[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• The kinesis pipes were really the main thing that I was going for. I know about GT's pipes. I love them.

If you guys wish, I could create a private server pack to allow new people to get on the server much easier and quicker. Auto-Updates are also a nice thing.

EDIT: One thing to note about Thaumcraft. It allows very easy early game ore doubling with the Infernal Furnace and Ore Purification. Consider tweaking those a little.

• Just restrict TC tech to GT tech (aka make its items require GT tech tree stuff).

Close to impossible

The specific way to double ores only requires a crucible, which only requires a cauldron. It does however require you to add Ordo and Metallum, so you will waste some metal and another material, but it still can cause problems early game (Although it doesn't give you the ability to have by-products).

The infernal furnace on the other hand is a multi-block structure that smelts things for free, with occasional bonus nuggets. At first, it is extremely slow, but by upgrading it with bellows and Ignis essentia (which actually does take fuel), it can smelt fast. The fact that it is slow and requires a dangerous trip to the nether does balance it out though.

Golems also can make automation a lot easier. However, they can be expensive.

One interesting thing though is that Railcraft is planning on adding a Potentia Powered Train. This would make trains simpler, but require a well-done infrastructure.

• Or just make the basic wand use stainless steel caps instead of iron as I suggested - you still need a wand to transform a cauldron into crucible.

• Well if all you do is nerf the thaumometer, you can move TC until it is no longer "a cheaty" way of getting started. Thaumometer needing stainless steel, for example.

• There's a lot of stuff we could do... Maybe make the top tier wand for TC require a piece of Iridium or something :P

Or add Thaumic Tinkerer, nerf the Silverwood wand slightly and have the (I don't know how you spell it) wand the top tier (You also don't really need to nerf said wand IMO)

• Or add Thaumic Tinkerer, nerf the Silverwood wand slightly and have the (I don't know how you spell it) wand the top tier (You also don't really need to nerf said wand IMO)

As far as I know, Thaumic Tinkerer doesn't add any type of wands and probably the only useful thing it has is the focus of dislocation (which is extremely powerful as it can move spawners). Unless you're talking about KAMI part of TT that is disabled by default as it adds super OP stuff.

Also I believe the intention is to have to start with GT, as the server is hardmode GT core. And Kirara 1.0 was oriented that way.

Another thing worth testing would be whether it's actually possible to change recipes that require the use of arcane worktable. These recipes are probably registered differently than normal crafting recipes, so I don't think MineTweaker can alter them. However, there are two critical components you have to craft before you can even start with Thaumcraft and since they can be crafted in regular crafting bench, I believe they can be altered with MineTweaker.
    That's the iron capped wooden wand and Thaumometer. Therefore I suggest altering those two recipes to require AT LEAST stainless steel (other possibilities would be tungsten, tungstensteel or iridium).

To me it seems as a logical step because TC gives you tools, armor, weapons, farm management, transportation, enchanting and other item processing that you normally get with GT in more advanced era. And once you get there, new options of building open up for you.

• Recently, Thaumic Tinkerer added Ichorium tools, including wands and wand caps. the recepie is the most expensive in TC and TT to date as it requires several dangerous infusion craftings (according to the book...) but a fill Ichorium wand can store 1000 of each aspect. Ichorium can also be used in tools and weapons.

• That's KAMI... and will not go into here. KAMI means God... we do not need godmode...

Alright, to prevent early-game abuse of Thaumcraft, while also preventing it from not being used at all, I recommend adding 4 steel to the recipe for the Thaumometer. There is enough space, so why not? This will make it impossible to start Thaumcraft before the late-bronze age (unless of course you are lucky) while also not killing it entirely.

• That's KAMI... and will not go into here. KAMI means God... we do not need godmode...

Alright, to prevent early-game abuse of Thaumcraft, while also preventing it from not being used at all, I recommend adding 4 steel to the recipe for the Thaumometer. There is enough space, so why not? This will make it impossible to start Thaumcraft before the late-bronze age (unless of course you are lucky) while also not killing it entirely.

Many suggested adding stainless steel. While that would be really silly, I can see why, and that would make the most sense in the long run. Adding steel could work too, but it'd have to be steel plates or something, so you had to do a lot of dungeon crawling to get the materials for it, or make a blast furnace.