[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

That's sure a flaw in design.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I was letting the world generate and my game crashed.

• I'm seeing some odd visual glitches when I use fastcraft on my client as shown in the attached screenshots. The last one was taken with fastcraft removed to show what the scene should look like.

The mods I have installed are:

• Hey player, could you tell me if you have ever considered looking into and (hopefully) fixing the dimension travel related memory leak as part of fastcraft?
    (And if you have not, mind looking into it? pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top?)

• As requested I'm letting you know that I will be using your Fastcraft mod in my modpack "Post Finem". It will be distributed on the FTB launcher. Thanks for making this possible, and thanks for building what I would defently call the most useful mod ever for MC 1.7.10

• Just letting you know that I'm using your mod Fastcraft in my mod pack "Post Finem" as requested. Thank you for making this possible and thanks for making what I consider to be the most useful mod there is for MC 1.7.10

• Official Post

WJK2002: Update to Forge 1307 or later

icxmy: Hmm interesting, are you sure this is caused by FastCraft? Something is modifying the view matrix without resetting it. It may be just a coincidence.

Entoarox: The dimension leak is not a problem by itself, it's just a symptom of bugs and an entire problem category with arbitrary causes which can't be fixed universally. I'm spending quite some time investigating these issues and reporting them to the mod authors instead of patching them from FastCraft. Atm I don't think there's a specific major dimension related leak, just FMP leaking chunks on chunk un-/reloads. Heap dump analysis is required to find suspects.

• Hey Player,

Skyboy pulled a huge one and this will need your attention...

https://github.com/CoFH/CoFHTweaks

It seems you guys are doing similar optimizations at a certain point that makes these two incompatible.
    It'd be great if you could get in touch with the CofH guys and figure something out!

Dankeschön :)

• Not sure how I feel on this on. Player trying to tweak but hide everything he does just makes me think of the old IC more and more. Time to move on this player and stop being so cryptic lol

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Not sure how I feel on this on. Player trying to tweak but hide everything he does just makes me think of the old IC more and more. Time to move on this player and stop being so cryptic lol

He's usually quick to react to things like this, so he can be as cryptic with his code as he likes... It's his code after all ;)

And it's not like we old MC geezers are not used to it Kane :P

• Team CoFH is bringing out a similiar mod: https://github.com/CoFH/CoFHTweaks , however, using both doesn't seem to work: https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/481 .

Maybe the FastCraft author could collaborate or fork CoFHTweaks and incorporate his/her changes into it? That would be awesome!

Our license does not allow forking.

Not sure what you mean by "pulled a huge one" as no code was copied. Fastcraft is more encrypted than NSA records. It's reasonably common knowledge where some of the inefficiencies in the MC codebase are.

If I had to guess, Fastcraft does things that we don't do (but we have no way of knowing what since it's super-top-uber-secret) and we do some things that Fastcraft does not. At some point, we happen to have a common optimization and they don't work together.

If two Mods attempt to change the same Base Files it will always end up breaking. I don't think combining those Tweaks with Fastcraft on the same MC instance is a good Idea.

And CoFHTweaks just looks like an attempt to bring the content of Fastcraft to Curse.

Actually, it's not an attempt at all. We have no idea what Fastcraft does and have no desire to copy it feature for feature. It's simply some optimizations that we know work and that Fastcraft doesn't seem to provide. However, there are a lot of people who have indeed asked for a Curse-capable optimization mod, yes.

• As per FTB Policy, I am intending on using Fastcraft in a modpack, Industrial Rotation, that I am currently in the process of testing. I will ensure that Fastcraft is kept up to date within at least three weeks of the latest stable release. An announcement has been placed in the modpack description alerting players that Fastcraft is installed, and linking to this thread.

• icxmy: Hmm interesting, are you sure this is caused by FastCraft? Something is modifying the view matrix without resetting it. It may be just a coincidence.

Thanks for responding.

No I am not sure this is a FastCraft issue. However it did go away when I stopped using FastCraft and came back again when FastCraft was installed. I suspect there's a conflict with another mod. My daughter asked for the DoggyStyle mod to be installed a day or so before I noticed this issue. It could be something to do with that as there were dogs roaming around at the time.

I have now moved the dogs from that room and the issue is no longer happening with FastCraft installed.

• And CoFHTweaks just looks like an attempt to bring the content of Fastcraft to Curse.

Whatever that's supposed to mean. Kinda hard to do when no one exactly knows what (or rather how) Fastcraft does in the first place. And the question is, do I rather have an open source mod on Curse or a closed one on a private server?

Anyhoo, I am confident Player will find a way to make them compatible.

Not sure what you mean by "pulled a huge one" as no code was copied. Fastcraft is more encrypted than NSA records. It's reasonably common knowledge where some of the inefficiencies in the MC codebase are.

I meant that in the most positive way as in "he did something great and you should take a look at it!"
    In no way I intended to imply a code theft!

• Official Post

Oh that was not a Quote fail. That was a Link fail that destroyed the whole Post formatting and caused Quotes to autocomplete the /quote at the end of the Post since every Part of the Link is not considered formatting.

And I do have one or two own optimisations in GT, like "Kill every Mob that has more than 2 of its own Class in its Collision Box" to get rid of typical Chicken Farm Lag in a realistic manner, or "remove every OreDict Recipe on Server Start, which has one or more empty Lists inside and can therefore never matches anything" to make crafting a slight bit more efficient. And because I probably add a huge portion of those broken Recipes.

That you know about how well encrypted the NSA Records are, doesnt mean that you tried to hack them I hope. XD

jk, they probably have that somewhere on their public Website together with the "Manual" on how to produce fake Dollar Bills properly.

• As far as the OreDict thing goes, take a look at the newer Forges, 1381+ or so. I added a method where you can prevent things from being auto-registered on a getOres() query. It's a separate function, but you can probably make really good use of it.