[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Something that sort of caught my eye is that uranite and pitchblende seem to have the wrong colors (if they are even a different element at all). I believe the name PITCHblende came from the fact that it was black.
    Also, if you are going to add some boosts to the reactors, it would be super nice to have some extra processing options for radioactive materials, maybe slightly more realistic, a la reactorcraft for example, using hydrofluoric acid(or some other acid) > mix that with uranium > uranium hexafluoride > centrifuge that, into either usable or unusable isotopes (you could use those for different things). That might be a way to kinda... balance the reactor boost out again.

• Is there any way to tell how calcified your solar boilers are?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Something that sort of caught my eye is that uranite and pitchblende seem to have the wrong colors (if they are even a different element at all). I believe the name PITCHblende came from the fact that it was black.
    Also, if you are going to add some boosts to the reactors, it would be super nice to have some extra processing options for radioactive materials, maybe slightly more realistic, a la reactorcraft for example, using hydrofluoric acid(or some other acid) > mix that with uranium > uranium hexafluoride > centrifuge that, into either usable or unusable isotopes (you could use those for different things). That might be a way to kinda... balance the reactor boost out again.

Pitchblende can be black or yellow, but in GT the black one is called uraninite and the yellow one pitchblende.

• Coal Steam boilers now do not work anymore with automation, so refueling and removal of ash must be done by hand. One stack coal coke lasts about 12 hours, so should be fine. The solar boiler is slowly calcinating. Starts after 12h, after 24h it is down to 50% efficiency, 48h down to 25% efficiency. To clean/reset the calcination, the solar boiler must be picked up and placed down again. So some work by hand every 24h so they stay efficient. Setup and forget setups tend to be spammed, so it is against that.

Personally, I don't think the answer should be forbidding the refueling of the small coal boilers in order to stop its spamming. From my point of view, the answer should be adding a diminishing return in the steam production until a fixed value, like diminish the steam production from 100% to 25%, the same as you added to the solar steam boilers. I mean, add a 'calcification' alike penalty from using normal water in that kind of boilers (solar and the small ones) and allowing the use of distilled water in order to bypass that penalty. It would also require a more 'complex way' of making distilled water than the current one, like returning less distilled water from normal water in the distillation tower or the equivalent machinery, like a 25% of loss, or something like that.

With that, people ought to use normal water with the penalty in mind until they have the infrastructure in order to bypass that. At that time of the game, people would be clever enough (or at least I think) to use petroil, the big steam boilers or equivalent methods for energy production instead of just spam everywhere that small boilers.

Or instead of putting what I've said above, put all of this nerf you've created in the config, so players could choose between using the nerf to solar and small coal boilers or not (I don't know if it's in the config because I haven't played Minecraft and GregTech since a while).

• Something that is kinda... Problematic is that it's almost impossible to see which ores you can use in a chemical bath.
    If you look up the recipes of the chembath, you will almost only see things like: arrows, firesteel stuff. Wouldn't it be a nice idea to, instead of having the ores bathed in the chembath, to have them bathed in the ore washing plant, with mercury/sodium persulphate instead? It would make more sense (seeing that it's an ore washing plant) and the recipes would be easier to find (since they wouldn't be hidden in a 1700 recipe pile, but "just" like... 100 recipes).

If this has been changed already, I am sorry. Our Beyond Reality server had some problems with the more recent version of GT/BR, so we had to roll back until version 2.3.4, which doesn't even have the new GT multiblocks. But our admin plans to try a new version again soon.

• Something that is kinda... Problematic is that it's almost impossible to see which ores you can use in a chemical bath.
    If you look up the recipes of the chembath, you will almost only see things like: arrows, firesteel stuff. Wouldn't it be a nice idea to, instead of having the ores bathed in the chembath, to have them bathed in the ore washing plant, with mercury/sodium persulphate instead? It would make more sense (seeing that it's an ore washing plant) and the recipes would be easier to find (since they wouldn't be hidden in a 1700 recipe pile, but "just" like... 100 recipes).

If this has been changed already, I am sorry. Our Beyond Reality server had some problems with the more recent version of GT/BR, so we had to roll back until version 2.3.4, which doesn't even have the new GT multiblocks. But our admin plans to try a new version again soon.

Once you know the rules for processing, it is quite easy to find out without searching much in NEI.
    https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…/Materials.java#L730-L731
    Basicly: Every ore that has Gold, Silver, Osmium, Platinum or Cooperite as byproduct goes into chembath with mercury.
    Every ore with Zinc, Nickel, Copper, Cobalt, Cobaltite or Tetrahedrite as byproduct into chembath with sodimpersulfate.

Is there any way to tell how calcified your solar boilers are?

Currently not.

Also incidentally, this does not affect the High Pressure Coal Boiler, only the two Small boilers.

The HP Coal Boiler extends the small boiler, so the change effects both.

I was also not fully awake coding that, but i also included that the solar boiler is not running all the time but heating up most of the day. So keeping it hot by sleeping impacts the calcination even more. Without sleeping it should be close to 12 RL hours until it starts loosing efficiency.

