[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Just adding my praise. I LOVE the advance machines. Where before I had 8+ machines of each type just so I didn't have to wait half an hour to process the returns from my 4 miners, now I can do everything in a single day cycle. Now we need an advance type recycler and I can get rid of my wall of those too! ;)

Keep up the excellent work. These really should be a part of the base IC2 distro. No idea why they aren't (Or something similar).

One grip. Please refactor the GUI displays in the next version. Having my RPMs, etc, overlap into other GUI elements niggles a little.

• @ Above because he only wanted to have induction furnace that being an actual RL technology

@ Zippinus: I have hand the idea of the "Molecular Recycler" or "Particle Recycler"
    crafted thus:
    :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Matter: :Recycler: :Matter:
    :Matter: :Advanced Machine: :Matter:

it would have two recycling slots as well as recycling at double speed (no acceleration here)
    however it would also produce a piece of scrap 16.5 % of the time instead of the current (12.5%)
    it would use more power equivalent to what the other Adv versions do compared to their defaults.

EDIT: an alternative system would have the recycler add up points according to what has been recycled this would allow the recycling of more valueable items that you dont need to not be a near total and utter waste: a scrap is produced when 10 points are accumulated, dirt, sand, gravel and cobblestone would be worth 1 point each
    Anything used in Plantballs would be worth 2 points, Plantballs: 16
    Tin/Copper ore would be worth 28 points, Dust: 14 Ingots:16 Bronze Dust: 28, Ingots: 32
    Iron Ore would be worth 36 points, Dust: 18, Ingots: 22 Re iron: 26
    Gold Ore would be worth 48 points, Dust 24, Ingots: 28
    any metal item would be worth the amount of ingots used to craft it.
    things like rubber ect. would be defined by their plant cost or whatever is deemed appropriate.
    Diamonds are worth 304 Points.

I understand that this would require you to hardcode a value for every single item ingame (to reduce the number if items make all IC items except for the base materials, and items crafted from a single material unrecycleable) it may be too tedius by far to do

Possibly this could even be its own plugin but if you can do this (and want to) please do, even for my sake! otherwise just use the other system ;)

I would enjoy this piece of advanced technology massively and I am sure others would too
    I understand if you don't want to implement it as it is not one of the base 4 machines but it is very useful in many situations.

• Well, my wooden pipes dont seem to be extracting from the 3rd outputslot of a Centrifueg Extractor. Can someone else confirm this?

• Yeah IC2 server is also in the mods folder. I shall try a fresh install, see if it helps any.

I fixed it by giving the folder a zz_ prefix, that way I'm sure the IC² mod gets loaded first.

Great job on the mod, although the machines are abit too fast in my opinion.

• Others have posted this error, and I attempted to fix it in 2.1, though I seem to have failed at that. I'll add it into the next update, probably out by friday.

can you also try and fix it so the extractor extracts up to 64 per slot instead of 63? or is that just a waste of time?

• the compressor shows up as unnamed in tmi and when u mouse over it.

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

• I thought that you could pump lava into geothermal generators with this buildcraft support. My dreams of epic thermal farms have been crushed D: Please make this atleast an optional thing, id do it myself, but i dont have the slightest idea how

• I thought that you could pump lava into geothermal generators with this buildcraft support. My dreams of epic thermal farms have been crushed D: Please make this atleast an optional thing, id do it myself, but i dont have the slightest idea how

Wrong thread. Regardless, without the API hooks, It is unlikely to be possible to make an addon to do this. I would note that buildcraft has an addon that allows filling of buckets, maybe you could make a clever system using that.

• Wrong thread. Regardless, without the API hooks, It is unlikely to be possible to make an addon to do this. I would note that buildcraft has an addon that allows filling of buckets, maybe you could make a clever system using that.

Wrong thread? Could've sworn that this said added buildcraft compatibility. Also, the buildcraft API was released. Thanks for the quick response though

• @above

Industrialcraft is already buildcraft compatiable, it's just that there was discussion on making these machines work with it's piping systems.

You'd have to get another mod to do that sort of thing, or alblaka could add clever stuff involving pumps and the like.

• Does anyone know how to use this with CraftBukkit? I assume I have to merge it with the IC2 server files, but I haven't had a chance to try yet.

Code
    bug.hello.dir.what?.huh.ohGod.getDirection();

This is why we love Java

• @above

Industrialcraft is already buildcraft compatiable, it's just that there was discussion on making these machines work with it's piping systems.

You'd have to get another mod to do that sort of thing, or alblaka could add clever stuff involving pumps and the like.

I've been searching for mods to allow this, no luck. Could you point me in the direction of the discussion? Assuming that it is still there anyway

• Hey im running a smp server on mossycobble and have the folloing mods installed...

AdvMachine v2.00
    BuildCraftTransport 2.2.2
    BuildCraftFactory 2.2.2
    BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.2
    BuildCraftCore 2.2.2
    BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.2
    zAdditionalPipes 1.9
    RedPowerWorld 2.0pr2b
    RedPowerMachine 2.0pr2b
    IC2 v1.15
    ModLoaderMP Beta 1.8.1 Initialized
    MinecraftForge V1.1.1 Initialized
    RedPowerArray 2.0pr2b
    RedPowerLogic 2.0pr2b
    RedPowerLighting 2.0pr2b
    RedPowerWiring 2.0pr2b
    RedPowerCore 2.0pr2b
    It Seem like a standard mod set up for industrial craft servers im getting no errors when i start the server and every thing seems to work fine when i log on to the server. except that i cannot access the gui for the rotory macerator i haven't tried any of the other machines out yet but any ideas on whats happining here.. i have restarted the server i have re dl'd the mod all to no avail i can provide any thing you need to trouble shoot this problem, i have all the jars and mod folders backed up on my comp.

• Loving this mod, going to suggest it for the server we play on, we currently use multiple of each device and truthfully its starting to take up a lot of room..

Too bad Al said he won't add this stuff to IC2 =( would love the Rotary Macerator

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• disregard this. me and my stupid head, should've watched for these nasty IDs

cheers for great mod :thumbup:

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy