[IC2 Exp][TR][1.7.10][1.12.2] CompositeGear - Finally ported to 1.12.2!

• High-tech materials like [Advanced Alloy] (IC2 wiki link) open big possibilties in making durable weapons and armor. Sad fact that IC2 itself don't add any composite armor except [Composite Armor West] (Chestplate). This addon was created to fix this annoying issue and add at least full set of this armor.

NOTE: This is IC2 Experimental addon! Currently I did nothing for compatability with IC2 Classic.

NOTE: Since 1.12.2 this mod is also TechReborn addon. IC2 or TR aren't strictly required. Feel free to choice between these great mods or you can use it with both at the same time. :D

(ingame screenshot, yes armor is colorable)

Items & Recipes:

[Composite Armor]

Description:

All parameters taken from IC2 composite armor. It makes this armor even better than diamond. It is something between diamond and nano armor. Maybe even better than nano. And it is not a fail that Chestplate was readded in addon. I specially created my own item that can be colored.

Parameters:

• Head: +3 protection
    • Body: +9 protection
    • Legs: +6 protection
    • Feet: +3 protection
    • Enchantability: 12

[Composite Sword]

Description:

It is very durable sword. Even more durable than [Diamond Sword]. But deals damage like iron sword because not sharp enough.

Parameters:

• Durability: 1800
    • Damage: +6
    • Enchantability: 13

[Composite Bow]

Description:

Almost unbreakable bow. It has 2K points of durability while vanilla wooden bow have just 384. Damage same to vanilla [Bow].

Just try to break it!

Parameters:

• Durability: 2000
    • Enchantability: 15

[Composite Dagger]

Description:

Small and very cheap composite knife. Have damage like vanilla [Wooden Sword] but 10 times more durable.

Parameters:

• Durability: 600
    • Damage: +4
    • Enchantability: 13
    • [1.12.2+] Attack Speed: 3.2

RESPIRATORS

Description:

Respirators provide same functionality as IC2 [Scuba Helmet], so they can refil your oxygen level with [Compressed Air Cell].

But they are more efficient. It means you need less cells.

Player can have 300 oxygen points (one bubble - 30 points). IC2 scuba wastes capsule when oxygen level is <= 100.

Even low-tier respirator consumes cells more efficient.

[Respirator Half-Mask]

[Respirator Mask]

[Composite Respirator Mask]

Permissions:

1. You are not allowed republish the mod on any other sites without providing link to Curse project page or my IC2 forum thread.

2. You can include this mod into any modpack. Don't ask me.

But if you publish your modpack somewhere it could be cool if you include link to project page just to let people come here to read some information about this addon.

Links:

Project Page: CurseForge (obviously here you can download the modification)

Source Code: GitHub

NOTE: On GitHub in releases section you can find mod versions for downloading if Curse won't work for some reason. :D

Also there you can find the full CHANGELOG. I don't post changelog here because it is a l-o-o-o-t of text

I don't know for that this field. Just placeholder text here to fill it.

Edited 14 times, last by zcaliptium: Update the description. ().

• Isn't that already a thing in 1.10.2 maybe even 1.7.10?

I don't know anything about changes in IC2 Exp for 1.8+. And in latest build of IC2 Exp for 1.7.10 here is no these things.

I play only on 1.7.10 because GregTech and some other mods stuck at this version.

• @zcapliptium well play 1.12 and make mods for 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12 as well.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• @zcapliptium well play 1.12 and make mods for 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12 as well.

Heh guys. I found some time on holidays and downloaded 1.10.2 and 1.12.2. And installed there Forge, IC2 and some other basic mods.

So... There is only [Composite Armor Vest] :Composite Armor: in NEI items list, but no other parts. No composite armor pants, or boots, or helmet.

• Umm your number of points says you got only 11 points for some odd reason.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Bump! (I hope nobody will kick me for doing it)

Damn, because I did direct port from 1.7.10 to 1.12.2 without porting to any of versions between. Let everyone who need see and check it. :)

• Official Post

Nice to see addons being updated still :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Nice to see addons being updated still :)

Some people asked me... So why not? :D

Thank you for support. )

But I still wondering why in IC2 even on versions for 1.12.2 in 2k18 things like [Advanced Alloy Plate] and [Carbon Plate] ARE NOT registered in OreDictionary. It forced me write workaround like IC2IngredientFactory class which deals with IC2 API.