• Urm why can't I craft scrap with a recycler in 5.08? Checked the configs not seeing exactly why and previously I was able to, I think preGT5u. Also am I missing something with gregtech as far as advancement goes? It takes forever to get a decent set-up and these new nerfs make it very hard to automate much. Does everyone play in creative and just cheat or is masochism a thing? Also looking for a decent server just so I can figure out what other folks use as set-ups.

• Can solar boilers be moved with sticky pistons?

And suggestion:
    Hard Water Test Strip. Checks calcination level in a machine.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Urm why can't I craft scrap with a recycler in 5.08? Checked the configs not seeing exactly why and previously I was able to, I think preGT5u. Also am I missing something with gregtech as far as advancement goes? It takes forever to get a decent set-up and these new nerfs make it very hard to automate much. Does everyone play in creative and just cheat or is masochism a thing? Also looking for a decent server just so I can figure out what other folks use as set-ups.

I did not change anything about recyclers since i started with GT5U. Maybe IC2 broke somthing? The GT recycler is using mostly IC2 logic in the background. Overall i did close to no balance changes in GT5.08 and i will still keep that branch up to date for all that want to play with the original balancing.
    All "my" changes are concentrated into GT5.09. I know there are likely quite a lot that do not agree with all my changes, but for them there is 5.08.

About servers, i was playing on Kirara the last few weeks, but currently that one is down because of server failout. If you look for good GT packs, i would recommend InfiTech2 or BeyondReality Pack.

Can solar boilers be moved with sticky pistons?

And suggestion:
    Hard Water Test Strip. Checks calcination level in a machine.

Sticky pistons are unlikely to work. They do not move tile entitys afaik.
    I will add something easier to check and reset the solars soon. All i want with the rebalancing, is that they do no longer work fully stand alone. But more than 1-2min of work every few hours is also not wanted by me.

• Urm why can't I craft scrap with a recycler in 5.08? Checked the configs not seeing exactly why and previously I was able to, I think preGT5u.

What are you trying to recycle? By default, GregTech blacklists a number of things for the recycler that are too easy to obtain in large quantities (such as cobblestone and wood), and that has been there since well before GT5u.

• I did not change anything about recyclers since i started with GT5U. Maybe IC2 broke somthing? The GT recycler is using mostly IC2 logic in the background. Overall i did close to no balance changes in GT5.08 and i will still keep that branch up to date for all that want to play with the original balancing.
    All "my" changes are concentrated into GT5.09. I know there are likely quite a lot that do not agree with all my changes, but for them there is 5.08.

About servers, i was playing on Kirara the last few weeks, but currently that one is down because of server failout. If you look for good GT packs, i would recommend InfiTech2 or BeyondReality Pack.

Sticky pistons are unlikely to work. They do not move tile entitys afaik.
    I will add something easier to check and reset the solars soon. All i want with the rebalancing, is that they do no longer work fully stand alone. But more than 1-2min of work every few hours is also not wanted by me.

I don't even mind checking them ever few hours, as long as I have some way to alerting myself of it, even if it's right-clicking with a watertester or scanner or something. It's more an issue for me about knowing rather than doing.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Several things, but not seeing a recipe at all in nei. Will try a few tweaks.

When has NEI ever shown a recipe for recycling items? I don't recall that being the case even for the IC2 recycler without GregTech installed. The recycler accepts so many different things, and only outputs scrap (with a 12.5% chance, unless the item is blacklisted), so I don't see much point in NEI support for it. Have you actually tried putting in items to see if they produce any scrap? If not, what makes you so sure the recycler is broken in GT 5.08? Also, please be more specific - just saying "several things" isn't enough for me to determine whether the items you've tried are blacklisted.

• I have started contributing to the BDCraft texture patch for GregTech, but I've come across a couple of item textures that are confusing me:
    1. electric pumps
    2. emitters
    Can someone please provide me some more details of how the current textures for them represent them? (to help me figure out how higher-resolution textures of them should look)

• Could someone respond? Does Blood Asp abandon GTE while he working on more important things(GT5U)?

Bloody is adding new things and stuff to GT5U so there's no need for a separate GTE for GT5. GTE for GT6 will probably be picked up again when GT6 is more fleshed out and Bloody is mostly satisfied with GT5U.

• Bloody is adding new things and stuff to GT5U so there's no need for a separate GTE for GT5. GTE for GT6 will probably be picked up again when GT6 is more fleshed out and Bloody is mostly satisfied with GT5U.

But GTE doesn't workig even with GT6.

• Official Post

But GTE doesn't workig even with GT6.

GTE for GT6 will probably be picked up again when GT6 is more fleshed out and Bloody is mostly satisfied with GT5U.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I get a crash upon attempting to look up recipes for anything in NEI. I have a strong suspicion this problem is on your end (might be a problem with NEI, but didn't happen every time I went to look up a recipe BEFORE I replaced gregtech 6 with this mod and started a new world). Please don't take anything the wrong way. I just couldn't seem to rephrase that to sound polite. Just an FYI: I don't use paste bin since it requires an account, so please excuse the spoiler that, when opened up will probably take up a lot of the page that also means this will be a two-parter . Anyways, here's the crash report: