[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Official Post

So if anyone remembers the old Icecrete Roadway and how fast you can go on them, I just figured out how to go faster.

Lay down an Icecrete Roadway, then put on Quantumsuit Leggings, and Boots of the Comet.

I don't know exactly how fast you get going, but my rough test demonstrated speeds exceeding 100 blocks per second.

The icecrete roadway doesnt seem to have a speed limit since it accelerates endlessly, the difference is how fast you do (and how fast your computer can handle chunk loading).

If you want Instant acceleration, I recommend IHL fans overclocked to a decent bit. It will consume obnoxious amounts of EU though.

• Bloody, according to changelog oil is there only in a "sand" form. Do you have any plans to add liquid oil?

• Proposed crafting recipe for Charcoal pit controller:

Code
    B I B
    I F I
    B I B

where:
    B - brick block
    I - iron plate
    F - furnace
    The texture can be made of several layers.
    Top is the top grass texture (but a bit darker).
    Bottom is the bottom brick texture (but a bit darker).
    Top/bottom 3 pixels on sides resemble grass/brick textures correspondently, but are darker too.
    The rest is copied from IC2 Iron Furnace.
    Also, the animation can only be limited to the controller block.
    ----
    To say I'm waiting for a stable 5.09 is to say nothing... You've got a really yummy changelog there. Great job Bloody :)

• Oh man, 5.09 got me all hyped!

Bloody, I think once you mentioned the disassembler being practically useless (my words), because it required an absurd amount of energy to disassemble an electric tool. There are any plans to change this?

Edit:
    Disassembler:
    Lowered runtime for higher tiers.

Ops, just read it.
    Thanks for that!

• Bloody, what do you think about meteoric steel/iron? It's good for early game tools, but currently there is no way to obtain it, though in past it was one of the first metals, that was found and used by man.
    Would you be able to add it in world and perhaps add some use of it in tech? Small problem is, AE2 meteors require 3-tier pickaxe (which is not really close to early game) and they should be a perfect thing to obtain it.

• Massfabricator:
    8xEU per UUM (still less than IC2 EU costs)
    max 10 Amp input
    higher tiers no longer less efficient

The "Higher tiers no longer less efficient" thing, is only for the Massfabricator?
    Other machines will continue being less efficient?

• The "Higher tiers no longer less efficient" thing, is only for the Massfabricator?
    Other machines will continue being less efficient?

Yes, that's likely it, according it's writter in Mass Fabricator tab.

I also suggested next idea for generators - make possible to low output of generators to acquire power efficiency. For that I came up with three possibilities.
    First way: MV steam turbine with basic efficiency of 75% is able to output 32 eu/t with the same efficiency as LV one, but with 4 Amps (so in fact it's 4 LV steam turbines, just more compact and requires different material to craft - cheaper in some sense). This is sort of how Greg would've done it. A "fair" way.
    Second way: MV steam turbine with basic efficiency of 75% will go up 95% if it's output mode is set to LV.
    Third way (almost simmilar to second one): All steam turbines have by default the same efficiency of let's say 85%, but
    for example, if you set MV steam turbine to output LV voltage, it's efficiency will growo up to 95%.
    Numbers are obviously not precise there. I should mention, that 1-block turbines should never be more efficient than large ones.

• Yes, that's likely it, according it's writter in Mass Fabricator tab.

Well, I kinda knew, I was hoping he would consider making all machines more efficient :D .
    But, must be a good reason (balance maybe?) to not do it...

• [shameless_advertising]

For those who used to play with my resource pack when GT5 was still in development by Greg himself, I updated it with GT5U/GT5E support and reworked a lot of stuff along the way. You can find it here, as always : [16x][WIP] Minimalist Technology v0.7 (GT6/GT5E)

[/shameless_advertising]

Those should be <shameless_advertising> </shameless_advertising> tags, not link brackets.

• Official Post

Those should be tags, not link brackets.

The forum uses brackets for it's post syntax though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Bloody, what do you think about meteoric steel/iron? It's good for early game tools, but currently there is no way to obtain it, though in past it was one of the first metals, that was found and used by man.
    Would you be able to add it in world and perhaps add some use of it in tech? Small problem is, AE2 meteors require 3-tier pickaxe (which is not really close to early game) and they should be a perfect thing to obtain it.

Meteoric Iron/Steel is reserved by GalactiCraft. Also the realistic amounf of meteors that make it to earth... 10h searching for enough materials to craft a pickaxe?
    Just imagine the small ores to be meteor left behinds. :P

Jep, no efficiency loss on highter tiers is only for mass fabs. Before, higher tiers were useless there. For other machines it at last makes sense to use higher tiers. Sometimes trough higher tier recipes, sometimes to have a lower amount of machines, when the energy const is only a small part of the whole. So there it allways depents on the user to use higher or lower tier machines.

To rise the efficiency later on, i plan to add research later. But that is months in the future.

• TYPO: "Electric Problems" achievement flavor text: "Loose a Machine due to Overvoltage" should read "Lose a machine due to overvoltage".

One o' them pet-peeves of mine.

Also:
    "Batterys" should be "Batteries".

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Bug: The achivement for washed ores doesn't seem to work. I got piles of washed ore and nadda.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• So, the wiki says that the magic energy converter accepts fire essentia, but I can't make the thing works.Tried Jar, phial, crystallized... (creative mode)
    It really works? How?