Suggestion: High capacity RE-Batteries

• Do you think there should be a High Capacity RE-Battery 30

1. No (17) 57%
    2. Yes (14) 47%

I was thinking that so much energy is needed for the miners to work there could be a battery that can hold more of a charge than the standard RE-Battery.

• Official Post

For me, I use an MFE and LV Transformer to supply power to the miner -- works just fine :). You'll need roughly 1 million EU to get to bedrock with a maxed out miner (Crystal drill + UV Scan) - so 10 energy crystals.

You can also use an MFSU, 1 lapotron crystal should be just enough power.

• I am not saying that it could be used just for miners but for other things as well. Such as a way to bridge the gap between RE-Batteries and Energy Crystals.

• Wait, there are people that mine w/o Quarries or going into caves exploring?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I think that a simple solution would be either
    A let energy crystals autominers
    B let batpacks be used in miners
    a higher powered Re battery is entirely unnecessary
    how ever a Single use version of energy crystals would be welcomed by me

• For me, I use an MFE and LV Transformer to supply power to the miner -- works just fine :). You'll need roughly 1 million EU to get to bedrock with a maxed out miner (Crystal drill + UV Scan) - so 10 energy crystals.

You can also use an MFSU, 1 lapotron crystal should be just enough power.

this is the exact same way as me
    mine goes like this
    S C
    S M L Mi
    S
    S=Solar panel, M=MFE, L=LV transformer, Mi=Miner, C=Chest
    i have 3 energy crystals i do 2 trips and im done
    (PS i use the diamond drill and the OV) :D

MinecraftChicken is yummy
    MinecraftCow is mooey
    MinecraftPig is oinky
    :Mining Laser: is pewy
    MinecraftCreeper is EXPLOSIVE!!
    RUN AWAY!!

• Yes, some people are lazy/industrial (like quarry users), but don't want to use imba quarrys harvesting stuff for free.

Quarries aren't imba in BC v 2.x. They use a ton of oil/coal.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• I just loooove my power. If we can upgrade cabling, why can't we upgrade our power as well?

The downside of upgrading batteries would be diminishing returns in terms of power storage (the opposite of how power storage blocks like the MFSU craft), but the upside is they would still be Tier 1 power and so could charge batboxes & up, tools, batpacks, etc.

Cable
    Tin IngotEmpty CellTin Ingot
    Tin IngotEmpty CellTin Ingot

This simple, logical recipe would provide 2 RE batteries worth of power. Perhaps you could make an even stronger battery by using 2 batboxes instead, which would give you a battery that could hold 40k EU, enough to charge a batpack 2/3 of the way.

Or you could just make bat-packs work as battery packs. To this day I still try to use the darn things every now and then. It would be a welcome change.