[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I ran into that issue with Railcraft a few months back, when I was using GT 5.07.07, and I was told that GregTech tries to modify the recipes for them, but since their internal names had been changed, the recipe modifications failed. I thought that Blood Asp had fixed that, though I hadn't tested it (I'm not using Railcraft atm), and for all I know Railcraft could have changed the names again. Do any of these other Railcraft items show crafting recipes for you with GT5u installed: the steam oven, the engraving bench, the rock crusher, the feed station, steel tank valves/gauges (not counting the painting recipes), the void chest, or the metals chest?

MauveCloud, the following recipes are all missing in NEI for me.
    steam oven
    engraving bench
    rock crusher
    feed station
    trade station
    smoker
    solid fueled boiler firebox
    liquid fueled boiler firebox
    void chest
    metals chest
    recharging firestone

Should I try a different version of Railcraft ? i Currently have Railcraft_1.7.10-9.4.0.0.jar (FTB Resurrection pack).

Thx, CmdrRimmer.

• There's a good chance a newer version of Railcraft will help. According to the Railcraft wiki, the latest version is 9.6.1.0, but I just tried version 9.5.0.7 with GT 5.08.18, and several of the Railcraft items that had no recipes with GT 5.07.07 showed recipes this time.

• I'm trying to harvest oil from a geyser in the ocean. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the placement but it doesn't seem to work quite right. I placed the pump directly above the top of the geyser and next to the geyser, in each case it deploys a single mining pipe. pumps a single bucket of oil into the pump's tank, and then stops. Debug scanner says it's got full EU so it doesn't seem to be a power problem. It works fine with plain water so maybe the oil is the problem. I could use a buildcraft pump I guess, but I try to do everything with gregtech when possible.

• I was a bit bored at work, so calculated the cost to produce one neutronium ingot with the fusion reactor assuming no naquadah ore found:
    16 Chrome
    1344 Thorium
    1280 Plutonium
    7h36min fusion runtime
    44,225,599,488EU

Wait, it's really possible to make neutronium without naquadah ore? Just now I tracked down the NEI recipes for getting lutetium (in tiny piles) from depleted thorium cells to make the americium, but I haven't seen a way to get Naquadria without starting from either naquadria ore or enriched naquadah ore.

Edit: found one way to get naquadria from those ingredients, but centrifuging naquadah dust only gives a 10% chance of a tiny pile of naquadria dust, so how can you come up with such an exact cost list?

I'm trying to harvest oil from a geyser in the ocean. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the placement but it doesn't seem to work quite right. I placed the pump directly above the top of the geyser and next to the geyser, in each case it deploys a single mining pipe. pumps a single bucket of oil into the pump's tank, and then stops. Debug scanner says it's got full EU so it doesn't seem to be a power problem. It works fine with plain water so maybe the oil is the problem. I could use a buildcraft pump I guess, but I try to do everything with gregtech when possible.

The problem could be with the geyser shape instead. iirc, BuildCraft doesn't generate geysers of water, but if you can find a lake of oil rather than an ocean geyser, you could check how the GT pump handles that.

• I was a bit bored at work, so calculated the cost to produce one neutronium ingot with the fusion reactor assuming no naquadah ore found:
    16 Chrome
    1344 Thorium
    1280 Plutonium
    7h36min fusion runtime
    44,225,599,488EU

1280 Plutonium would require 6 * 9 * 400 * 1280 = 27648000 (or ~422 full chunks) red granite.

• found one way to get naquadria from those ingredients, but centrifuging naquadah dust only gives a 10% chance of a tiny pile of naquadria dust, so how can you come up with such an exact cost list?

With such huge numbers the chance should be quite exact. I expect my numbers to be only off by a few ingots.

Wait, why are you getting your plutonium from red granite instead of from plutonium ore or depleted uranium rods?

I would likely massfab the Pu. But from ore or IC2 reactor should also be better than red granite.

And before anyone says it is too expensive: Neutronium is the absolute endgame material. For that it is likely even too cheap. Just missing some steps in beween to show that.

The problem could be with the geyser shape instead. iirc, BuildCraft doesn't generate geysers of water, but if you can find a lake of oil rather than an ocean geyser, you could check how the GT pump handles that.

Ok I tried that, same problem. After taking in 1000 L, the pump stops even with oil right next to the mining pipe tip.

• Is possible to get better Energy-o-mat which will be able to pass 128, 512, 2048eu/tick with some upgrades in it?

Energy-o-mat which is available in IC2 can pass only 32eu/tick

• GT is allready as optimized and multithreaded as possible. It is just so much bigger than other mods. In one of the first versions i broke by accident a single optimization and the loding time of GT alone went from 1min to 25min.
    And please, please work on your english. I'm still not sure if i really understand what you want.