[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Even HSS steels?

Edit: No, HSS steels are waaaaaay better.

HSS-E 1,536,000 140% 30,000.0
    HSS-G 1,200,000 130% 30,000.0
    Tungsteel 768,000 140% 24,000.0
    HSS-S 600,000 115% 28,000.0
    Iridium 512,000 105% 12,000.0
    Osmium 384,000 140% 48,000.0
    Osmiridium 160,000 80% 7,000.0

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

Edited once, last by axlegear ().

• Unless you've changed material stats the tsteel durability you report is half what it should be. Also the optimal flow should be multiples of 10k (so large in your case should be 30k making it identical to the HSS-E). Also I haven't heard of those. Must be some metallurgy thing.

• Nope, they're default GT5U 5.09.11. Osmiridium and HSS have been around for a long time. We don't even have metallurgy.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I'm not so sure HSS was available in 5.08. Osmiridium existed, but iirc it wasn't producible.

However, I'm getting ready to make a new crop farm using 5.09, so it would be nice if someone could summarize the new crops and which existing crops require blocks under them as of 5.09.

• Oh so those are GT5Exp large turbine numbers? I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic than just changing the go to material from tsteel to another mat. Especially considering the stats of the go to rotor are identical.

• Yeah, tho there's alos huge turbines now, and those have a durability of like 2mil for HSS-E

Quoted from "zorn":

• Oh, we are talking abou 5.09...

7mb/t is much for plasma, my huge naquadah alloy eat about 1mb/tick of sulfur plasma. With even higher energy density its not possible to get the right flowrates.

That brings me to a suggestion: How abuot lowering the density of plasma? Make it produce less energy per bucket, but more plasma is produced in the reactor? That would kinda limit the ability to transport billions of EU in a drum, but with huge stationary tanks that shouldnt be a problem.

• Good day.
    I recently updated to the last recommended forge and start to notice some Memory overuse.
    For example i get around 700 mb used on the world start.
    Now it instantly gets to 2GB out of 3GB i allocated to MC.
    I don't get any errors in logs, i checked it only with IC2+GT+#few mods for optimizing #
    If i remove GT - memory overuse goes away.

• Bug snapped up from people that for some reason never bother filing bug reports themselves..

The assembler recipes for machine casings in experimental are exploitable.
    Arc furnaces, fluid extractors, disassemblers and so on always use the crafting recipe when deciding what to give back.

So you can make a max machine hull in the assembler with 8 neutronium, spr. conducting wires and C2F2,
    and then get back 9 neutronium by putting it in a fluid extractor.

• Oh, we are talking abou 5.09...

7mb/t is much for plasma, my huge naquadah alloy eat about 1mb/tick of sulfur plasma. With even higher energy density its not possible to get the right flowrates.

That brings me to a suggestion: How abuot lowering the density of plasma? Make it produce less energy per bucket, but more plasma is produced in the reactor? That would kinda limit the ability to transport billions of EU in a drum, but with huge stationary tanks that shouldnt be a problem.

That's why you always round up for the actual optimal flow for the rotor. So in the case of the naq rotor the actual optimal EU/t at run time is (EU from 1 mB of sulfur) / (1 tick). You take that number and multiply it by the rotor's efficiency to get your expected EU output.

Also buffing huge turbines seems nearly pointless since getting a reasonable amount of neutronium has a very high bar. You'd need over 10 turbines running for hundreds of hours to get a reasonable amount of it (even when spamming mass fabs).

• Bye guys and thank you for your support.
    I give-up on Gregtech altogether.

This mod is going nowhere in all its variations.

It all became boring and depressing with too much non-sense.

• And all because he didn't want to use a machine controller + liquid detector on his distillery

To Asp: Thanks for fixing the bees! What turned out to be the cause? I'm curious\

ohey, just noticed the new plant textures. Pretty swank! Quantaria blossoms are pritty.

Quoted from "zorn":

Edited once, last by axlegear ().

• Good day.
    I recently updated to the last recommended forge and start to notice some Memory overuse.
    For example i get around 700 mb used on the world start.
    Now it instantly gets to 2GB out of 3GB i allocated to MC.
    I don't get any errors in logs, i checked it only with IC2+GT+#few mods for optimizing #
    If i remove GT - memory overuse goes away.

Apparently it is something in my side, but there is another issue:
    In 5.09.12 no asteroids will spawn in End.

• Hey Blood, any chance you will make a retro-gen or re-gen option for oil/natural gas/etc.? Our world was pre-oil update and now we can't get any chunks to spawn with any. Even new chunks.

Quoted from "zorn":

• To Asp: Thanks for fixing the bees! What turned out to be the cause? I'm curious\

ohey, just noticed the new plant textures. Pretty swank! Quantaria blossoms are pritty.

The textures come from Marks.

The forestry fix was ony one line, but figuring it out took some time.

I did write with mezz on IRC for some time and figured it out. He also added a check to forestry so it will not happen again.

In 5.09.12 no asteroids will spawn in End.

I will take a look at it.

Hey Blood, any chance you will make a retro-gen or re-gen option for oil/natural gas/etc.? Our world was pre-oil update and now we can't get any chunks to spawn with any. Even new chunks.

The oil does no worldgen, so there is nothing to retrogen. http://ftb.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Oil_Drilling_Rig

• Hey Blood, any chance you will make a retro-gen or re-gen option for oil/natural gas/etc.? Our world was pre-oil update and now we can't get any chunks to spawn with any. Even new chunks.

The oil does no worldgen, so there is nothing to retrogen. http://ftb.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Oil_Drilling_Rig

I'm not sure I understand. If the oil doesn't gen, then how do you find it? In SP, using the debug scanner states the resource in the chunk. In our MP server tho, no chunk ever has any, and no amount of using the seismic surveyor shows any. Oil, natural gas, etc. that should be there? Isn't. Even in new chunks.

Quoted from "zorn":