Matter Fabricator makes 0.001 bucket of UUM...

• Is that some kind of crazy bug?

Apparently, the Matter Fabricator now outputs 1 milibucket of UU matter per cycle. That's right - 1 MILIBUCKET. So... 1000 cycles per 1 bucket of UUM.

What is this? Am I missing something?

• Everything scaled down. Get something scanned and you will see.

So you mean replication uses much less UUM aswell? Makes sense. After the initial shock I considered something like this, but x000.1 ratio seemed just too crazy to be intended.

Putting a diamond through a scanner right now to see how it scales...

@EDIT:

...and the diamond costs ~35 mb of UUM. Fair enough. Seems actually better than the previous system. Still, gathering enough UUM to place it in a world in order to enjoy Regeneration 2 effect for standing in it is going to be a pain.

• I still say UUM is too damn expensive. I find myself just letting the game run while I'm afk for hours just to make something with UUM. I suppose the amount of energy it takes without any amplifier is ok, but it takes 8 stacks of recycled coblestone to get one stack of scraps and that gets chewed up in seconds and generates only 1 or 2 mb of UUM. I think the recycler should return 1 scrap for every item recycled rather than 1/8 chance. If it's common enough then it might actually be worth using as fertilizer and might make getting enough UUM something that can be done in a reasonable amount of time.

• Official Post

There is a config option to change how much EU 1mb of UU takes to make, lowering that would make the scrap last longer

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• There is a config option to change how much EU 1mb of UU takes to make, lowering that would make the scrap last longer

Any time I think something takes too long, I just remind myself I can make multiple of that machine. Factories for the win!

(Yes, I realize this drastically increases your power consumption)

• I don't think multiple mass fabricators will actually get you UU faster, because the mass fabricator takes as much power as it can get, and makes 1 mB of UU matter per 1 million EU (by default; presumably feeding it scrap or scrap boxes will reduce that, but idk if the wiki is still up to date as to by how much). I tried setting up a huge array of MFSUs connected to one mass fabricator in creative mode once, and the mass fabricator went a lot faster. I also tried briefly installing Mystcraft and the NEI plugin for it, and noticed there was a page for the UU-matter block, so it should theoretically be possible to make a Mystcraft age with oceans of UU-matter, and just pump it out (might be OP even with numerous instabilities generated for the age, though)

• Official Post

It was (and I presume still is) 10 million EU per 1mb of UU, and yes, you can get mystcraft UU ages.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• i got it running on my servers for over a3 months now on single fabricator and 5 cobble generator units - so apart of making some nanosiot armors sets x2 + some iridium and drills and so on i managed to get 24k milibuckets - if you make this fully automated it does not cause any problems :) - see my reactor setup :)

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero