[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• You know how shittily unbalanced it would be if the Source dust did NOT disappear? You could feed the Source Dust back into the Centrifuge to get more and more Radioactive Isotopes out of something that should not have them anymore in the first place. Or with the 7 U235 + 1 Pu244 Recipe you would have a 1:1 ratio of Stuff being outputted what is WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH for this purpose.

There are only two valid choices:
    1. The Mass vanishes, like it does now, or
    2. The Centrifuge outputs a 100% useless byproduct, that can not be fed back into the Centrifuge and is ESPECIALLY NOT usable for any Nuclear related Stuff.

But your Suggestions are neither of those two options, and therefore extremely unbalanced.

Well, I meant that recipe just as an example, not as it has to be exactly like that.
    Normally I would suggest to breed (pure) U 238 within Breeding Reactors (which should be added into GregTech if they aren't there already) into Pu 239 (and maybe as by-product Pu 240, Pu 241 and Pu 242) and to use then Pu 239 and/or Pu 241 as part of a MOX fuel.
    That way you can consume U 238 very efficiently over a long time as it is possible already in real life.

Based on those facts the recipe could be something like (all dusts): 33x U 238 => 32x pure U 238 + 1x tiny pile of U 235 + 1x Ra (or just a small pile of it) + 25% chance of 1x tiny pile of Pu 244.
    Pure U 238 could be used then within breeding reactors to gain Pu 239.
    And the waste product out of the nuclear reactors that run on enriched U 235 or Pu 239 should be or contain a large amount of depleted U 238. Depleted U 238 can be used for radiation shielding or ammunition, for example, but there could be also a processing chain to filter out Ba and Kr to get pure U 238.
    And Ra could be used as source of a processing chain to get Radon gas.
    Does that sound more interesting than just (in my opinion senselessly) voiding U 238?

Pu 239, Pu 240 and Pu 241 should also be able to be finally breed somehow into Pu 242, maybe within a breeding reactor or within a Neutron Chamber by shooting on it with some kind of Neutron Cannon (like that thing in the Iron Man 2 movie).
    Pu 242 can then be used as described below.

If you really want to produce Pu 244 in a significant manner then you have to create a nuclear explosion because you need a huge amount of free neutrons within a very short time to create a "production" chain of Pu 239 - 240 - 241 - 242 - 243 - 244.
    The main drawback there is Pu 243 with its very short half time of just five hours.
    For GregTech that could mean to build a Nuclear Explosion Chamber that resists a small nuclear explosion and to fuel it with "Mini" Nuclear Bombs made out of either U 235 and U 238 or Pu 239 and U 238 and maybe some Pu 242 for both recipes.
    The Nuclear Explosion Waste should then be separated somehow into its ingredients - a somewhat lesser amount of the main products of the bomb together with some Pu 244.

• These centrifuge recipes could get removed without breaking anything and are just for lazy players.
    They are meant to be inefficent. The correct way to get Plutonium is in the IC2 nuclear reactor.

To make the whole nuclear reactor system more technical correct would need a bigger rewrite where i'm the one too lazy doing that for now. Still, i'm always open for help, the code is on github.

• These centrifuge recipes could get removed without breaking anything and are just for lazy players.
    They are meant to be inefficent. The correct way to get Plutonium is in the IC2 nuclear reactor.

To make the whole nuclear reactor system more technical correct would need a bigger rewrite where i'm the one too lazy doing that for now. Still, i'm always open for help, the code is on github.

Ah ok, thanks!
    Then the IC2 Nuclear Reactor is already some kind of breeding reactor, right?

Is there also an alternate way to get radon gas except through Pu 244 ingots?

I think they're also helpful for newer to Gregtech players who might not be ready for how things work. I like to think of it like weaning a baby from a bottle so to speak. It avoids the pure shock that happens when people realize how hard it is and just give up. You basically hold their hand again so to speak as they grow into adulthood that is Gregtech.

By the time you're an old fossil like me you're a glutton for punishment and look for ways to make it even harder.

• Blood Asp
    I tested all 5.09.26pre builds and found a bugs. Do you know about these errors?
    Every time after second run GregTech.lang file renamed to GregTech.lang_20161022_225001.error and created new one.
    And have errors in GregTech.log:

• Thank you very much, without GT++ all right. Next time I will take a closer. :rolleyes:

https://github.com/draknyte1/G…6c8bc1f365a57f36f628e67bd - Fixed 2wk ago

Go grab an updated version, 1.4.9-prerelease/release depding upon when you read this reply. -
    http://curse.com/project/252448

• I drifted away from using GregTech several months ago to play Minecraft 1.10.2. I know GT 5.10 exists, but I've been hesitant to try it. There's one thing that might entice me, though: the GregTech crops. Are those ready to activate as soon as IC2 2.6 re-adds crop support, or will they need to be re-added to GT 5.10?

Edit: also, about this issue that I mentioned over a year ago in the GT6 thread.

