[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Official Post

I'm for blocks (or ores if possible) below them, but I might recommend you making the crops have a decent root length, so the block can be detected either below the usual 3 blocks of dirt we put for nutrient or on the last one.

• Jep, you will have a lot of fun with that one. :D And with quite a few other new crops.

And a question @all:

Should GT Crops need stuff like blocks below them? Like Diareed needs a Diamond Block below the farmland? Only the ones that have some block that fits and also only the crops producing expensive stuff...

That would be more fitting into the tiered technology system than simple dirt for all. I like it.

• Maybe that could be fun, having crop plants draining ores and outputing pure elements powders/nuggets.
    Could make for a bio/agriculture powered non-destructive mining, with the bonus that plants does the separation work of more complex industrial processing (electrolysing, centrifugation, blasting).
    Ores behind would be consumed in the process. Output quantities would be with same bonuses as advanced refining (washing, thermal centrifuge, centrifuge, electrolysis) though much slower.
    Ore blocks would be replaced by their stone/container material in the process.

• If it's slower and still consumes the ores, why would players want to use that instead of the machines? Also, for many ores, the amounts of different elements obtained depends heavily on which mutually-exclusive path of machine processing it takes (e.g. a crushed ore put in an ore washing plant can't then be put through a chemical bath or vice-versa), so how would you determine the outputs for the crop?

• If it's slower and still consumes the ores, why would players want to use that instead of the machines?

Because it require low tech, work on solar nergy, needs no or low infrastructure. May help access advanced materials early. Does the job of mining and processing. In a clean non landscape destructive, while it would not expose to abuse (slow process and player investing in proper crop breeding).

Also, for many ores, the amounts of different elements obtained depends heavily on which mutually-exclusive path of machine processing it takes (e.g. a crushed ore put in an ore washing plant can't then be put through a chemical bath or vice-versa), so how would you determine the outputs for the crop?

Let it pick ore by-products from NEI and balance on an average from the different processing recipes. Or have tiered miner blooms with specialized processing ike:
    Tier 0 miner bloom: smelt ores
    Tier 1 minecerator bloom: macerate ores.
    Tier 2 crushiner bloom: crush + crush ores.
    Tier 3 therminer bloom: crush + thermal centrifuge
    Tier 4 washiner bloom: crush + ore wash + thermal centrifuge

• Interesting idea, but I'm not so sure it would end up being as "non-destructive" as you think - players would still have to find the ores, and mining an ore with a pickaxe of the correct level is a guaranteed drop, whereas crops, even when fully grown, sometimes don't drop seeds. And even if you want to set up the crop directly above the ore (which could easily be sub-optimal if you found the ore below a desert area), it still requires space for the cropsticks, tilling dirt to farmland, and placing water nearby (so the farmland won't revert to plain dirt).

• Me again....
    Sorry to go off topic but this fusion reactor just doesnt work. I just made one in Gregtech 4.08 and it works fine. I made it the same way in your unofficial version and no go. Materials are not the same, for example injectors and extractors. Can anyone just tell me if its possible to even get it to work? I don't need to know how just if anyone has done it on this version.

• Me again....
    Sorry to go off topic but this fusion reactor just doesnt work. I just made one in Gregtech 4.08 and it works fine. I made it the same way in your unofficial version and no go. Materials are not the same, for example injectors and extractors. Can anyone just tell me if its possible to even get it to work? I don't need to know how just if anyone has done it on this version.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Fusio…r_(GregTech_5_Unofficial)

• Me again....

It works perfectly.
    Replase the fusion coils with superconducting coils, the fusion casings with Luv Casings. Instead of injetor and extractor use input and output hatches. Energy Injectors are replaced with energy hatches. All hatches have to be Luv. I think that one input hatch has to be at the top layer, the other at the bottom layer. Then place the controller and it will work.
    And there is a wiki for GT5u

• Maybe that could be fun, having crop plants draining ores and outputing pure elements powders/nuggets.
    Could make for a bio/agriculture powered non-destructive mining, with the bonus that plants does the separation work of more complex industrial processing (electrolysing, centrifugation, blasting).
    Ores behind would be consumed in the process. Output quantities would be with same bonuses as advanced refining (washing, thermal centrifuge, centrifuge, electrolysis) though much slower.
    Ore blocks would be replaced by their stone/container material in the process.

drugtech: the quest to building more mind blowing machines that transport you to another dimension where people are colors you can't imagine

• Craft dust shards(Thaumcraft) shards back already? Ore shards previously crush useless, they were going to scrap, as they could not be used anywhere else. MinecraftSkeleton

Learn research shard recrystallization
    It is in:
    Alchemy
    Magic Tallow → Alchemical Duplication → Alchemical Manufacture → Shard Recrystalization
    "Sometimes when processing your Crystal Shards they become a pile of Dust instead of the mostly required Shard.
    You have finally found a way to reverse this Process by using Vitreus Essentia for recrystallising the Shards."

• The Distillation Tower is unuasble because whenever it restarts the outputs are scrambled, making it impossible to automate. I reattached every pipe after noticing it outputted different than in singleplayer test, but after i started it again i again had fluids where they didnt belong...

• Here: https://imgur.com/dpv4oOe

I replaced some of the outputs when i reatached the tubes, they were kept on the same level but on other spots.

Edit: After futher testing i can say that the output stays the same after a restart, they are changing if you place the output hatches on other spots on the same level. Shouldnt the output be determined only by the level of the hatch?

• According to the wiki, it requires "one Output Hatch per height(6)."

I'm actually a bit surprised the multiblock even formed with multiple output hatches on the same height. Now I'm curious if there's any way I can leverage that to my advantage. Gotta think on that one.

• I dont have mutliple output hatches on one height. I have one on every height, but i changed their position on this height and that changed the output of every height.

• I just found this GT5 port and oh my god Bloody Asp I definitely love you. I'd like to ask you only a favor: can you put the required IC2 and Forge versions somewhere visible, like the thread title or its first page? Sadly, having discovered this thread right now I haven't followed it since the first day but from the few posts I read I guess we should use Forge 10.13.4.1448.