[GT-6-Addon] GTExtras 0.3.3 - More stuff for Gregtech

• The first thing this mod adds is an Modular Armor which can be equipped with different Armorplates. More stuff is in work and will be added soon.

A Spreadsheet of the material values.

-Github- Please Use this for Issues!

This Addon needs GregTech 6 installed to work.
    Many thanks to Pyrolusite for helping me with textures.

Here some stuff i plan to add to this Mod.
    If anyone has ideas what to add, inspire me.

Over the next days i plan to finish the special effects of the armor. (Radiation-, Electric-, Fall-damage reduction, Thorns and Item Magnet features)
    After that i plan to add higher tier electical Armors:
    MKI "Exoskeleton" Iron Rods with servos and wires and metal plates fixed on it.
    MKII "Crysis like nanosuit" So a look close to the IC2 nanosuit.
    MKIII " Warhammer 40k alike PowerArmor" Massive armor with all sorts of stuff build in.

Anyone is allowed to use this Mod in a Modpack, but at this point i do not recommend it. A lot of stuff could possibly break.

• Looks awesome. I have a request what could be added. For example some mods, when you have interface of the machine opened and you will hover over some item, it will show you an information what it will do when put in (for example when you open ExU generator and hover over coal it will tell you how long will it last and how much RF it will produce.

I think it will be a good addition, because when for example when people are recording LPs its better to actually see the "material values" ingame. And with that (i guess you will implement this, or maybe you already did) also hovering over the Modular Armor and holding shift could reveal the properties :)

p.s. Definitely will use it in InfiTech :)

• On the electrolyzer for underwater breathing: you should have one cell of oxygen last something like two minutes and make the electrolyzer have tanks of both oxygen and hydrogen that need to be offloaded when full. Better yet make a tank module for the oxygen (possible explosion hazard?) for underwater breathing with an optional electrolyzer for sustained underwater breathing.

• So could this be a greg-ified version of modular power suits?
    If so sign me up
    Looking forward to this greatly!
    :D

Jep. All Modular Armors i know of end up that adding everything possible is the best. I plan to make this so that you have to carefully decide what to add and what you do not need and sometimes changing the parts depending on situation.

Looks awesome. I have a request what could be added. For example some mods, when you have interface of the machine opened and you will hover over some item, it will show you an information what it will do when put in (for example when you open ExU generator and hover over coal it will tell you how long will it last and how much RF it will produce.

I think it will be a good addition, because when for example when people are recording LPs its better to actually see the "material values" ingame. And with that (i guess you will implement this, or maybe you already did) also hovering over the Modular Armor and holding shift could reveal the properties :)

p.s. Definitely will use it in InfiTech :)

Adding Info to all possible parts will be a bit difficult, but adding into to the Armor tooltip is a certain thing to do.

• Jep. All Modular Armors i know of end up that adding everything possible is the best. I plan to make this so that you have to carefully decide what to add and what you do not need and sometimes changing the parts depending on situation.

I've been loking for an laternative to MPS for a while now (one that is little bit less cheaty
    I fell slightly dirty after using MPS for a while... :P

• Works client-side, but servers shit the bed.

http://pastebin.com/Hf7EqBKB

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Can you make Electrical powered versions unbreakable ? Or maybe only diamond, nether star, iridium reinforced plate, carbon plate, and neutronium can get unbreakable in E form ^^

• Not yet. I plan to make them repairable and once durability is below 50%, there will be a chance that parts get destroyed.

Why not just use the dissasmbler repair method? (assuming you can with how Greg has that set up) that way it's a perfect match for the tool system.

• Another crash, server-side, when opening an armor's GUI:

http://pastebin.com/cRdWUCsP

Hopefully you'll get this mod to it's first useable working state soon! XD

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

Edited once, last by axlegear ().

• I'm currently trying to add as many features as fast as possible and then do one full test of all cases i can think of.
    But still, there are so many possible crashes, i can't think of every combination. A funny crash yesterday was when i tried to counter fall damage with thorns. (Fu** you gravity!)

The crash you posted was fixed by changing a single character, but it only revaled 2 more bugs...