworks factory. You dump coal, gold and iron ores in (via minecarts), you get Refined Iron, Coke, Creosote, Iron, Steel and Gold out :)

Some ideas to make the overhead powerline prettier?

:thumbup:

• well this thread have only month so writing in it will not be big necro

i think overhead powerline will look better without isolation, silver color will nice look with sky behimd it and cable is thiner so its harder to get into eye

• Official Post

so i get golden shovel?

Were you on the Minecraft Forums maybe.The best thing you'd get here would be a bit of sticky resin :Resin:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.