[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I remember magnetic mirrors coming back a few years ago when skunk works announced their fusion project. Stellerators are back in too? I want to see a polywell :)

• Read this:
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Large_Turbine
    You will find everything there, especialy why your efficency is so low.

That page was very helpful although it didnt explain my lack of efficiency. But nevertheless i finally found it! i swapped from an HV Dynamo Hatch to an EV Dynamo hatch and ran my tests again.
    I now get 1.073.150 EU from a 60 sec run. that is almost on par with the LV Gas turbine, probably better if i include transformer losses.

willis936 i didnt need fludi regulators in this case since i used a single Ender IO Fluidduct (highest tier) to pump the biogas in. and since the turbine couldnt comsume it faster than i supplied it i dont think my supply of Biogas was the problem.

Thank you guys very much !

Now my last question:

the wiki says that a Turbine may comsume up to 150% of its optimal flow, but that it will waste the surplus Gas.
    Does that mean that i cant just pump all my Biogas in and that I need to supply EXACTLY the optimal flow to the turbine?

• Again, thank you guys very much. I cant stress enough how helpful you guys were!
    after setting up my final build in creative I come to the following conclusions.

With the amount of Biogas iam producing I can feed 7 Large Gas Turbines each containning a normal sized tungstensteel rotor and generating 894EU/t. Each rotor should last just shy of 10 Days of continous operation.

now THATS what iam talking about !

EV Age, here i come !

• Damn son. Nearly 10 kEU/t on biogas? It took me two LHEs with 4 turbines each to hit that (each LHE runs 2x large tsteel super heated steam turbines). One is lava (not sustainable) and the other is nuclear (7 fluid reactors worth, each taking 8 iridium reflectors and 4x quad thorium).

The fact that you can match that with a farm is impressive.

Also jump to fusion asap. It's so much fun. You'll need extra parts and EU because everyone makes mistakes. It's important to be able to afford those mistakes.

• Hi. I didnt find simular suggestions in the search, so:

As most tech modpacks use GraviSuite, how about tweaks to GT drill?
    I mean GT drills are better than gravi with EVERYTHING, except 1 moment - gravi drill can go into 3x3 drilling mode. So, how about same for GT drills? That would make sense, as they are WAY more difficult to make and a WAY more complex, then sticking some circuits to ic2 drill. I NEVER had to recharge my lithium+HV drill at all. Maybe some drill modifications?

• I NEVER had to recharge my lithium+HV drill at all.

Seriously? I hadn't bothered making an MV or HV drill, figuring that they'd have increased power consumption to match the increased battery capacity, and an LV drill didn't make sense to use without some backup power (I'm currently using a charging lapotron crystal), given that it would run out of power faster than a GT diamond pickaxe would run out of durability.

• Damn son. Nearly 10 kEU/t on biogas? It took me two LHEs with 4 turbines each to hit that (each LHE runs 2x large tsteel super heated steam turbines). One is lava (not sustainable) and the other is nuclear (7 fluid reactors worth, each taking 8 iridium reflectors and 4x quad thorium).

The fact that you can match that with a farm is impressive.

Also jump to fusion asap. It's so much fun. You'll need extra parts and EU because everyone makes mistakes. It's important to be able to afford those mistakes.

Well it isnt exactly cheap. Since each Distillation Tower only outputs 57mB/t of biogas I will need 4 Distillation Towers in order to feed 6 Turbines.
    I could overclock them, but since Iam doing this for energy generation it would kinda defeat the purpose...

The good thing is: the distillation tower produces Fertilizer as a Byproduct which I could use to speed up my Treefarm, which in turn would speed up my Biomass production....

But iam currently at the beginning of the HV age and iam powering my base with 2 Large Steel Boilers feeding into 4 Railcraft turbines. this gets me about 4 Amps of 512EU.
    So it will take a while to get my infrastructure up to par. I did this hwole testing to see where my "way of the Grag" will lead me.

Fusion is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the distance... For example... my ore processing consists of 1 macerator 2 ore wahsers and 2 thermals all at MV Level

• Step ore processing back down to LV except for macerators (get those to HV). If you have a mod doing a treefarm you may have a quarry mod. I didn't use a quarry until EV. Manual mining is easy enough and quarry processing takes a serious amount of EU. Get thousands of iron.

