[Suggestion] "Personal Doors" and "Obsidiamond plating"

• How about doors (made out of, say, Reinforced stone) that only open with the player that placed them there opens it. Also, completely indestructible; comparable to a door version of a personal chest.

And while we're on the subject of indestructable things, perhaps near industructable blocks (like reinforced stone, but with the blast resistance of Obsidian (or bedrock) and can't be removed except by a the player who placed it using a wrench. Maybe crafted from a Diamond surrounded by 8 Obsidian = 8 Obsidiamond plating (prononced "Ob-sid-I'M-ond"). (I copyright that word btw. For use by Alblaka and his team only. :P)

What I'm getting at here is: advanced plating from which to create invincible (or highly secure) factories for SMP, and to seal nuclear reactors from the rest of your build. (Not that any of you will tempt fate with supercharging those bombs-to-be).

• Personal doors= good idea.
    Obsidiandiamond whatever blocks= bad idea. We already have reinforced stone. And there was a suggestion for Iridium reinforced stone, which was basically the same thing without the wrenching part. And having it be only removable by the person who would place it would require an EXTREMELY large personalblocks.ssav file. NTM the easy-griefing ability it would grant. Surrounding a chest in it would make it impossible for the chests to be used. And you could abuse it so easily because there are so few uses for diamonds other than energy/lapotron crystals. And if you do any large amounts of mining, you end up with several stacks of diamonds. Which means you have no more need for diamond. Which means you just run around placing this stuff randomly in the world and pissing people off. Personal chests at least take a bit to make. And take some time to make.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• My issue with reinforced stone is: It doesn't feel reinforced.
    It comes apart like paper when you use a drill on it, and it doesn't do much to stop a nuclear explosion unless you have more than 3 layers of it (which is a lot; ~(9x9x9 - 3x3x3) = ~700 reinforced stone to cover a reactor with 3 layers. More if you want to surround it by water.)

Ok, how about this then: Increase the mining time (and possibly blast resistance) of reinforced stone. For the resources that go into it, I'd rather just mine Obsidium with a Diamond Drill then use up precious iron to create blocks of re. stone.

OR

Decrease the blast strength of Nuclear explosions so that Obsidium/Re.Stone can actually bear the brunt of an explosion, and I don't end up losing all my nearby machines/life/cool building.

(These are of course suggestions, not demands :P)

• Iridium Reinforced Stone suggestion. Basically everything-proof stone. That takes a REALLY LONG TIME to mine. And can be pushed by pistons so you can have a reservoir of it to have a chamber self-rebuild.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Iridium Reinforced Stone suggestion. Basically everything-proof stone. That takes a REALLY LONG TIME to mine. And can be pushed by pistons so you can have a reservoir of it to have a chamber self-rebuild.

Exactly that. Something almost as hard as bedrock, but movable with pistons as to make piston doors and such.
    Key points:
    -Takes a REALLY long time to mine no matter the tool. Think Iron pickaxe on Obsidian long (unless I'm thinking wrong and that's impossible >.>).
    -Moveable by pistons
    -Blast resistant (to the point of being actually capable of withstanding a nuclear blast at the cost of itself, with no other damage to outside)

Hell, you could increase the cost too, or just create the "Obsidiamond plating" I stated initially. Just lookin' for a stronger material!

• Why can't we have a hard material that is *NOT* movable by pistons? It's a bit silly that any player with a sticky piston can break trough any wall just like that ...

Edit: I think breaking obby with anything but diamond takes about one minute :)

• Just so you guys know obsidian has been massively nerfed by alblaka it is under 1% of its normal strength (8000) in IC2 (60) which is only twice that of wood (30)
    reinforced stone is (100) so a simple solution is to change reinforced stone up some (maybe to 360) so that it can better resist explosion and also upgrade obsidian to say (180) it was nerfed simply because no one was using re stone because they could really easily mine and use obsidian instead

• Just so you guys know obsidian has been massively nerfed by alblaka it is under 1% of its normal strength (8000) in IC2 (60) which is only twice that of wood (30)
    reinforced stone is (100) so a simple solution is to change reinforced stone up some (maybe to 360) so that it can better resist explosion and also upgrade obsidian to say (180) it was nerfed simply because no one was using re stone because they could really easily mine and use obsidian instead

Ah, ok. THAT makes sense. I like the idea of upping the strength of both, making reinforced stone the strength of natural Obsidian, and obsidian a lesser, but still decent value.Or better yet, including Obsidian in the cost of Reinforced stone (or a like material). But if you REALLY want us to use Reinforced stone, it needs to fill the function Obsidian has lost, imo.

