[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• exactly, people are so rude.
    they would never talk to me like that in front of my face.

All I did was ask some questions and rudeness is what comes out.
    I dont appreciate that at all.

I was also talking about the rest of the mods also that are not updated,
    like solar helmet, and eletric fishing pole and so on.
    good mods that I believe should be implemented into IC2 because their great.

but getting rude responses is really uncalled for.
    and if people like they CAN meet with me in person to discuss it in great detail if they like.

• Official Post

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Could you add a config to disable the extra slots? I don't need nor want and they get in the way of convenient inventory.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• 9 Overclockers causes so much energy consumption it's insane. This is probably the only (addition to IC2) mod I can't live without.

It does? I've got 12 in my main macerator and the MFSU barely notices except when I run multiple full stacks.

• Official Post

You can whine all day long about how expensive overclockers are, but for a nice midway balance of speed and power consumption, they are GREAT.

FYI it's not so much overclockers being expensive as it is Adv. Machines being way OP...

• You can whine all day long about how expensive overclockers are, but for a nice midway balance of speed and power consumption, they are GREAT.

FYI it's not so much overclockers being expensive as it is Adv. Machines being way OP...

Don't get me wrong I do like them sort of. I just miss the convinces options that was offered through the advance machines mainly for extracting resin was a beast with the 3 outputs. If forge got their act together I think I might actually have just gone and updated without the advance machines but I still support them for the game. I think if they used 2-3 eu tick for leaving them on and used say 50 EU while running if not more then I would easily still gone with advance machines hehe.

• I just like the fact that I can throw two stacks into each of my advanced machines, then go away and craft some stuff, then come back and grab my new crafting materials. I also like to not overdo it on the power gen (I save my resources for other cool projects) and so advanced machines make me squeal with delight. I like how when I leave I can just switch them off. Since this mod is not updated I have had to use several overclockers in my machines, and while they are handy in a pinch I don't see any reason to waste that much metal on something that causes you to waste even more power.

• You can whine all day long about how expensive overclockers are, but for a nice midway balance of speed and power consumption, they are GREAT.

Nice to see an IC2 dev weighing in on the discussion! I've not yet upgraded to 1.64 so can't comment on the OC's but I have really enjoyed having the AdvMachs around. I agree with Kane that the expanded output hopper on the AM's is possibly the best feature.

Interesting that you feel that the machines are overpowered. Is that the speed for the power consumption? The expanded output hoppers? Some other factor?
    Is this the general consensus amongst the IC2 team? Do they also feel that the Induction Furnace is overpowered and regret adding it?

Cheers

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

So the design aspect for the machines is either:
    A. Require a ton of power to get reasonable speed machines.
    Or
    B. Require a large amount of machines

As Advanced Machines did come before (to the public, mind you) overclockers, wouldn't that make the overclockers underpowered (for the public), instead?

So many people are used to this mod already, and like the design aspect of 'Oh, upgraded machine! Sweet!' that they don't want to change.
    And then there is more people who don't like the 'Mini-Reactor' design of the new upgrades.

There is a large divide between people who like the new system, and like Adv. Machines. - It's quite the divide, actually.
    (Hope I'm within civil, and out of Al's Industrial Banhammer, range.)

Edit: Personally, I see the overclockers are rather cheap (cost wise)- I just don't like the concept of the upgrades. I'm also in total disagreement with Al on the Induction Furnace- But that's slightly irrelevant.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Yeah the overclockers are end game fun I feel. At low levels meh couple help but still a big drain if you are not jumping into something like geothermal. Not sure if you guys noticed but base machines seem to have also been nerfed a lot. That damn macerator is screaming a forced OC module. It's not even bearable lol.

• Yeah the overclockers are end game fun I feel. At low levels meh couple help but still a big drain if you are not jumping into something like geothermal. Not sure if you guys noticed but base machines seem to have also been nerfed a lot. That damn macerator is screaming a forced OC module. It's not even bearable lol.

Base Machines were nerfed by 30%, actually.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Direwolf20's recent video shows 8 overclockers in a macerator is 50ish EU/tick, and 8 in an electric furnace is ~75 EU/tick.

...Do not want.

• Official Post

I speak for myself, and none other. The fact that they are OP is just my point of view, it doesn't really matter which came first. The way I see it is that you can increase your production VASTLY with an advanced machine and some other stuff, such as the induction furnace. The reason the induction furnace is reasonable is because it is based off of real life to some extent, with real technology, its sensible. Realistically, for the same increase in speed, the power required to make that increase in speed is exponential, which is no different than what the overclockers do.

EDIT: Also I don't see them as end game, in fact in my legit world I made a couple of the overclockers, and it doesn't drain my batboxes much, to get reasonable speeds, it doesn't require mfsu's feeding it constantly, just when you go overboard into the matter of differences in ticks...

• I speak for myself, and none other. The fact that they are OP is just my point of view, it doesn't really matter which came first. The way I see it is that you can increase your production VASTLY with an advanced machine and some other stuff, such as the induction furnace. The reason the induction furnace is reasonable is because it is based off of real life to some extent, with real technology, its sensible. Realistically, for the same increase in speed, the power required to make that increase in speed is exponential, which is no different than what the overclockers do.

EDIT: Also I don't see them as end game, in fact in my legit world I made a couple of the overclockers, and it doesn't drain my batboxes much, to get reasonable speeds, it doesn't require mfsu's feeding it constantly, just when you go overboard into the matter of differences in ticks...

I see we have different views of reasonable. How much ore do you macerate at a time- And how long are you willing to wait for it all to get done?

• Official Post

I macerate quite a lot, I know what it's like, and if you don't like 1 slot, that's what automation via RP/BC/Logistics pipes are for...

• I macerate quite a lot, I know what it's like, and if you don't like 1 slot, that's what automation via RP/BC/Logistics pipes are for...

I use RP2 for mine, personally. The pipes are amazingly smart, auto-shut off, and doesn't drop items. Can even control the time between items, which is nice.

I used Adv. Machines as I could overload 7 Rotatory Macerators quite easily (and for a considerable length of time) using RP2. That's a lot of overclockers and regular macerators- And a considerable EU cost as well.

• I macerate quite a lot, I know what it's like, and if you don't like 1 slot, that's what automation via RP/BC/Logistics pipes are for...

Not that I chime in much, but Really? So now you are advocating that IC2 is not a standalone mod anymore and needs to be use with RP/BC/Logistics pipes? Not having multiple slots (Like the Induction Furnace) makes people have to babysit their Overclocked Machines and just plain takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

While I very much appreciate the effort/time/idea of overclocking and use it currently, would It be so appalling to listen to other peoples views and take them into consideration? At least adding in a upgrade ability for Multiple input/output slots would most closely resemble the induction furnace and still require balancing via the overlockers/transformer upgrades.

Edit: (As A server Operator) Not to mention that the ability of this mod to condense the Solar arrays' into 1 block/1 Tick units greatly reduces the lag and CPU usage on a server is amazing. It would be nice from that aspect to see IC2 add in other advanced forms of power (besides Nuclear) that is more server friendly, as in condensed water mills, etc. Because Right now I have a user that has 300 watermills on a server and everyones framerate drops to below 15 FPS if they are anywhere near that area.

• Official Post

Well if you don't like the water gens, disable them, or buff there output, that's what the config is for. The idea of adding more induction like machine upgrades has been denied multiple times. Also, I never said it wasn't a standalone mod, we don't require it, but it is a lot more convenient, however we are not going to turn into an all in one technical mod, a mod name comes to mind here I won't mention. If you want to be able to run it longer, then install the other mod, otherwise you can deal with manually loading a stack at a time, although I do believe that it was considered to add multiple input/output slots for consecutive loading of materials automatically, but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure.

As far as condensing stuff into less blocks, I personally don't think that will ever happen, although we do need to implement some higher tier, more compact ways of producing energy, though very expensive of course.