[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I am trying to build a small, starter pack for TFC and GT5U and the only real issue i'm running into is the bricks needed to make boilers and stuff, there is no way to make regular bricks in TFC, can you add to the recipe the fire bricks from TFC or do I just need to add minetweeker, I'm trying to keep it as small and easy to setup of a pack as possible. there is still the issue with netherwart and seeds for IC2 crops but I'll save that for another day.
    thanks for any help

• well its mainly that I don't know mintweeker so I don't know If I can just tell it to use fire bricks for recipes needing minecraft bricks. so manly the boilers and a few bronze age machines if I'm remembering correctly, we also will need a look for TFC to change the attack damage on GT weapons like swords and arrows

• Hey all. Just a Quick Question about the Rf to Eu Config

100RFtoEU_20

Do i understand this Correctly, in that 1 rf yields 0.2 Eu?

Cuz that seems Off somehow. I tested this on an EBF with a TE Energy Cell + MV Transformer + MV Battery Buffer and it used around Double the Amount of Rf that it should have for the given Recipe.

I think it was the Aluminium Recipe which uses 202000 Eu if i recall correctly, so that should have used around 1010000 Rf but it used a bit more than 2 Million.(all Gt Blocks and Batterys connected where fully charged when tested.)

I know there is Loss between GT Blocks, but the Numbers dont seem to add up. I could test this again and give you specific Numbers, if you want.

Am i wrong in my Numbers or is there something off? might be im just stupid, cause today is freaking hot and my Brain is really fucking slow

• There is still a lot of internal losses. Cable loss, Internal Block loss and batterys charging/decharging also has loss. On MV 4EU loss every 128 Transferred. If you have also quite a bunch of cables in there too, 50% additional loss is quite possible.

So, considering recycler talk in GT thread. Blood, why not change recycler work with whitelist instead of blacklist?

It's on my list, but at last 1-2 months in the future if i ever do it.

well its mainly that I don't know mintweeker so I don't know If I can just tell it to use fire bricks for recipes needing minecraft bricks. so manly the boilers and a few bronze age machines if I'm remembering correctly, we also will need a look for TFC to change the attack damage on GT weapons like swords and arrows

If you make a modpack, knowing how to use MineTweaker is a must sooner or later. ;)

For the attack damage, i will take a look at it once i have the time for that.

• There is still a lot of internal losses. Cable loss, Internal Block loss and batterys charging/decharging also has loss. On MV 4EU loss every 128 Transferred. If you have also quite a bunch of cables in there too, 50% additional loss is quite possible.

But i didnt Use any Cables in My Test. Just an Energy Cell adjacent to a Transformer adjacent to a Battery Buffer Connected to the Ebf and it still used more than Double it should have.So Loss on Battery charging in Pairing with Rf->Eu Transformation then i guess. Not that RF Energy Generation is Hard nowadays :D. Might not even Use it. Just wanted to Clarify :)

• Quoted from "Ultimoos"
    So, considering recycler talk in GT thread. Blood, why not change recycler work with whitelist instead of blacklist?

It's on my list, but at last 1-2 months in the future if i ever do it.

I think it's actually already supported by IC2:

Quote from IC2.ini

I'ts just a matter of deciding what to put in the whitelist.

• But i didnt Use any Cables in My Test. Just an Energy Cell adjacent to a Transformer adjacent to a Battery Buffer Connected to the Ebf and it still used more than Double it should have.So Loss on Battery charging in Pairing with Rf->Eu Transformation then i guess. Not that RF Energy Generation is Hard nowadays :D. Might not even Use it. Just wanted to Clarify :)

So i tested this again and set the Config to 50 for testing purposes I:100RFtoEU_20=50

Same Setup. The Aluminium Dust Recipe for the EBF shows 204000 Eu at 120 Eu/t which should be 408000 Rf at ~240 Rf/T +- Blockloss but the Transformer draws a flat 400 eu/t from the Cell and a total of 678400 RF. Not Double the Amount it should have but ~50% with the changed config now.

Heres the Setup
    http://imgur.com/US5xDaB

I dont know...it feels off

• Allways possible i mixed up some calculation.

https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…tity_Transformer.java#L92

Here you can see what actually happens.

Cant read Code while Melting :D

I Think i found the Problem tho. The Gt Net seems to take the right amount. If you let the EnergyCell set to 800 rt/t Maximun Output it seems to Dump 400/rf in the Transformer, which it doesnt need, but if you Limit the output to 240 rf/t which is the amount it needs for Running the 120 eu/t Recipe (again 2:1 Ratio Config) it works Just fine and you get roughly the correct Total Rf Transfer of 400000 Rf + Loss that you would expect.

So Thermal Expansions Fault? Gt Transformer says "Give me the Powers" and Energy Cell says "Here take all of it" ?

Dont know much about how the different Energy Networks work and my current Coding knowledge is mediocre at best..so im just guessing here :P

tl;dr : Limit the EnergyCell output to what the GT Machine actually Needs

• I'm looking into minetweeker for the boiler recipes, but I did find one other issue, there is no way to get nether wart or regular MC seeds to make IC2 crops. I am trying to make this pack small, a starter pack so others can add on to it, or play with it as is. Is there a good way to get seeds that can be added to like the sifter maybe? for pumpkin seeds i just minetweeked the pumpkin recipe back in.

• Official Post

I have a suggestion and it shouldnt be hard to do, port the blast resistant blocks of GT4. Those were good for reactor lovers that wanted a blast proof room.

Since GT4 blast proof blocks only used tungsten and iridium, my suggestion is to add different levels of blast proofyness, using different materials.

Bronze Plated Reinforced Stone: 2x the blast resistance of reinforced stone
    Steel Plated Reinforced Stone : 3x the blast resistance of reinforced stone.
    Titanium Plated Reinforced Stone : 5x the blast resistance of reinforced stone.
    Tungstensteel Plated Reinforced Stone: 8x the blast resistance of reinforced stone.
    Naquadah Plated Reinforced Stone: 16x the blast resistance of reinforced stone.
    Neutronium Plated Reinforced Stone: Can't be blown away at all. Bedrock-like resistance.

• Oh kk ^^

I made a block named Alchemical reinforced Concrete in my modpack which is basically reinforced concrete ( reinforced stone with a new recipe and name ), Alchemical reinforced plate ( an upgrade to the iridium plate, using alchemical matter made from dark matter and red matter ) and Advanced plating block ( crafted with diamonds, carbon nanotubes plates or simply carbon plate if you prefer, and lumium, it's a block for crafting various utilities ), and in the end it's almost bedrock blast resistant, glows and have a cool hexagonal patterns :3

Additionnaly, the glow stays even when warded :D

• bear989, I was once trying to make a TFC + GT pack starting from TerraFirmaPunk with GT5. Here are what I have of my configs and MT scripts, if you want them. Most of the work I did was on the other mods however and I was having trouble changing the

recipes to make GT machines.

thanks man I'll check it out. I have a friend looking into the MTing for me. I think he has the bricks issue figured out, and seeds from dirt in a sifter, for IC2 crops, anyone have any other idea's for getting seeds?