• Yeah that will be the bottleneck.. but I dont have to run them on my current power supply. I only need to generate enough Biogas to spin the Turbines up, then I can start adding additional turbines and Distillation Towers as the turbines will Power the towers.

Because every distillation tower needs 512EU/t my actual power surplus will only be 382 EU/t per Turbine, or 573EU/t per Distillation Tower.
    Hmm... doesent sound as good anymore :D

I might need to test the vanilla IC2 Biogas prodcution... but I doubt that it will be comparable to the Distillation tower...

I have a quarry installed but iam not using it. As you said... waaay too much power. Iam using a ming laser and an MV Drill for manual mining.

• Also I'm running it at 85 mB/s

As shown my tests, regulator should be set to L/t, not L/sec. Because turbine eats plasma each tick. And value should be rounded to nearest larger integer.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• As shown my tests, regulator should be set to L/t, not L/sec. Because turbine eats plasma each tick. And value should be rounded to nearest larger integer.

I think I read somewhere that the fluid regulator outputs every tick even in second mode and idk how it handles tick rounding. Hopefully it just picks one value and sticks to it instead of averaging. ie 7.2 would be 4 ticks of 7 mB/t and one tick of 8 mB/t (not good).

Why round up? Also in your testing did you find that the rotor numbers also round to the mB/t or is it actually impossible to hit maximum efficiency on most rotors?

• I think I read somewhere that the fluid regulator outputs every tick even in second mode and idk how it handles tick rounding.

That was my post and i was wrong.
    I made 2 regulators in test creative world and power them with 2 batteries. One of them was set to L/t, another to L/sec. And 1-st one eats 10 eu/t, 2-nd 10 eU/sec (seems like it need 10 eU per operation).

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

• Why round up? Also in your testing did you find that the rotor numbers also round to the mB/t or is it actually impossible to hit maximum efficiency on most rotors?

Results:
    7L/t - 34 067 eU/t
    8L/t - 44 223 eU/t
    9L/t - 38 818 eU/t
    146L/sec - 24 697 eU/t

44.2k eU/t is near theoretical maximum of rotor 32*1.4 = 44.8
    My test includes rotor spin up (128B of plasma total used), plus some transformer loses (energy collected to 4 slot LuV Bat Buffer), so results are a little lower than it should be.

Edited 3 times, last by Sapient ().

• links:

https://github.com/AppliedEner…-Energistics-2/issues/127

https://bitbucket.org/binnie56…from-crafting-extra-trees

https://github.com/FluffyCloud/binnie-fix-dev5 <- this was the fix, that i misremebered, but its only applicable to binnies 2.0-dev5

lol, for the most part i had considered taking out binnies, because this particular issue (in my case being crafting terminal lag) was very annoying, as the cliet would freeze for 10-20 seconds ever time you used the crafting terminal.

i was like, why do i even have binnies mods...? oh, yeah, bees. ffs, binnie, please seperate your mods into sub mods...

i believe whats happening is that some mod is doing very ugly recipe init calculations *cough* binnies *cough*

however its not just binnes that does this, though i cant say for certain that one persons method is more/less efficient than anothers, as i havent the foggiest as to why the whole thing is necessary to begin with...

in my pack, GT, DragonAPI, and a few others, all do pre-startup recipe calculations, or at least, thats what my understanding of it is.

• Chrimstmas came early for me huh? Lots of good posts on this page. Thanks Sapient. Man I've wasted a lot of EU... I could probably calculate how much I've wasted in the past month but I would likely cry.

Really cool that the max efficiency is set to the value in mB/t. This brings up my final question: do GT pipes with pumps update every tick? That is to say if I want 40 B/s to one input hatch could I use two fluid regulators feeding 1 B/t to a huge tsteel pipe with an EV pump outputting to the hatch and get the expected EU out?

Also plaguewolf my binnie version is 2.0pre14 which was several months after that fix. Was that fix ever merged in? At this point I'm thinking it might be network related because I'm seeing my network usage as 1 Mbps constantly. This is likely still caused with ae2 interacting with mods in some bad way but I think the lag isn't CPU/memory performance related but network. Should I try that jar?

• Official Post

Was that fix ever merged in?

Binnie just removed all the thousands of fence recipes in favour of a better system.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.