[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Also I noticed that the issue with the ores looking like stone until block updates is still present in this version as well.

Saw some freshly generated ores without the issue so maybe it's leftovers from 21? Idk.

I hadn't tried build 22 until today, but I saw small ores in the Nether that looked like overworld stone, even though I hadn't been into the Nether with build 21, so I find the "leftovers" explanation doubtful. Back to build 20 for me.

Edit: I'm also having a little trouble with the High Pressure Lava Boiler (in build 20), but I'm not sure whether it's a bug or something I did wrong: I used an IC2 fluid/solid canning machine with fluid ejector upgrade to empty some lava buckets into some large bronze fluid pipes leading to the boiler, and it seemed to work initially (the front of the boiler changed texture to indicate it was running), but now even though the output tank of the canning machine has 1259 mB of lava in it, which indicates that the pipes are full, the boiler isn't heating at all.

Edit #2: I figured out the lava boiler problem - I had forgotten that the boiler itself could output steam into the pipes. Now I put in a shutter module to prevent that, and it's heating up fine.

• Could you please add a config option to enable producing scrap from cobble, stone, stone dust and sand in the GT5 recycler?

• Keridos

The modding guide is meant for GT6. Only a small section is planned on how to setup this GT5 version.
    If you want to add GT support to your own mod, best use the API and Dev version of GT5.07.07. I did no breaking changes from it. You need to import the interface IEnergyConnected to make your blocks compatible with GT EU.

IC2 EU and GT EU convert 1:1. IC2 uses double, GT uses long and adds Ampere for multible transfers per tick.

Do I really need to implement the 40 or more methods that adding this interface apparently need?

• I have a small but cool idea for all required maintenance machines, especially turbines :

-The robotic maintenance arm : Capable of repairing and taking care of a machine if placed next to the maintenance hatch ( made mainly for turbines ) :

MKI : It will at the cost of only EU ( but for a lot of it ) : repair stuff, remove "this thingie that shouldn't be there in the first place" xD, and, will at the cost of a sh1ton of eu, and replace the dead turbine by a fresh new one ( so at least we will have an automated legit way to do that :D ).

MKII : Everything like before, but it will also try to regulate the turbine turning speed and angle, so you get less damage over time. It will do that passively.

MKIII : Everything like before, and will also repair any turbine present at the cost of eu and liquid uu matter.

• Is a single layer of concrete supposed to allow a horse to travel over it at 100+ m/s? I used 8 stacks of concrete to make a 170-meter long 3-meter wide level path. Walking took 31 seconds, and sprinting took 24 seconds, both about 27% faster than doing the same on normal ground (measured using the timer from Batty's Coordinates Plus). Riding my horse, which can go 9.9 m/s over normal ground, overshot the end of the concrete in 2 seconds or less.

• What are these worldgen loops people keep talking about? Is it just server load or is it something you can notice just by looking at the world?

algorithms, cycles, methods of solving the problems has led to what we have(receive). This is a joint problem, it is not built in one solution. Algorithms forced perform series of operations that lead to lengthy analysis and realization in world-chunks.
    -----
    #reasoning(It is not addressed to a specific person)
    What if you do not do series of operations at each re-start? Just save the changed data such as OreDictionary, Dictionary dust, stones Dictionary, Dictionary of other objects. If the configuration file and modpack remains unchanged why each time to cause the addition of dust, ores, ingots, nuggets, objects, blocks, and everything else? Why perform the same thing every time you start?

• Guys what about my idea ;(

Also, ever tried concrete with ice under it..... hint = Maglev...

• algorithms, cycles, methods of solving the problems has led to what we have(receive). This is a joint problem, it is not built in one solution. Algorithms forced perform series of operations that lead to lengthy analysis and realization in world-chunks.
    -----
    #reasoning(It is not addressed to a specific person)
    What if you do not do series of operations at each re-start? Just save the changed data such as OreDictionary, Dictionary dust, stones Dictionary, Dictionary of other objects. If the configuration file and modpack remains unchanged why each time to cause the addition of dust, ores, ingots, nuggets, objects, blocks, and everything else? Why perform the same thing every time you start?

This is not even remotely possible. And I said that too back then.

So yeah.

• So yeah.

it is possible, but it will take a kick in the direction of the forge. Either mod should take control of the game than in part by the way Greg does.
    It is easier to hide behind a complex implementation, EULA, DCMA than do the general compatibility and smooth operation. Lex says that this is the mixing into the case mods, but let the gash separate project that is compatible with all of this. Despite the fact that Lex says that modAPI not affect the game, but it is not even though he thinks. Greg as other modders write code for modAPI. Generally speaking there any a forge should have no loader builder when you start a mod layer on it.
    And all this takes a lot of time possible, since it will be necessary to do a lot of work. And now throw stones in the garden together.

So, yes, fun!

• It is intended that no automation works there. Also checking your machines once every few days should not be too difficult. I even added covers that can show you were maintainance is needed. Some turbines can run for weeks without breaking.

• But that's the purpose of the robotic arm, it automates everything for you ( lazy ), but will require a lot of EU ( even when inactive ) + forgot one thing, if you don't feed them EU constantly, they will deactivate, and will take 5 minutes to reactivate when resupplied with EU ;D

• I'm interested to see what happens when I progress to stages where turbines make sense to make since I play on a server where chunks can be loaded. Either some clever way to replace rotors will need to be worked out, redstone will be used to shut down any loads to match production, or the turbines will be skipped altogether.

• it is possible, but it will take a kick in the direction of the forge. Either mod should take control of the game than in part by the way Greg does

No it is not possible without rewriting all of MC.
    I guess you want to safe all recipe lists and reload them instead of recalculation?
    That will not work. These recipe link to item objects that change every restart.
    So why not saving all the Items too?
    That will break all other mods.
    So the only way i can think of is saving and reloading the whole MC instance. Is that possible in Java? I do not know.

But that's the purpose of the robotic arm, it automates everything for you ( lazy ), but will require a lot of EU ( even when inactive ) + forgot one thing, if you don't feed them EU constantly, they will deactivate, and will take 5 minutes to reactivate when resupplied with EU ;D

As i said, no machines for that is intended, so there is at last something left to take care of.

• Does that mean concrete affects minecart speeds as well? I haven't tried that.

Since nobody answered my question about making the concrete safe for horses, I guess I'll strip out the concrete for now.

I don't know about Minecarts... but with an Icecrete (Concrete with Packed Ice below it) roadway, YOU WILL NOT NEED MINECARTS (or horses) TO GET AROUND.
    And if you're doing it on a server, you may need to re-log periodically to let chunkloading catch up with you.

• I've got some paths set up for horses already, with slopes for horses, so I'm not sure it's worth the effort to put in concrete with ice or more concrete below. Also, I found that I like being able to put slabs slightly below the water line for my causeways. :D

Something else I came across recently, though: an IC2 fluid/solid canning machine consumes the cells when emptying non-universal lava cells into its output tank, but a GT fluid canning machine returns them. According to http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=656, "empty cells" are supposed to be single-use, as opposed to the universal fluid cells, which are supposed to be reusable.