[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I thought that that was for servers with IC² machines enabled. I used to play earlier versions of GT when he disabled all IC², so I didn't even tried this time. But thanks again, I'll try when I get home.

Man, if I can't trust on NEI, who else I can trust? :S

I just trust Choco

• Official Post

^^

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I rised the output of steam per coal. So one coal burn longer. The output per tick is still the same.

No, one coal still burns during 1 second) That's not a mistake

The turbines only should have changed efficiencys as visible in the tooltips. Maybe some of the math broke and results in this behavior.

I measured it experimentally with quantum tank. I counted amount of steam per 1 minute. Results are next: basic steam turbine - 238 mB/tic, advanced steam turbine - 1042 mB/tic, turbo steam turbine - 1924 mB/tic. Using formula steam flow = energy output*2/efficiency it must be next: basic 32*2/0,85= 75 mB/tic, advanced 128*2/0,75=341 mB/tic, turbo 512*2/0,66= 1551 mB/tic. So, you really broke something, because in 5.08.26 steam flow was in accordance with formula.

For charcoal: First in Steam age: Charcoal Pile. Can not be automated. Stack a hill of logs on top of a layer of bricks, but dirt on top and on the sides. Place the Igniter block on top and rightclick it. After about 5-10min, depending on the size, the logs turn into brittle charcoal blocks that can be crafted into charcoal items.

So, it's something like realized in Terrafirmacraft? Are the sizes of such structure important? May be you can draw this?
    And what about large turbine? I tested large rotors from different materials but with the same optimal steam flow (24000), which corresponds to one steal boiler. These are: black bronze (95%),cobalt brass(120%), dark steel (130%), cobalt(130%), tungstensteel (140%). Their energy output are next: 420, 530, 570, 570, 625 eu/tic. So, it really rises with efficiency increasing. But using old formula output=steam flow*efficiency/2 it must be next: 570, 720, 780,780, 840 eu/tic. That means, old formula does not work. Why?

Sorry for my annoying, but I think that you have become accustomed =)

• large heat exchanger...

what's Im doing wrong ?
    ---[solved]----

buttom center = other side of top center... :D
    lost in translation...

Edited once, last by foxz: Solved ().

• So I believe this has been addressed somewhere sometime but I can't really find it - the EBF oxygen issue. Just the same old rhetoric about GT oxygen produced by electrolysers and the like being the purple-black tile texture and is not accepted by the EBF's input hatch. Probably the only other mods I have that use oxygen are GC and Mekanism. Is there somehow a fix for this?

Oh by the way, is there any way at all to auto-fill cauldrons without Thaumcraft and its golems and Thermal Expansion and its Autonomous Activator? I'd like to set up an auto dust-washing station.

• So I believe this has been addressed somewhere sometime but I can't really find it - the EBF oxygen issue. Just the same old rhetoric about GT oxygen produced by electrolysers and the like being the purple-black tile texture and is not accepted by the EBF's input hatch. Probably the only other mods I have that use oxygen are GC and Mekanism. Is there somehow a fix for this?

Oh by the way, is there any way at all to auto-fill cauldrons without Thaumcraft and its golems and Thermal Expansion and its Autonomous Activator? I'd like to set up an auto dust-washing station.

I figured out a solution to this few pages back in the case of adding galacticraft to a world after it had been generated.

[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Finally a real endgame! Now new: Achievements!

• Is there a way to use the "needs maintainance cover" with machines that have their controller in the middle layer, e.g. turbines? It would be even better if i could attach 2 covers with different settings per turbine, one for me to notice if there is a problem, another one to activate a bypass to lower efficency single block turbines when severasl things broke...

• (galactigreg 0.5, GT 5.08.27)

After searching around 100 end asteroids almost all of them spawn with platinum (weight=5) mix veins. There are a few manganese (weight=20) and beryllium (weight=30) mixes but no naquadah (weight=10), olivine (weight=60), tin (weight=50), nickel (weight=40), molybdenum (weight=5), lapis (weight=40) or tungstate (weight=10)

Stranger still I saw a small section of a quartz vein in a tiny asteroid where quartz veins shouldn't even be spawning in the end at all.

Any ideas?

http://pastebin.com/RWUkhzvC

• Willis may I inquire as to what the "desired environment" refers to haha

If you added mods after the world is generated make a fresh world with all of the mods you want. My issue was caused by adding galacticraft after the world was made so making a world with GC installed from the beginning caused forge to make the fluid list correctly.

• Alright I'll give that a shot. I'll take note however that I installed both GC and Mekanism before I generated the world.

Hmm then this might not work in your case. I've never used mekanism so idk what sort of incompatibilities there may be with GT, GC, and mekanism. The issue does lie in the forge fluid list. You could try generating worlds with and without GT or GC or mekanism and see if subbing those fluid lists in fixes the issue. Idk these are just shots in the dark.

• нет куда писать напишу здесь, в Центрифуге не принимает водорода для обработки, Из за этого встал весь процесс постройки реактора :( И нет крафта отожженная медь

• нет куда писать напишу здесь, в Центрифуге не принимает водорода для обработки, Из за этого встал весь процесс постройки реактора :( И нет крафта отожженная медь

A very clever russian gregtech user.
    I'll translate it only to help Bloody.
    Centrifuge doesn't accept hydrogen for processing and because of that he can't proceed building reactor (fusion, I guess). Also no craft for annealed copper.

• Is there a way to use the "needs maintainance cover" with machines that have their controller in the middle layer, e.g. turbines? It would be even better if i could attach 2 covers with different settings per turbine, one for me to notice if there is a problem, another one to activate a bypass to lower efficency single block turbines when severasl things broke...

^This.
    The controller cover is amazing, but not every multiblock can use it.
    I wish we could have a "Comms data block", like the input/output bus, that could be used on any part of the multiblock (only one per multiblock). It could be used to attach more 2-3 covers directly.

Or, to add some awesomeness, connect to another block, a "Controller computer", allowing 4 more sides to covers, and a GUI with the complete machine statuses (Efficiency, current EU consumption OR output (in case of generators), list of Items/gases on the input bus and output bus), and turn-on/off button on the GUI.
    +1000 if we could access this data remotely, from a central server. :D

• And what about large turbine? I tested large rotors from different materials but with the same optimal steam flow (24000), which corresponds to one steal boiler. These are: black bronze (95%),cobalt brass(120%), dark steel (130%), cobalt(130%), tungstensteel (140%). Their energy output are next: 420, 530, 570, 570, 625 eu/tic. So, it really rises with efficiency increasing. But using old formula output=steam flow*efficiency/2 it must be next: 570, 720, 780,780, 840 eu/tic. That means, old formula does not work. Why?
    Sorry for my annoying, but I think that you have become accustomed =)

hvelgelmir, your name is really hard to type :p

I coded the last changes to the turbine, so if you're using the latest version and there's a problem, I did it.

Looking at your numbers, I get the strong impression you're not sending optimal-flow to the turbines. If a turbine wants 400 steam per tick, and you sent it too much or too little, you're going to lose efficiency.

We cap the penalty at 125% overflow, so in this case, it could consume up to 500 steam per tick, and drop your output from 570 eu/t to 427 eu/t, 720 to 540, etc. Which is pretty close to the numbers you're quoting. To control the rate of flow, you can use a fluid regulator, or pipes with a known throughput.