Suggestions Thread

• Official Post

Since most suggestion threads are as ancient as the beta days of MC, I decided to make this freshly pinned thread for new suggestions.

I'll start:

Hotspring Water

1. Ability to use hotspring water in the steam boiler (with calcification rates between water and distilled water).
    2. Less heating required to boil hotspring water to steam, since it's warmer than (distilled) water.

Oxygen

1. Instead of metal uranium and plutonium fuel pellets, you have to oxidize them (in the fluid canning machine). This would make sense, since MOX stands for Mixed Oxide fuel.
    2. Usage of oxygen in blast furnaces: the higher oxygen content could help to speed up the production of steel.

Hydrogen

1. Possibly as an alternative form of energy storage. Of course it is not 100% efficient unlike storing it in a batbox/CESU/MFE/MFSU, but it can be used in a fuel cell to generate electricity or burned in a (semifluid) generator for heat.

Pahoehoe Lava

1. Convert it into a block resource (Basalt/Obsidian) or infuse it into Lava using magma (from the addon IC2Magma) in a fluid canning machine.

Steam Turbine (item)

1. Rename the Steam Turbine (item) to Turbine rotor, as it seems illogical to put a Steam Turbine (item) in a Steam Turbine (block). This was suggested by Su5eD, but due to a small mishap with threads merging, I write it down here instead.

Steam Repressurizer

1. Add a heat texture to the steam repressurizer block to make it clear that this block requires heat to work. (Su5eD).

Metal Armors/Tools Recycling

1. Recycle/salvage basic armor and tools (non-electric, vanilla-style) into their base components: i.e. melt golden gear into gold ingots/nuggets. Non-metal materials would have to be cut (leather) or pulverized (diamonds). What use do you have for these loot items anyway when you have nanosuit/quantum?

Condenser

1. Allow the usage of higher tier vents to speed up the condensation rate. Sometimes 3 condensors on 1 steam turbine won't cut it.
    2. OR: allow the piping in of water or ice to cool down the steam like a surface condenser.
  • Rename the Steam Turbine (blades) to Turbine blades, as it seems illogical to put a Steam Turbine (item) in a Steam Turbine (block). This was suggested by Su5eD, but due to a small mishap with threads merging, I write it down here instead.

Isn't there already a "steam turbine blade" item? That you use three of to get the "steam turbine" (item)? Renaming it to "turbine blades" would re-target the confusion instead of eliminating it. I think Su5eD also mentioned "turbine rotor" as a possibility, which would better alleviate the confusion, or perhaps the block could be renamed instead.

That must have been it, forgot what Su5ed suggested before I edited his post here. Fixed it now.

• I think that a few recipes could use a little adjustment. Namely, the electric furnace.

Would make more sense if it required a coil:

x :Resin: x

:Glass Fibre: :Advanced Furnace: X

:Copper Dust: :Electronic Circuit: :Copper Dust:

Where :Resin: = coil, :Glass Fibre: = tin cable, :Advanced Furnace: = iron furnace, :Copper Dust: = Redstone, :Electronic Circuit: = circuit

The MV transformer could use coils too:

X :Cable: X

:Resin::Advanced Machine::Resin:

X :Cable: X

Where :Resin: = coil, :Cable: = copper cable, :Advanced Machine: = basic machine casing

EDIT: not quite finished yet

Pumps have a weird recipe. Why use pistons when IC2 has motors?

LV-Pump

:Iridium: X :Iridium:

:Cable::Sticky Dynamite::Glass Fibre:

:Iridium: X :Iridium:

where :Cable: = copper cable, :Iridium: = iron item casing, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = small bronze pipe

MV-Pump

:Intergrated Plating: X :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: X :Intergrated Plating:

where :Cable: = gold cable, :Intergrated Plating: = steel item casing, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = medium steel pipe

Also i suggest a HV-Pump to make full use of the large steel pipe with 9600mb/sec

X :Industrial Credit: X

X :Electronic Circuit: X

where :Cable: = iron cable, :Industrial Credit: = steam turbine blade, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = large steel pipe, :Electronic Circuit: = circuit

• Some suggestions I had when I've been automating things (I'm using only IC2)

Batch Crafter

Would be nice to have 2 or 3 different crafting recipes in the same Batch Crafter to save costs in machines and space.

Electric Sorting Machine

If i need to output 2 items (e.g. redstone) from side A for each same item from side B, I mark 2 redstone on side A and 1 on side B BUT if I supply items with a hopper, they go inside the Electric Sorting Machine one by one and all of them go out from the same side.

So it would help to have like a circular queue for repeated items in different routes.

