[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Oh I didn't mean run it and remove it later; I meant run it on a week-long server beta (or shorter if it's obviously a problem) with intent to wipe it at the end of that time and use those results to inform whether thaumcraft can be included.

OPIS profiling during that time with a few users would show pretty quickly what percentage of our TPS thaumcraft is eating (just by existing). Assuming TPS will always decline from the 'ideal' conditions that a freshly generated world offers, thaumcraft eating more than its share at the start warrants cutting it from the release

The particular problems causing inordinate lag were Angry Zombies and trees in the Magical Forest biome.

• I saw some comments on reddit that said if you remove a mod from 1.7, it shifts all the block ids down. In case you didn't know, I thought you should. What would this mean for the server? Would we have to have a 'test day' or something, to see which mods work before we start the server properly?

• I saw some comments on reddit that said if you remove a mod from 1.7, it shifts all the block ids down. In case you didn't know, I thought you should. What would this mean for the server? Would we have to have a 'test day' or something, to see which mods work before we start the server properly?

A test day would be nice, there it will be creative and the players will have the task of breaking the server :) As for the id shifting, there are no block ids on 1.7 as far as I know... they are all string based identification now, I could be wrong of course.

• Official Post

A test day would be nice, there it will be creative and the players will have the task of breaking the server :) As for the id shifting, there are no block ids on 1.7 as far as I know... they are all string based identification now, I could be wrong of course.

Breaking stuff? I'm good at that. Right greg?

@above: All items and blocks are going to be identified by its name, so why would we need IDs?

• Got a reply from reddit:
    I think adding blocks is fine, i havent found any issues in my dev world. Ids are still internally handled, the game goes "Hey, this block needs to have a blockid of 378 since it has the name foobar" for example, when a block is removed, all of the blocks go "hey, that block is missing, we need to replace it" and it shifts ALL of the ids down, meaning that all the blocks in the world get changed. :)

• Adding blocks should be fine. Removing blocks (at least that's what it has been doing for me) prevents the world from loading at all until those are present again.

• Awww MrMoo, your base screens made me jelly, will post some too as soon as I manage to stop playing SSP skyblock Hardcore Quest.

UNG actually got my base's exterior on yt and aaalmost took the minecart to the chromium rod too, heh if he had I wouldn't bother posting any myself. Happy with the reactions, lol, he sees it on the minimap and says "Issa BIG BASE!" xD

• Because I am waiting for something to make a video OF XD.

So giving a goodbye to the server ,is not strong enough for a video?

UNG actually got my base's exterior

I did go there later on, i had no instructions, so i thougth it was someone base, i am still playing, and i wold yet record more if was good to do so. So far my partner is a disaster, lag spikes, and rushing things.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Glad I'll have a partner who can speak english next time. Still on board with partners next map, Choco?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech