[AddOn v1.15] Advanced Solar Panel 1.2

• the solution is to use buildcraft and make small chains of autoworkbenches which automatically produce large amounts of commonly used materials for crafting.

• So do you think the solar panel is overpowered after crafting them? Do you think they were worth the effort of making?

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• So do you think the solar panel is overpowered after crafting them? Do you think they were worth the effort of making?

They are a HUGE pain to craft but even with that, I am now charging a MSFU as fast as it can decharge, and its on the the set it and forget setups. I would suggest keep the crafting the way it is and reduce the daytime EU output down to 4 (keep the night time 1/eu). At that point they are still awesome to have but its not an item that is a "must" early on but you would sometime or another make a few even if its just for your remote off the wall bases that dont need a lot of power.

Edit: On a side note you could make these items even more "endgame" by adding Iridium plates into the crafting recipe. THAT would have stopped me from making a whole stack because I do not have enough plates on this map yet,

• Official Post

I like the idea of reducing it to 4eu and 1 at night. It balances it very well with the current material cost. I always thought that higher tier items should be a smaller reward for more work put into it. Take the technology market for example. If you're buying a graphics card, you can spend £200 on a mega graphics card, but you could also spend £400 on a mega-mega graphics card. There's no way in hell you'll get a 100% increase in performance though. More likely about 10%. I don't know if I explained that very well, but I hope you get the point.

In reference to using iridium platings, bear in mind that these cost 7 million EU per plate. Would take a long time to justify the cost. I think halving the current daytime output would produced a perfectly balanced item. :)

• you have to rememeber, it includes diamonds, so that alone should up the rating. I personally think 8 is low enough.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• That's like saying this is overpowered because it produces a near identical output of energy as nuclear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8vuMDY6hY

There's a reason why each energy generation type works the way it does: So you aren't forced to use specific energy generating reactors just to run your machines...

(And yes, it's a legit build. Took too damn long to build in comparison with my first one, but it is twice the size as the original... so meh...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• That's like saying this is overpowered because it produces a near identical output of energy as nuclear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8vuMDY6hY

There's a reason why each energy generation type works the way it does: So you aren't forced to use specific energy generating reactors just to run your machines...

(And yes, it's a legit build. Took too damn long to build in comparison with my first one, but it is twice the size as the original... so meh...)

I m confused. Do you like that the advanced solar panel produces 8/1 at the current cost or do you want to see it produce more or less?

--T.E. Lawrence

• I m confused. Do you like that the advanced solar panel produces 8/1 at the current cost or do you want to see it produce more or less?

I think it's fine the way it is... I still have the 11EU/t version because personally, 11% sunlight efficentcy is realistic in terms of what we do have available to us.. (Highest grade so far is 13%, where plants get 30% energy yield from light)...

I just think it's funny how the nuclear boys want to shout 'OP' just because we have something to match their system in terms of energy production. You don't like it? I don't like Uranium...

Deal with it.. 8)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I think it's fine the way it is... I still have the 11EU/t version because personally, 11% sunlight efficentcy is realistic in terms of what we do have available to us.. (Highest grade so far is 13%, where plants get 30% energy yield from light)...

I just think it's funny how the nuclear boys want to shout 'OP' just because we have something to match their system in terms of energy production. You don't like it? I don't like Uranium...

Deal with it.. 8)

Well then you will be happy to know that I will be going back to my original 11/1 as the default setting. I can do this because I have also implemented changing the the day and night output from the config file. So for those that want 4/1 they can change it in the config file to that. For those that want 8/1 same thing and so on and so forth. Though I will be limiting the max to 16/8 and if you try and put something bigger than that it will go back down to 16/8. I was going to release this version this weekend however I think I m going to wait until IC2 updates to 1.8.1 and I can check and make sure that this add on will still work.

--T.E. Lawrence

• Thankyou, I think I will like the config file. By the way, your sprite is really good, and fits well. I find a lot of modders don't make very good sprites :/

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• Meh, every time you send down a miner you get 1 ore on average.
    soon it just builds up even if you have like 3 Mark I's running constantly

• my mine just recently pulled up 5 URANIUM. 5. I was quite surprised. Anyways, if you get uranium every time you plunk that bad boy down, you quickly amass quite a bit.

• Waiting patiently for 1.15, I am going to be using these extensively once updated for my mining outposts to be self-powering.

• Just just awesome man love it. already have a few and cant w8 for the update I will start making more.
    Great job keep up the good work ;)

• FAYI:
    current advanced solar technology has reached a peak with ultra thin solar panels made from polymers (instead of metallic foil) attaining a record of 17.1% efficiency.
    so I think that 12/4 isnt too unrealistic considering the resource cost.
    Note: I havent used this mod at all yet because I am waiting on the suggestion of solar halfblock panels providing power to a central hub generator suggestion

• I promise guys I m working on it. The IC2 team has changed around the file structure and a number of the methods that I use. On top of that I just don't have a lot of free time right now with relocating and all.

--T.E. Lawrence

• So... it isn't out for IC 1.15? Darn, this is a good addon. I've always thought that there should be more advanced energy generation methods. Keep up the good work. :Solar Panel: * :Energy Crystal: = awesome!

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.