[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• HAY GUYS
    DID YOU HEAR? GT5u IS OUT!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I found a realy nasty bug and hope it is caused by GregTech. Minecraft plays realy random tool break sounds/anvil break sounds and it's realy annoing.

The Infitech mdpack maker could pinpoint the reason for that at Extra Utilities. https://github.com/rwtema/extrautilities/issues/671

Not a GregTech Bug. Mods are not supposed to ask for Container Items Clientside after the Game already started, unless it is on a Workbench (what is clearly not the case if the Sound happens randomly).

I don't know if someone is still looking for this, but I patched com\rwtema\extrautils\item\filters\AdvancedNodeUpgrades.class from latest ExtraUtilities-1.2.11 to fix the annying sound Issue.
    I've done this by simply removing: (Thanks to KageDragon https://github.com/rwtema/extr…71#issuecomment-149439317)

Code
    addEntry(new Matcher("HasContainerItem"){  public boolean matchItem(ItemStack item)  {    return item.getItem().hasContainerItem(item);  }});

I DO NOT GUARANTEE FOR CORRECT FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS EXTRAUTLITIES VERSION AND DO NOT REPORT BUGS TO rwtema WHEN USING THIS!!

Note: also interesting for GT6 Users (like me), it fixes the same thing there (which is the main reason why I made this).

RWTema just (finally) released a fixed version (1.2.12), so updating will fix that now.

• I think I was having issues with newer releases of extra utils with other mods (or this mod or forge 1492 I can't remember) and am currently using 1.2.6.

• Official Post

Could be worse, REI's Minimap explodes with any version past 1.1.1k

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thats is good to know, thanks :D there is a lilttle problem for me though, Im also using extra bees aka binniemod, and that hasn't been updated to froestry 4 yet so im kinda stuck with my version :( If someone knows a way to get around that or an existing fix/port whatever there might be, i would be glad to here about that. I understood it like: "forestry 4+ GT5.09.10 have a stickyresin bee that can also produce the stickyresin comb" if thats right just don't comment on it :)

Thanks, but its not that i want a bee that can produce this stuff, its just that I'd like to make a little GT bee guide for my pack using quests, and i'd want to put all bees there and the ways to get them (kinda like a little "achievment system" where oyu can see your progress and maybe compete with other player on the server to see who can finish it first ;) but i would like the bees to have a purpose aswell, not just being astetic so thats why i asked.

Thanks for your reply guys and girls :)

Binnie isn't updating the mod and doesn't want to switch open source his mod. Gendustry may be the alternative

• I didn't get the thing about bees recipes. Some of the latest changelogs says recipes are fixed.
    What does it mean? Is it possible to breed a naquadah bee just having Forestry and GT? If bee-breeding recipes are off by default, is it possible to enable them?
    I only found GTBees_true in config.

• I don't know if someone is still looking for this, but I patched com\rwtema\extrautils\item\filters\AdvancedNodeUpgrades.class from latest ExtraUtilities-1.2.11 to fix the annying sound Issue.
    I've done this by simply removing: (Thanks to KageDragon https://github.com/rwtema/extr…71#issuecomment-149439317)

Code
    addEntry(new Matcher("HasContainerItem")
    {
      public boolean matchItem(ItemStack item)
      {
        return item.getItem().hasContainerItem(item);
      }
    });

I DO NOT GUARANTEE FOR CORRECT FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS EXTRAUTLITIES VERSION AND DO NOT REPORT BUGS TO rwtema WHEN USING THIS!!

Note: also interesting for GT6 Users (like me), it fixes the same thing there (which is the main reason why I made this).

you are my freaking hero.... <3

i thought about just removing that offending block of code, but was looking into actually properly implementing things. unfortunately, im too fresh in the java waters for that atm, so it mostly involved me reading about what does what and why.

• So I finally did a deliberate experiment on how fast you can walk down an IceCrete roadway (Concrete with Ice below it).

Starting from a stop, I walked over 800 blocks in 10 seconds. (I say 'over' because that was the point at which I fell off the roadway and kept flying forward for another 30 blocks.)

If we factor in acceleration, that comes up to a top speed of roughly 90 blocks per second.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's kinda ridiculous.

• I think I was having issues with newer releases of extra utils with other mods (or this mod or forge 1492 I can't remember) and am currently using 1.2.6.

unfortunately for me, new enderIO complains most violently about old RF api in older versions of ExU, so this was a big pain in the butt...

• the potential for traps/trolls is strong with this one...

• I wish I could give likes here.

BTW ice blocks give boost for every block above them?

And I have a GT suggestion.
    We already have a coolant for reactors. GT can add another coolant types for reactors. I am pretty sure, that there are several types, which are based on metals. Na-something. + Some metals in their molten state. mercury 100% had its uses in IRL nuclear reactors. Something like that.
    I believe, these coolants could have simply a diferent multiplier for heat X hot coolant. default is 1 HU= 1mB of hot coolant. (If I am correct). So, these types would be able to eat more\less heat for different setups. I d like some better reactor components though.. or maybe better reactos. Naq maybe :D

• Well, IRL it's really impossible to combine Na with another metal, as Na already is a metal. ;) Well, if we're talking about ions. You could make an alloy, of course.

• BTW ice blocks give boost for every block above them?

This is a rather special interaction between Ice and Concrete. Walking on Concrete makes you walk faster (and slide, like Ice). Walking on Concrete with Ice, Packed Ice, or more Concrete below it causes you to accelerate to ludicrous speed.