[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Looks like that might be a place to start?

well i fond out it was BC that did it but why is that dire can have bc and mffs mod but a cant why??? and i uninstalled Bc 1 by 1 and fond that this mod is not compadib ;(

• in the ModularForceFieldSystem.cfg you can adjust the cooling values
    Default:

reaktorheatcontrolice=100 -heat
    reaktorheatcontrollava=100 +heat
    reaktorheatcontrolwater=50 -heat

Unfortunately changing these Values in the config file does not have any effect (Beta 6pre3_2).

This seems to be caused by the default Values beeing hardcoded in
    TileEntityReaktorCooler.class
    in the methods
    private void reactorcooler(TileEntityNuclearReactor tileEntity)
    and
    private void reactorheater(TileEntityNuclearReactor tileEntity)

Plus i think You would need to rewrite the logik that evaluates if it needs to consume a block to work with the dynamic values from the config.

Also it would be cool to be able to run the Reactor Cooler without needing a Reactor Containment block
    (which also needs to be active atm).

Keep up the good work!

regards, byte

• 8|8| right .. I'll need to quick modify once

• Two things:

Firstly, a bug report -- I've altered the values in my configuration to increase the power drain (I prefer 0.1 EU/t over 0.1 EU/s), so my forcefieldblockcost is at 20. However, I'm now noticing that force fields aren't turning off when out of power anymore (I was watching the force power value, it went from 120 to 0 on a forcefield that should've cost 200 FP to maintain (10 blocks)).

My personal guess is that you have an == where you should have a <=, and I would've looked at the source code to try to give you a place to look, but couldn't find any source and I don't want to decompile... which leads to my question:

You mention in the OP that you've published the source code, but neither a quick look through this thread nor a quick google search found anything. Would you mind *linking* to this published source code?

Overall, I'm pleased with the modular force field system, aside from the costs (which I can alter in my config). You've done an excellent job creating these and I thank you.

EDIT: Good news, everyone: on further testing, the bug only seems to occur with the directional projector (area projector untested). On the other hand, it happens with as little as a one-block forcefield. Small leftover bug from an earlier refactoring?

• expensive because of avoid explosions damage and can use for auto Breeder ... my logic make sense 8) this is for me the essential.

hehe, i see you took credit for the "balancing thread" in nuclear engineering.

its not "your" logic :P its my logic haha. (wel partialy yours and partialy mine) ;p

for those who wander wtf is he talking about... here ya go:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=446

overal impresion so far:
    balance seems an bit off on effectivenes of individual coolants, heater seems fine to me.
    i rarely use this in my reactors thou, i prefer open cold Force feeded ice reactors. never blew up on me before, and probably never wil.

the reactor containment field:
    verry nice, i tested this with an full load of uranium inside. blocked the blast verry wel,
    on the other hand, i did notice an few pieces of dirt being blown up by the blast.

ceep up the good work ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Version 1.2 Beta6pre3_2 build for MC 1.2.3 und IC 1.81 nothing more, nothing less

• This mod crashes the game :(

Here is the crash report :

• Hello all im just stopping by to post a crash i get when ever i place the nuclear reactor containment core onto my nuclear chambers i get this recurring crash

Heres my crash report

Any ideas why this is crashing like this? Can anyone tell me what this code error is saying? :P Also if this is a commonly asked question or problem sorry about that didnt see this exact error any were and wanted to make sure and get it out there. Until i find a fix ill just stick with solar power, but i would like to get some nuclear power going soon and this mod would sure help out with that . Any way thx for any help in advance and as always keep up the awesome work :)

• Installed it and no change :(
    Got to wait the next version ...

P.S: Imanaged to make it work only partially : The recipes don' t work , only these for the cards, not the blocks, damnit...
    Wait to the next version...
    Again...

• mod_IC2 v1.71
    mod_ModularForceFieldSystem 1.1 Beta 5_1

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: heat

Try a newer version of MFFS, or the hotfix from the first post, AFAIK IC2 1.70 changed something in reactor handling that breaks earlier versions.

java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class

The crash report isn't really useful as it doesn't specify what class has the error. Errors like that mostly happen from version incompatibilities or collisions between base-mods.
    Random guess: Try updating Millenaire.
    If that fails, try removing mods untill you find the one that causes it.

Try installing Java (JRE) 1.7

I really hate people randomly suggesting that, there IS a reason that Java 7 is still in developer preview phase and not officially released to end users by Sun. Updating to 1.7 can't and won't fix your random MC mod problems and can cause even more problems.