Example:

1. 2 redstone go to side A
    2. The next redstone goes to side B
    3. Repeat 1
    4. Repeat 2
    5. Repeat 1
    6. ...
    7. ...

Circular queue may also be implemented in Batch Crafter if the previous suggestion is implemented.

• I would love for them to allow us to disable radiation effect in config. When playing with other nuclear mods, the radiation effect can be very annoying

• Here's my pile of suggestions:

Enhancements:

1. Add shift-click support for more machines (e.g. compact item buffer). It is annoying to put upgrades in without the ability to shift-click. (Bug report)

2. Add a mode on jetpack to allow jumping instead of flying up when sprinting

Balance issues:

1. Too much gold:

In late game I consider gold as a side product when extracting silver and when producing coal dust via slag. Apart from a few uses in crafting rails, reactor components and golden apples gold isn't used that much. It is when using slag to produce renewable diamonds that created too much gold. For every diamond produced you would get 1.422 gold, which is quite a lot. But given the relatively smaller need for diamonds it is of smaller significance to tweak the current recipes.

2. Too much U-238

The main use of U-238 is to craft MOX rods and get turned into Plutonium. However, given the fact that 27 uranium rods need to be used to produce a single MOX rod, which requires 40.5 uranium ores, this would leave 189 U-238 unused, which can supply the MOX rod for 31.5 cycles, which equals to 3.6458 real life days. This makes it much easier to run self-sustaining MOX reactors in the beginning few days as U-238 can be supplied by excess U-238 when producing the MOX rod itself, avoiding the need to replicate uranium ore. Though this is more or less intentional according to Chocohead, I still think that being able to run for more than 3 days is ridiculous.

3. Fermenter is too powerful

Since biogas balance was "tweaked" in 2.8.36 a single fermenter powered by biogas has become 9 times more powerful compared to previous versions. This makes nuclear components comparatively more expensive as pointed out by Shirolol, and therefore discourages nuclear reactors being used on large scales. Currently biogas based power plants are as powerful as MOX in EU reactors given the same materials, making uranium reactors a lot worse for EU production in terms of the materials needed.

4. Too much sulfur

Currently there are 3 ways to get sulfur:

1) process lead ore

2) extract gunpowder

3) extract netherrack

For anyone that lacks sulfur they can simply go to the nether to mine netherrack and easily get the sulfur they need. Since sulfur is only needed in small quantities for MV tier batteries (and a few other items), a lot is going to be left over especially when a lot of lead ore is processed (e.g. building fluid reactors). Additional uses for sulfur could be useful, such as being an alternative for gunpowder in TNT/firework recipes.

5. Stone dust is almost useless

This has been brought up before, but apparently what Chocohead promised didn't make it into the mod, therefore I'm mentioning it again. Unless you are making explosion-proof structures the only use of it is to be scrapped.

Automation:

1. Add redstone control of fluid flow / item flow in IC2 blocks

Currently I don't think there is a way to control where fluids go in a pipe system with redstone. It would greatly help when a pipe is powered it disconnects with other pipes just like the splitter cable. Similarly if the compact item buffer or the weighted item distributor (which is the IC2 equivalent of item pipes) is powered they stop pulling & ejecting items.

2. Add comparator support for the reactor

There is already a thread that I made about this.

I know there are nuclear control mods, but apart from safety they just ruin the engineering challenge to build an automation system for a reactor. I personally prefer trying to find vanilla solutions of a problem instead of trying to find another mod that solves a problem as other mods usually simplify things and make the game less fun.

New content:

1. Add a block placer

This would make automating boring tasks (e.g. mining redstone ores with a fortune pickaxe/drill) automatable.

2. Add ore processing for redstone, coal and lapis

An alternative solution to the same problem

3. Advanced upgrades

According to Chocohead advanced upgrades are not being supported, but I find this interesting as this is an EU-free alternative of the electric sorting machine. Another possible use of this is to pull out a reactor component with a certain damage.

Misc

1. Allow updating 1.12 worlds to newer versions of MC and (upcoming) IC2

I haven't tested yet whether it is possible to do this, but I would love to continue playing my current survival world in a newer minecraft version without the need to start from scratch again.

This is what I can think of for now. I might edit this to add new ideas that I come up with later.

IC2 reactors has 196,627,050,475,552,913,618,075,908,526,912,116,283,103,450,944,214,766,927,315,415,537,966,391,196,809 (2754) combinations. HAYO!

:Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log::Rubber Log:

My avatar is from a video of Operation Upshot-Knothole.

Edited once, last by KrisBigK: added some suggestions ().