[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• So are we getting admin AE cells, or just our inventories?

Depends on you. IF* we are to migrate you can either keep your inventory**, inventory with ae cells** or inventory + ae cells + your base**. Whatever is needed to migrate will be provided, upon signing a contract that you will return or destroy given items upon arrival.

*) It is a big if. It is also red.
    **) Limited by current technology and import law.

• Official Post

So many if statements. Probably needs to be optimised in order to make a quick decision :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Setting all entries from =true to =false and =<number> to =0 seems to have no effect on server start up times :wacko:

EDIT:
    [14:35:01] [Server thread/TRACE] [gregtech/gregtech]: Sending event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod gregtech
    [14:35:18] [Server thread/TRACE] [gregtech/gregtech]: Sent event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod gregtech

Does this mean that GT initializes in 17seconds ?

• Official Post

Setting all entries from =true to =false and = to =0 seems to have no effect on server start up times :wacko:

EDIT:
    [14:35:01] [Server thread/TRACE] [gregtech/gregtech]: Sending event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod gregtech
    [14:35:18] [Server thread/TRACE] [gregtech/gregtech]: Sent event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod gregtech

Does this mean that GT initializes in 17seconds ?

Yes it does. At least the Post Init (which is the longest Phase) takes that long (if the Recipes are disabled ofcourse). You should check preInit and Init too for more precice Values.

• I'm fine with a single inventory. If you want to move my base, you better move the whole continent, because it is attached to the land it stands on.

• use 64/stacks
    only need to move important stuff, don't need 50 stacks of 16x dirt...
    give us 2 days to pack i'm sure we can fit it in an inv

No promises yet.

EDIT:
    Main server startup log for gregtech

Pregen server startup log for gregtech

Not a huge difference in startup time. This is of course from a single measurement.

• Will the new map have better oregen? i moved 5000 blocks out and still no shards :(

On the original(alpha) map i was at least able to find the ores i needed.

EDIT: Also I am fine with single inventory + Creative cell :D

• Official Post

Chill, just remove all important machinery (and carry it with you) and we can move up to 8x8 chunks with a single spatial cell :3
    Also, we can give ppl a temporary enderchest for moving even more stuff.

@shards: Look for worldgen error vanilly chunks, in case you still cant find the rare (but now big) shard veins. Vanilla chunks have lots of shards.

• We realy did not had a good start on 1.7 .i am prob only one of the few who did not liked this new ore gen at all, some complain to put it to have more dificult, yes it is more dificult, but the irony is the one who require that are the ones who are more used to it, and so dificult became just normal, also, people want to have to explore more than before... but what about people who dont like that? i like to use more my time planning what and how to build than just wasting rows of pickaxe on vain search for something that may be or may not be there at all. Luck is a great factor on this new ore gen, some people can sit on places where they can have almost everything they need, while outers on a desert. Previous even not bein in the right place you are rewarded with something for your hard work, now is just look here , if you find something ,score, nothing just leave to another one dumbly mine there.
    What wil change with my post? nothing, and i am very aware of that. But i said that to GregoriusT, and will say again, it dont matters how much you try to make things harder, people will always find a way to bypass that, but those who dont, will only have a cruel thing to deal with.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• I'd sooner start fresh than carry anything over. Don't bother migrating my .dat if it turns out to be easier to skip it.

If you're just copying and pasting the folder, I can sort my stuff out in the new world.

• Official Post

And that is what you get for cheating everyone.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• We can do a vote. We restart, and those who want their .dat files moved can have 1 day to fill their inventory. We should also take some time to set up spawn plots. Creative mode, laying fence or something.