The future of IndustrialCraft^2

• Does Alblaka not like us anymore? It seems to have been so long since he spoke, and for that matter an official release has come out. Is he still engaged by the project he started that lit up so many eyes? Will another take his place and lead IC2 into a bright future? When even modpacks stop including us I feel like something went wrong.

• Oh, well in that case, when will the releases be named official rather than experimental? If they run the show, then it seems fitting the call that when it is the case. Uncertainty is so discomforting.

• Player is doing a great job at keeping up with the updates. I can't for the life of me understand why Alblaka walked from such a great project.

• This situation kind of reminds me of folks that buy bunnies for Easter, then don't care to take care of them for the next ten years they are expected to live. Working up a loyal fan-base and then just walking is sort of cruel. Imagine if Notch just suddenly said "enough" and abandoned Minecraft like that, leaving no indication of what the heck happened.

• Well, think of it this way. We all have to adjust our lives in some shape or form, sooner or later, but when these adjustments happen, they happen for a reason. Remember: We have an absolute terrible 'economy', so bad that it put a lot of countries in recession. He might of left because he was too busy to continue on mods. He had a dream, this wasn't his strongest, so he left it. Knowing that some people would continue it. We all got lives, but there's a certain time we go and pursue our dreams and careers.

• Imagine if Notch just suddenly said "enough" and abandoned Minecraft like that, leaving no indication of what the heck happened.

Notch hasn't worked on MC for quite a while now. Though he didn't just leave overnight and gave the project over to others who were already working on it with him

• Official Post

Imagine if Notch just suddenly said "enough" and abandoned Minecraft like that, leaving no indication of what the heck happened.

Well didnt he leave Minecraft already? He was just bored working on it, he doesn't even know about those new Features his Team added (see when Notch visited the MindCrack Server).

• I hope that machines will explode when they are supplied EUs they shouldn't accept like GregTech,
    and also hope loss of EUs going through cable to be implemented. It's very weird that MFE can run Macerator directly without Transformer.

Putting many Machines are Probably Better than installing Many Overclocker Upgrades.

• I hope that machines will explode when they are supplied EUs they shouldn't accept like GregTech,
    and also hope loss of EUs going through cable to be implemented. It's very weird that MFE can run Macerator directly without Transformer.

Why shouldn't machines use Gregtech Power Generator-gnerated EU and explode? And why should one need a large-scale cable when you just talk about transferring one block? And since when can Macerators take Energy directly from MFEs, without an inbuilt transformer?

• Why shouldn't machines use Gregtech Power Generator-gnerated EU and explode? And why should one need a large-scale cable when you just talk about transferring one block? And since when can Macerators take Energy directly from MFEs, without an inbuilt transformer?

Ah, I mean that IC2_Experimental machines currently don't explode even if they receive EU that they can't accept(GregTech ones explode.) I just wanted them to explode…

Putting many Machines are Probably Better than installing Many Overclocker Upgrades.

• Ah, I mean that IC2_Experimental machines currently don't explode even if they receive EU that they can't accept(GregTech ones explode.) I just wanted them to explode…

Wait until the ENet is fixed first...

• That Notch thing is actually news to me. By the sound of things, he seemed to at least warn people first, so additional updates of Minecraft weren't all said to be "experimental." I mean, have some respect for the fans that made your name significant.

Apart from that, now I'm curious about map ports for anything we are working on now that we want to bring with us to 1.8. MCEdit doesn't play nice with Forge, and we wouldn't want to lose all these nice things we worked so hard to get.

• Why shouldn't machines use Gregtech Power Generator-gnerated EU and explode? And why should one need a large-scale cable when you just talk about transferring one block? And since when can Macerators take Energy directly from MFEs, without an inbuilt transformer?

You make me imagine something: cable coolers...
    That could be nice to add a sort of cooler like those on your microprocessors, which could raise the voltage cables can transfer...

• Official Post

You make me imagine something: cable coolers...
    That could be nice to add a sort of cooler like those on your microprocessors, which could raise the voltage cables can transfer...

Processors are completely different to cables >.>

• Both heat when power comes.

It would be like a fridge around the cables.