[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Official Post

Glad I'll have a partner who can speak english next time. Still on board with partners next map, Choco?

Indeed

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Will this server have whitelist when it comes online? If so, how does one apply to be on it?

Also, might I make a suggestion: Disable charcoal smelting in a normal furnace, so that we must use coke ovens instead. It makes the early game MUCH more interesting, and coal becomes VERY useful early game as well. Also, change all of the torch recipes to only yield one torch. (or, if you're not THAT into hardcore play, two torches)

EDIT: Also, I would suggest the replacing of Iron Chests with Better Storage, as it is really a much more interesting and just overall better mod that makes a lot more sense, and is better balanced.

EDIT2: Also, Railcraft water tanks seem a little OP in a world with finite water...

• Official Post

EDIT2: Also, Railcraft water tanks seem a little OP in a world with finite water...

You need some way of passively generating water, or they're be no water source blocks anywhere!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You need some way of passively generating water, or they're be no water source blocks anywhere!

Squeezing cactus, or I suppose we could add a canning or crafting recipe producing a water cell/bucket from cactus or something. Also, electrolyzing sugar.
    It would also be great if we added an early-game recipe for the Drain cover, especially if the drain produces water if placed on top of a GT pipe.
    Or if there's a way to disable the eternal water gen of water tanks they wouldn't be quite as OP. Personally, I think that having a way to passively gen water at all times, anywhere, defeats much of the purpose of finite water.

• Squeezing cactus, or I suppose we could add a canning or crafting recipe producing a water cell/bucket from cactus or something. Also, electrolyzing sugar.
    It would also be great if we added an early-game recipe for the Drain cover, especially if the drain produces water if placed on top of a GT pipe.
    Or if there's a way to disable the eternal water gen of water tanks they wouldn't be quite as OP. Personally, I think that having a way to passively gen water at all times, anywhere, defeats much of the purpose of finite water.

All of those using squeezing or electrolysing are too far advanced for where the passive water gen is needed, the bronze age!
    Drain cover still needs water source blocks if I am not mistaken?

• All of those using squeezing or electrolysing are too far advanced for where the passive water gen is needed, the bronze age!
    Drain cover still needs water source blocks if I am not mistaken?

Make it a crafting recipe, then. maybe 4-8 cactus + bucket = water bucket.
    Also, drain cover produces water in the rain.

• Make it a crafting recipe, then. maybe 4-8 cactus + bucket = water bucket.
    Also, drain cover produces water in the rain.

Then that defeats the purpose of having the advanced water producing recipes in teh first place. Also, while drain cover would be nice, it is supposed to be more advanced tech than the water tank, which generates water really slowly. I like the water tanks more than other ways of generating water, even just having loads of buckets and putting water into machines, which is the cheapest and easiest way. It just, feels right. Water is infinite anyway, so why not have this done by a 'machine' instead?

• to run around this little thing, it would be too much trouble, RC has resolved this on some sort, when the steam is used up, it produce water back, the steam turbine is like that,so you could re-suply the boiler again, but is just too much work to do this with all machines, and create somekind of poluted water that cames from the grinders.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• We need this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehRQDIzt29M

Edit: Some details so you don't necessarily have to watch the video:

StarMiner http://forum.minecraftuser.jp/viewtopic.php?t=17975

The mod adds artificial gravity generators that negate other gravitational sources when you're within their range. It also adds gravity plating, so you could totally walk up the side of a plated wall, then onto an upside down platform.

It does add some ways of making things like crops and beds place correctly on the sides or undersides of blocks, but only some vanilla things. I don't know what it does for fluids, but I'm going to give it some experimentation time.

All in all, it looks fun, has no bearing on tech progression, and might make for some interesting looking bases. I don't know what this does in conjunction with Galacticraft, but I suspect it might be possible to build your own Phobos with space elevator.

• My testing of StarMiner in a Gregtech-positive world works. Fluids ignore the artificial gravity. Here is a screenshot in a test instance of my TPPI world:

Also... if you're going to work with this mod in survival, bring a jetpack, rubber boots, and Dramamine.

• Why don't we make the Reactor output steam since this is a hardmode server and have railcraft installed?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• What would be your guys' opinion on adding the Expanded Redstone Mod?
    Link: https://sites.google.com/site/…necraft/expanded-redstone

I'm unsure about how well it would fit with the other mods, as this does allow for automatic farming with no running cost at all, though they would be considerably more complicated then, for example, Forestry. Additionally there's always recipe changing to make them less OP.

Mainly just suggesting this because Greg's tree farming is incomplete and I prefer not using Forestry farms, though at the same time I do acknowledge that this is a hardcore server and if it fits the style better without expanded redstone, then I can understand. And somewhat agree.

• Official Post

My testing of StarMiner in a Gregtech-positive world works. Fluids ignore the artificial gravity. Here is a screenshot in a test instance of my TPPI world:

Also... if you're going to work with this mod in survival, bring a jetpack, rubber boots, and Dramamine.

That would be awesome... Since it doesnt add anything but gravity we don't even need to tweak its recipes. Maybe just the gravitational core.

• Gravity mod: Looks awesome, could potentially fit in with maybe some recipe tweaks. Is it updated to 1.7?

Expanded Redstone: I don't think it works in the pack, but that's just my opinion.

• I agree with MrMoo, +1 for gravity, -1 for Expanded Redstone. Between GT and PRed's wires our redstone is well expanded already.

Also, just to chime in on the (probably already settled) water tank issue: GT drains already produce water passively in the rain and their recipe is pretty early game, water tanks are fine, sugarcane still has a place in water production as a large scale solution, as it can be significantly faster per block than tanks.

i.e. my 9 chunk base could not sustain D-T fusion even if i made the roof all RC water tanks. imo infinite water is not meant to really make water scarce - just to open up all those other options and make water sources in the world more manageable.

Oh and if cactus floats your boat, forestry has a recipe for that. Wouldn't want to squeeze them with your bare hands, would you?