looking for good pipes mod alongside IC2

• Thermal dynamics and extra utilities are the best, although the only experience I've had with TD is when it was part of TE.

• they are good for low-tec stuff. really complex builds are a lot easier with LP/AE/both.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• IC2 has its own fluid distribution system and item sorting... maybe not back when the OP first asked, but these have been around since I started playing.

• but they are somewhat limited in usefulness because you really can't transfer items very far without investing ridiculous amounts of resources.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Official Post

Really new is a deceptive way of putting it. They've been in IC2 for months now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• but they are somewhat limited in usefulness because you really can't transfer items very far without investing ridiculous amounts of resources.

Luckily, vanilla minecraft does provide mechanics to transfer items over long distances: Powered Tracks, Tracks, Hoppers, Droppers, and "Minecart with Hopper"s. This is assuming automation is required, otherwise use the Enderchest.

• Quoted from "blub01"

but they are somewhat limited in usefulness because you really can't transfer items very far without investing ridiculous amounts of resources.

Luckily, vanilla minecraft does provide mechanics to transfer items over long distances: Powered Tracks, Tracks, Hoppers, Droppers, and "Minecart with Hopper"s. This is assuming automation is required, otherwise use the Enderchest.

or use the mod enderstorage, that implements better enderchests with colorcoding which are automatable. As a side note, it has been around longer than vanilla enderchests.

• better enderchests with colorcoding which are automatable

Wow. Sounds overpowered! I could carry just one Silk Touch Pickaxe and one Enderchest which unloads to my item storage in the spawn chunks, and go on a very long journey without suffering from a full inventory!
    Also on SMP other people could put a hopper under my Enderchest while I am away, since it is automatable...

• Wow. Sounds overpowered! I could carry just one Silk Touch Pickaxe and one Enderchest which unloads to my item storage in the spawn chunks, and go on a very long journey without suffering from a full inventory!
    Also on SMP other people could put a hopper under my Enderchest while I am away, since it is automatable...

True that is the case but you can protect the area where you pump items in and out and make them PlayerLocket so you only can access the Frequency of the EnderChest^^"

• Wow. Sounds overpowered! I could carry just one Silk Touch Pickaxe and one Enderchest which unloads to my item storage in the spawn chunks, and go on a very long journey without suffering from a full inventory!

nah, they aren't exactly cheap. They also of course only work when they are chunkloaded. And for carrying things around, there is a ender bag or something like that, essentially an enderchest but you can open it by rightclicking while it is in your hand. there are ender tanks, too, allowing easy movements of fluids.

• Why would any modpack ever have Enderstorage, Railcraft, and IC2 in the same pack? It seems redundant since Enderstorage + Teleporters obsolete Railcraft (which I just started using yesterday). Also, I looked up the Enderstorage mod and apparently there are 256 different channels, plus another 256 per player! Ridiculous! That makes for 512 individual channels in SinglePlayer... and they are inter-dimensional, too! But, since I just installed Railcraft I probably won't be using Enderstorage any time soon. I'm too busy making my rail factory (now that I have a charcoal factory next to the forest). I already have a neat theme in mind where the rails go on IC2 scaffolds.

I installed Railcraft because my jetpigs don't carry items, and vanilla minecarts are tricky/got boring for long-distance item transport.

• I think Railcraft is used a lot more for the boilers but for the transportation, and Railcraft actually adds quite a bit of stuff not related to trains and minecarts and these things, so i don't see a problem with enderstorage+railcraft. Also, interdimensional item transport is very annoying without it(and without thermal expansion).

• no, mocreatures :D

• IC2 adds the best pipes IMO. You should check this mod out for your request.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded