[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• CPW we need you man.. Help this get updated please! I'm done even thinking about the silly OC upgrades and junk lol. If someone knows CPW pretty well shoot him a msg and let him know zipp needs help updating this. The sooner we get the word out the better and quicker we'll all have our beloved adv.machines and NOT the bad machines without enough output slots lol. Design flaws for the lose.

And to the person who is butthurt about me saying that the dev was being "uppity" go read his posts.. He is acting this way, he's basically telling everyone to F' off. but yeah I'm done talkin about it. I could care less, adv machines will be updated and I will install it as I always do and enjoy every second of our "OP" machines... rofl

CPW said he was having issues decompiling IC I think.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• CPW we need you man.. Help this get updated please! I'm done even thinking about the silly OC upgrades and junk lol. If someone knows CPW pretty well shoot him a msg and let him know zipp needs help updating this. The sooner we get the word out the better and quicker we'll all have our beloved adv.machines and NOT the bad machines without enough output slots lol. Design flaws for the lose.

And to the person who is butthurt about me saying that the dev was being "uppity" go read his posts.. He is acting this way, he's basically telling everyone to F' off. but yeah I'm done talkin about it. I could care less, adv machines will be updated and I will install it as I always do and enjoy every second of our "OP" machines... rofl

Funnily enough i think the overclocker design is quite nice.

I have pinged Zipp on PM to see how he needs help. I am awaiting his reply. I think Zipp is doing the right thing though - hes trying to break the dependence on the internals of IC2 which is something worth doing.

If I dont hear from Zipp soon I may port 3.1 forward to 1.1 as a temporary measure, but theres no promises, this is Zipps mod, and im not going to usurp him.

• Funnily enough i think the overclocker design is quite nice.

I have pinged Zipp on PM to see how he needs help. I am awaiting his reply. I think Zipp is doing the right thing though - hes trying to break the dependence on the internals of IC2 which is something worth doing.

If I dont hear from Zipp soon I may port 3.1 forward to 1.1 as a temporary measure, but theres no promises, this is Zipps mod, and im not going to usurp him.

I wish I knew more about how things work but from what I gathered each mod maker has to decompile IC and that can be a pain in the ass sometimes :(?

• Official Post

I am a server owner and I feel things like Advanced Machines should have been a part of IC2 in the first place. Advanced solars is one of the best things in any mod for a server owner. The new checks on biome/rain seemed rather silly and being able to condense hundreds of solars into one block is just amazing.

Thank you.

• I am a server owner and I feel things like Advanced Machines should have been a part of IC2 in the first place. Advanced solars is one of the best things in any mod for a server owner. The new checks on biome/rain seemed rather silly and being able to condense hundreds of solars into one block is just amazing.

Thank you.

please dont start this up again.

I am a server owner and I feel things like Advanced Machines should have been a part of IC2 in the first place. Advanced solars is one of the best things in any mod for a server owner. The new checks on biome/rain seemed rather silly and being able to condense hundreds of solars into one block is just amazing.

Thank you.

I personally agree for my server as well. The solar panels are amazing and without it I would have to ban solar panels for server performance period.

please dont start this up again.

Don't start what?

• please dont start this up again.

The main discussion regarding it has been civil- There's other talk that's gotten too hot.

Also, he's a rather large Let's Player, along with being a server host, and even an IC2 tester. He's got a loud voice (...pun intended?). This just proves (more, at least) there is a divide between a lot of players, and the current design plans.

I still request an EV Solar Array. There are people who make thousands, upon thousands, of Solar Panels- If not forced down due to the server not being able to handle it. Infact, xKillerBees, didn't you have to toggle people down, and then limit the amount on your server due to just so many solar panels?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Indeed - these arrays seem to be the one thing almost all sides can agree on!
    Whatever reason one might have to think that solars are bad, this mod addresses it - the output is perfectly commensurate with the materials (that is to say, it is neither more nor less expensive than the basic IC solars of equivalent output) and it reduces the amount of eNet calculations, which reduces lag.

It's beyond me to see how anyone can reasonably disapprove.

• While true, it seems this discussion is pointless, except for saying "Go Zipp! these are awesome!"

I refer to ->

As far as condensing stuff into less blocks, I personally don't think that will ever happen, although we do need to implement some higher tier, more compact ways of producing energy, though very expensive of course.

• Indeed - these arrays seem to be the one thing almost all sides can agree on!
    Whatever reason one might have to think that solars are bad, this mod addresses it - the output is perfectly commensurate with the materials (that is to say, it is neither more nor less expensive than the basic IC solars of equivalent output) and it reduces the amount of eNet calculations, which reduces lag.

It's beyond me to see how anyone can reasonably disapprove.

Yeah machines are a bonus but the only thing I give 2 fucks really about is the compressed solar arrays. They are a must!

• Quick question while I wait this out. Theres little info on the wiki about the new upgrades and I was curious. How high do they stack? Also theres 4 upgrade slots in the pics and 3 upgrades, does that mean yuo could have 2 full stacks of 1? The main reason I ask is because the only thing I will likely use the upgrades for is a snowman powered recycler. Atm I have masses of recyclers being fed by 1 snowman, or rows of block breakers, and hoping to be able to switch it up to 1 recycler with upgrades.

*edit. Actually I agree with above about needing an extreme voltage solar panel :p I currently have 6 HV panels and each day I get together enough mats with UU to make at least 1 more! And ofc with a new panel, every day I can get more. We already have a solar panel factory on server (insert mats, get out solar panels) so its only a matter of time until we get solar panel powered mass fabs producing solar panels constantly, and then we're all doomed...

• Quick question while I wait this out. Theres little info on the wiki about the new upgrades and I was curious. Also theres 4 upgrade slots in the pics and 3 upgrades, The main reason I ask is because the only thing I will likely use the upgrades for is a snowman powered recycler. Atm I have masses of recyclers being fed by 1 snowman, or rows of block breakers, and hoping to be able to switch it up to 1 recycler with upgrades.

How high do they stack?

does that mean yuo could have 2 full stacks of 1?
    4 Stacks of one, if you so wish.

Overclockers cause the speed to increase by 1.3 times, and energy consumption to increase by 1.5 times, per upgrade, and can lead to insane EU usage. There will even reach a point where your recycler will use more EU making the scrap then the scrap would give you (even in a Mass Fabricator). (Granted, the Recycler would move stuff through faster then 100 Snowmen Block Breaking set-ups could produce, but it would be a loss in EU.)

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• How high do they stack?

does that mean yuo could have 2 full stacks of 1?
    4 Stacks of one, if you so wish.

Overclockers cause the speed to increase by 1.3 times, and energy consumption to increase by 1.5 times, per upgrade, and can lead to insane EU usage. There will even reach a point where your recycler will use more EU making the scrap then the scrap would give you (even in a Mass Fabricator). (Granted, the Recycler would move stuff through faster then 100 Snowmen Block Breaking set-ups could produce, but it would be a loss in EU.)

Oh right I see I never thought about the EU loss. Because of the lag of my 150 block breakers and recyclers atm I was considering going for a scrapless pure power production but the advanced recyclers seamed ideal to sort it. Are your numbers sound? 1.5x power increase? I could dome some maffing (:p) and figure out how much I could handle before it becomes lossy. Mass fabs make UU with 166k I think when scrapped up. No wait it wouldnt be about that I think. Cause we would need to work out eu/tick. My income during the day is currently around 6k, and at night only 3k. hmmm.

• Oh right I see I never thought about the EU loss. Because of the lag of my 150 block breakers and recyclers atm I was considering going for a scrapless pure power production but the advanced recyclers seamed ideal to sort it. Are your numbers sound? 1.5x power increase? I could dome some maffing (:p) and figure out how much I could handle before it becomes lossy. Mass fabs make UU with 166k I think when scrapped up. No wait it wouldnt be about that I think. Cause we would need to work out eu/tick. My income during the day is currently around 6k, and at night only 3k. hmmm.

6 Overclockers in an Electric Furnace uses 75 EU/tick (Or close to, I believe.). To get a Recycler REALLY rolling, you would want more.

...Tbh, just make more recyclers.

166,666 EU per UU-Matter with 33 (slightly less, but rounding up for best accuracy) scraps per.

• 4 x HV Solars (under 1.43 obv) gives 1 UU every ~25 seconds without scrap.
    Requires a monumental quantity of resources though :)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• I think part of the issue is people forget what is practical for SMP vs SSP

What ever the balance between A and B is valid if we all had cray super computers to run minecraft servers on.

What is cool is versus what actually works is a big difference.

Its like the upgraded solar panel argument, condense is the better word for it.

Not to mention that Recyclers + Cobble Gen + Mass Fab = Exploit

People are forced to make this crap because they feel the need to compete with either their ego or everyone else on the server.

Everyone knows how to make a infinite cobble gen
    Everyone knows that you can turn anything into scrap randomly with more power
    Everyone knows that you can make a Mass Fab go faster with scrap

Seriously why can't IC2 just get rid of the recycler and make a Normal Mass Fab like we have no with no scrap slot and a ADV version that operates at the rate of a Mass Fab with scrap but with the power requirements of mass fab plus a recycler. Then we wont have all the cobble jerks on all the servers slowing things down.

• If server owners really want to help prevent that "race" the config has a very simple sulotion

Code
    # List of blocks and items which should not be turned into scrap by the recycler. Comma separated, format is id-metadata
       recyclerBlacklist=102, 280, 332, 220

simply add cobble stone to the list and a cobble gen is useless (though adding moonstone and/or sand) might be needed as well) the only down side of this is that it does make so one of the god things about the recycle goes away; where to throw your spare useless stuff