FWIW, I solved this mystery: the formula you quoted is from line 70 of the decompiled GT_Worldgenerator.java, but at line 32 it creates an instance of the subclass with chunk coordinates multiplied by 16, so it's not checking chunk centers against that formula, it's checking the northwest corners. -8/16 == 0, but -16/16 == -1.

Greg mentioned a way to fix that in this post, which still hasn't been implemented in GT5u:

MATHS!!!

((tChunkX/16)+402653184) % 3 == 1 && ((tChunkZ/16)+402653184) % 3 == 1

• I have a question. I'm just now trying out Gregtech 5U, and the first thing I ran into was the fact the mod disables the charcoal burning recipe for the furnace, in favor of a more realistic pit approach. Which would be OK if the pit approach didn't require bronze, brick, and iron.

Charcoal's a very early game material, required for torches. You can't really dig or go caving without torches. How are you supposed to make torches without charcoal? Coal is an alternative, but coal isn't something you find on the surface unless you're lucky.

Is there a low-tech alternative I'm missing? Shouldn't the charcoal pit be something you can make with just logs and dirt? If you're arguing that it's "realistic," that's all medieval charcoal burners used. It was a profession for the extremely poor, requiring virtually no equipment.

• Let's see:
    1. if you have Railcraft installed, you can use the Coke Oven to make charcoal (it still takes some brick, but not as much as a large charcoal pile, and you can use things like wood or coal dust/crushed coal (from small coal ore) as furnace fuel to make the brick)
    2. GregTech generates large veins of coal between layer 50 and 80 (see http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing for an explanation of how GregTech mix veins generate), and the ore blocks can be hammered for pieces of coal to use for torches.
    3. You can also make torches with sulfur (overworld sources tend to be deep below ground, so not really a good early-game choice), phosphorus (generates in Apatite mix veins, from layers 40-60), or sticky resin (though IC2 normally hides this recipe). Other mods might add more choices.
    4. If being unable to burn logs into charcoal in a furnace still bothers you after reading the alternatives above, you can find "disabledrecipes" in GregTech/Recipes.cfg and change "B:wood2charcoalsmelting_true=true" to "B:wood2charcoalsmelting_true=false"

• 4. If being unable to burn logs into charcoal in a furnace still bothers you after reading the alternatives above, you can find "disabledrecipes" in GregTech/Recipes.cfg and change "B:wood2charcoalsmelting_true=true" to "B:wood2charcoalsmelting_true=false"

That's what I did, but I wanted to know if there was another, intended solution. When trying out a new mod I like to see how the designer imagined it working before altering it.

I know how Coke Ovens work. It's true that you don't need anything other than a furnace, wood, and clay to make a Railcraft coke oven, but shouldn't there be a solution to torches that doesn't depend on another mod? Or is Railcraft and intended requirement, like Industrial Craft 2?

I've read about the Gregtech vein generation, but haven't had extensive experience with it yet. Are you saying you can expect to see coal veins exposed and visible pretty much all the time, provided you check out biomes like Extreme Hills?

• I'm not entirely sure about the "intended solution", but as far as the charcoal pit being realistic and not wanting it to need the brick base, keep in mind that a max size charcoal pit (605 logs) can produce about 14 stacks of charcoal (give or take) in a total of 25 minutes or less (including the repeated setup and tear-down), which comes out to 1.67 seconds per charcoal, which is much faster than using a furnace, and almost as fast as a pyrolyse oven at minimum valid voltage (without nitrogen input). The only catch is that automation options are somewhat limited.

Yeah, extreme hills often have exposed coal veins.

• The amount of charcoal a pit can produce crossed my mind. If the pit were an extra feature, in addition to vanilla furnace production of charcoal, the pit's cost makes sense. It's just that when it's the only way to produce charcoal in-mod, I have to ask what the intended solution to those torches you need the first night is.

The alternative, I guess, is to dig a hole and hide in it until morning, doing nothing or perhaps doing everything by feel in the dark while the hungry undead moan outside.

• The amount of charcoal a pit can produce crossed my mind. If the pit were an extra feature, in addition to vanilla furnace production of charcoal, the pit's cost makes sense. It's just that when it's the only way to produce charcoal in-mod, I have to ask what the intended solution to those torches you need the first night is.

The alternative, I guess, is to dig a hole and hide in it until morning, doing nothing or perhaps doing everything by feel in the dark while the hungry undead moan outside.

You don't need torches for the first night, nor for the next one :thumbup: . As long as you don't go underground or building a house.
    Hole in a ground (up to 3x3x2) is quite safe, and you are at the caveman stage at this time anyway)). Charcoal pit takes few hours IRL to create (lazy pace), and after that you don't have to think about coal any more. Persanally, I prefer 5x5x5 pit, because I am to impatient to fill largest one, even with giant trees. And as said above - coal and lignite ores are ewerywhere on surface in large amounts. Next pain in the *** will be diamonds.
    Honestly, I started 3 maps, dig 100 holes each in 10x10 squares(in guesstimated vein locations), and only get 1 diamond vein. But... it was epic 8o .