(In regards to the pistons, Obsidian is immovable by them. Simply place a layer of it behind the wall you are building, or use it to begin with. ALSO: If you make your piston doors correctly, another piston can't push the door portion anyway, since the door piston will be extended.
    )

• this is exactly where dummy constructions and stealth forts come in 8) or just a Force Field around a base

MinecraftChicken is yummy
    MinecraftCow is mooey
    MinecraftPig is oinky
    :Mining Laser: is pewy
    MinecraftCreeper is EXPLOSIVE!!
    RUN AWAY!!

• Official Post

Pleae don't judge Block Hardness by it's raw value.

The "vanilly" resistance of Obsidian is beyond any limits, requiring an explosive power of over 9000 (and that's actually the truth), whereas we currently noticed the Reactor causes crashes if his explosion exceeds 250F, due to it destroying unloaded chests within dungeons. Obsidian is extremely cheap to obtain (heck, lava can be found in big seas commonly) and with Mining Drill not even hard to mine.
    Reinforced Stone got a reasonable Resistance, holding off any normal explosives and even stopping basic nukes and reactors with a few cells (thus most basic MARK-I designs you will want to have within your base). If you want to create high-concentrated and blast-shieldeed Reactors, you of course will need multiple layers of RStone. But imho that's entirely reasonable.

@Personal Door:
    This would exclusively make sense if i add a "Indestructible Wall" thingy, with Personal Block attitudes.
    Not joking, it IS possible, however, there is a BIIIIG performance problem:
    Personal Blocks MUST use TE's. Thus every wall-block placed would consume CPU like a inactive furnace.
    To use the blocks in any real way, people would create large bases ENTIRELY consisting of these blocks.
    Assuming you build a med-sized 32³ base, this would mean over 32000 Furnaces. This alone will probably slow down any server.
    If you consider playing on a server with other people, and a few guys build these bases = Dead server.

• You could use dark matter blocks, from EE, recuiring 144 diamonds per block.... haha ha. ha...... ha.

Perhaps someone could create a crossover mod between IC2 and EE allowing for Industrial Diamonds to be used in the recipes?

• exchange is extremely retarded mod, ability to convert stones into diamonds for free - lol.

Well, at least we know you haven't used it, because It takes a metric fuck-ton of stone to make a single diamond. Lets see, 512 cobble per diamond. I see, that is 100%y free, I agree with you, NOT.

• Official Post

Well, at least we know you haven't used it, because It takes a metric fuck-ton of stone to make a single diamond. Lets see, 512 cobble per diamond. I see, that is 100%y free, I agree with you, NOT.

I had a similar impression until I tried it. It's not as unbalanced as you might think. I just think it becomes unbalanced when you bring in other mods. I think I'll be playing without it from now on, as once you figure out a few key tricks, it kinda spoils the game a bit. Still, I love EE. :)

• EE allow you to:

get fstone
    get macerator
    get single ore
    get furnace

single ore into dust dust into iron

backconvert iron into ore with fstone

repeat

unlimited iron

in singleplayer is OK and funny, in SMP this will ruin economy in 1-2 days.

such methods allow to get bmatter blocks in hours completely "legal".

ee is retarded, 100500 recipes for everything is fun only in ssp.

• ^this. I wouldn't use retarded though.

It is indeed fun to try in SP, but way to easy in combination with IC. Especially for SMP.

• AFAIK:
    the author is quite aware of this exploit and has nerfed the iron > glowstone conversion rate:
    1 iron bar : 3 glowstone dust 4 glowstone BLOCKS = 1 iron ore now it is no longer exploitable
    and as "for free" how long would it take you with a diamond drill to mine 512 cobblestone (thats 8 stacks)
    and then there is the frantic frenzy of crafting to account for

it turns out that it is ~1/8th as resource intensive to make industrial diamonds