• May i ask were the hotfix goes? mods file? or does its contents go into the .minecraft?

Edit: Never mind the V6betapre fixed it for me so all is good :) now time for some nuclear fun :O thx all!

• I'm having some weird issues with the 1.2.3 version (actually not sure if it's new, as i mostly used the reactor shielding stuff before and didn't get to play much with the other projectors)

Setup: Area projector with dome upgrade, tube projector set to go intersect one of the sides of the dome field, to create a passage.

Issue 1: The tube projector is working even outside the range of the core/injector. On the core it correctly shows only 1 active connection but the projector still recieves power and shows that it's connected to the core.

Issue 2: Blocks from the area field removed by the tube aren't recreated when the tube projector is turned off. This sometimes gets fixed if i flip the area projector on/off, but...

Issue 3: Once i managed to make them permanently disappear, so that turning on/off, quitting the game, etc still didn't bring them back. Couldn't reproduce it, so not sure what's up with that. At that point i removed the area projector and replaced it, which gave me...

Issue 4: Now the area projector wouldn't work at all on the same radius as before no field produced at all. Setting it to a different radius or placing in a different location worked fine.

Tested with: MC 1.2.3 SSP, IC2 1.81, MFFS 6pr3_2, Forge 1.4.1.59, Optifine HD_MT_B ,Advanced machines original 1.2 (not sure if it could interfere with MFFS, listing just in case), some unrelated forge mods.

• I really hate people randomly suggesting that, there IS a reason that Java 7 is still in developer preview phase and not officially released to end users by Sun. Updating to 1.7 can't and won't fix your random MC mod problems and can cause even more problems.

Word of warning: because of my immature reaction below this line, it may be possible the part below that isn't read objectively and constructively anymore!

<immature>
    Me: Yes, because I try to be helpful, it's random spam... Ow wait... Maybe I had a reason?
    You: Nah, im better then everyone else is! (I hate them, see above) Ow wait...
    </immature>

It would be more constructive if you had written something like: "Dear Triblade, thanks for the suggestion but I would advise against it because Java (JRE) 1.7 is still in developer preview phase and not officially released to end users by Sun. So please do not use Java 1.7 until it has been officially released and supported by Mojang/Minecraft and this mod. Using your solution could potentially create more problems then it potentially can solve."

And my reaction to the hypothetical sentence above:
    The JRE 1.7 install did help a few people in the past and I had this solution from another post on the forums. So it may not be for everyone, but if it helps people without reported consequences, why not?

• I seeing thw latests 2 error logs are not using a updated version of Forge (that is making a lot of bugs lately)

minecraftforge-client-1.4.1.61 in the last client I have, at last I manage to fit all the top technological mods without crashing and wonky effects.

IC2, BC, RP, Forestry, Compact solars addon, Adv machines addon. I just update the Forge without need to reinstall all from zero (is not crashing or buggin atm, but I suggest have more backups just in case) like drag and drop all the files inside the jar (the Forge files not the mods!).

Now I gonna check if this addon fits with the last forge build (minecraftforge-client-1.4.1.61)

Edit: oh I manage to change all id problems manually, I suggest use Notepad++ (free, open source and supports a lot of file types), cause the default constant use of notepad (win 7) corrupt couple of times my config files making more crashes.
    Silly me, this is not using Forge, I can´t waste 17IDs for just one feature :s

• on modularForceFieldSystemV1.2Beta6pre3_2i can see the mffs on NEI and i can spawn them, but i can't craft them? the recipes are not showing on craftguide and NEI.

im using MC 1.2.3,IC2 1.81 and Forge 1.4.1.61.

• on modularForceFieldSystemV1.2Beta6pre3_2i can see the mffs on NEI and i can spawn them, but i can't craft them? the recipes are not showing on craftguide and NEI.

im using MC 1.2.3,IC2 1.81 and Forge 1.4.1.61.

Because is not compatible with Forge, read the name again and you will not see a "Forge" tag in first place, the autor must make a fix with the running Forge (hard atm cause forge is not pretty stable atm, you can check the fact are nearly all days a new version)

I just not using this mod cause it eat a lot of Ids

• Because is not compatible with Forge, read the name again and you will not see a "Forge" tag in first place, the autor must make a fix with the running Forge (hard atm cause forge is not pretty stable atm, you can check the fact are nearly all days a new version)

I just not using this mod cause it eat a lot of Ids

Huh? IC2 (and all it's plugins) requires forge. NEI works with forge just fine.