[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Any indications of the general stability of this yet? It'd be awesome if it was at a level where it could be used on a live server!

I've been using it for over a week now. There were a couple minor recipes missing but they've been fixed. No other issues at all for me.

I'm stupidly excited about some of the things he's added and/or tweaked.

Next version:
    - Maintenance can be disabled in MachineStats.cfg.
    - Fixed Machine Control covers.
    - Fixed Crowbar.
    - Added Magic Energy Absorber (4 Tiers)includes Dragon Egg Energy Siphon and can harvest Thaumcraft Energized Nodes. Absorbing of enchantments and usage of Ender Crystal coming soon.

Next update will take a few days. Planned: Tiered Quantum Chest/Tank.

Woo :)

That's stupid railcraft behaviour. The way around: Enable blast furnace
    in railcraft config and disable it's crafting recipe with minetweaker.

Hm. Thanks, I'll check that. Strange thing is that I've took all the configs from InfiTech2 modpack, which doesn't have that iron ignot-> steel behaviour.

• Oddly I could have sworn I heard this exact same issue on the main infitech2 thread after a recent update. I couldn't remember if it was the main infitech thread or the private one for the forthcoming pack.

• I've got a problem with latest version of these.
    When I smelt iron nuggets, I should get Wrought Iron. (Only reference for this is youtube, however). Now, when I smelt little iron bastards, I got steel nuggets instead of Wrought iron.
    What?
    Is this the behaviour I'd expect?

Yeah, this happens in Infitech 2 from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10.
    I've been meaning to update for ages but myself and Pyures mutual acquaintance, MigukNamja was until a few weeks ago running a server that played 2.0.10.
    (he said he didnt want to screw around with cfgs anymore so thats why we were so outdated)

When i asked Jason McRay about the aforementioned issue he said its a recurring problem that he hasn't managed to find a fix for, but is looking for a definitive answer while developing IT:R - it is souly an issue with railcrafts blast furnace being disabled apparently and sometimes you will get wrought iron and sometimes you get steel nuggets.
    Not sure why, sometimes when i delete NEI's saved prefs i can force it to give me wrought nuggets - i suspect it could be forced with a Minetweaker script , but lack the necessary expertise to do so. (or maybe you could hardcode it into GT5?)

I'm scatterbrained, i work well alone and i don't, i always have some grandiose, huge project to build in minecraft that i NEVER finish (to this date i have NEVER finished an entire project on a world)
    I constantly bite off more than i can chew with a new project, change my mind, change the idea ... tear it all down and start again! (the core of the project remains the same) or the pack stops updating!
    Captain Tyriael_Soban - XO, Sanctuary Project.

• Yeah, this happens in Infitech 2 from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10.
    I've been meaning to update for ages but myself and Pyures mutual acquaintance, MigukNamja was until a few weeks ago running a server that played 2.0.10.
    (he said he didnt want to screw around with cfgs anymore so thats why we were so outdated)

When i asked Jason McRay about the aforementioned issue he said its a recurring problem that he hasn't managed to find a fix for, but is looking for a definitive answer while developing IT:R - it is souly an issue with railcrafts blast furnace being disabled apparently and sometimes you will get wrought iron and sometimes you get steel nuggets.
    Not sure why, sometimes when i delete NEI's saved prefs i can force it to give me wrought nuggets - i suspect it could be forced with a Minetweaker script , but lack the necessary expertise to do so. (or maybe you could hardcode it into GT5?)

DreamMasterXXL is playing with minetweaker all day. Maybe he could be able to help you with that recipe.

• his ae2 recipe screws up my AE2, i posted a crash report on their github and they told me, that is nothing with their code, its more like some problem with a recipe that the script removed and nei wants to use this, which is not there

• I can't tell where the balancing issue is, but, somewhere between one of these machines handing off to the other, I am able to turn 1 tiny pile of plutonium or uranium (any kind) into about 80+ ingot.
    One dust pile turns into about 800+ ingots.

Not thats what I call technology!

lol

You may want to look at that.

• Thank you for this awesome port.
    But i have one little request. Can you add to Energy Detector Cover two additional modus: "Normal percentage of battery charge" and "Inverted percentage of battery charge"?
    I hope this request will be interesting for you.

• Official Post

I could remove the unwanted recipe with GT, but changing recipes of other mods is just asking for drama...

Not really, you're justified if it is breaking a recipe. The only reason Railcraft adds it is so you can still make steel without the blast furnace, and with GT you have other ways of making steel that make it unneeded.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thank you for this awesome port.
    But i have one little request. Can you add to Energy Detector Cover two additional modus: "Normal percentage of battery charge" and "Inverted percentage of battery charge"?
    I hope this request will be interesting for you.

This would be for detecting energy in a battery buffer?

If so I second this idea.

• I tried it out and had no issue. Something else beween these machines? A transfer error? covers attached? Other mods that might intercept?

Nice port you got there, impressive work. Short question - it WILL be incompatible with gt 6.0?

Sadly no. If i find a reasonable way to port ores and basic materials i will do it, but so far no luck.

Not really, you're justified if it is breaking a recipe. The only reason Railcraft adds it is so you can still make steel without the blast furnace, and with GT you have other ways of making steel that make it unneeded.

Well, i can allways add a default off config option for that.

This would be for detecting energy in a battery buffer?

If so I second this idea.

Thats something i also missed quite a few times, but it is not that easy, so for not it's a maybe.

• Official Post

Well, i can allways add a default off config option for that.

That works too

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.