[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• Hang on. No moon makes me kinda sad(the idea of building a moon base complete with a giant frikkin laser to blow up my foes seemed fun), but I have a hunch I know what you're planning to do to make the rockets which could reach the moon still useful...
    Orbital Ion Cannons! I love it! Always wanted to build one, the idea of blowing up foes with a few button presses with a pretty death beam from the sky has always made me happy.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Hang on. No moon makes me kinda sad(the idea of building a moon base complete with a giant frikkin laser to blow up my foes seemed fun), but I have a hunch I know what you're planning to do to make the rockets which could reach the moon still useful...
    Orbital Ion Cannons! I love it! Always wanted to build one, the idea of blowing up foes with a few button presses with a pretty death beam from the sky has always made me happy.

Yeah, I was sorta looking forward to the moon as well.

Orbital Ion Cannons you will have to wait on Alblaka to implement... It is a planned feature of IC² 8)

• Been following this thread since it had only five pages... finally made a user here.

At a scale from one to ten, with ten being best, i would give this addon: OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!

But why cant we have the moon? I wanted to make a nuke base on the moon, for shooting at my friends on earth...

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

Version 0.7 has been released! I've made the following changes:

-Added ion drives, which can be used in reusable passenger rockets and the Autominer. Ion drives consume 50,000EU per use and can hold two full charges - enough to journey into the unknown and return home.
    -Added the mobile auto-miner. This handy device has an internal chest and requires no supervision as it drills down to bedrock, withdraws its pipe, and rockets off to mine elsewhere. Moreover, it can be powered by Lapotrons and has a slot for a Recycler to dispose of unwanted stone! The autominer's jumps take it outward from its original position in a spiral pattern (multiples of nine squares).
    -Major bugfix involving missile rendering - warheads should no longer disappear or show up as saplings.
    -Removed crystal and lapotron batpacks now that the LapPack exists. Installation should be easier now, no need to muck around with the IC2 jar.
    -Changed the booster module recipe to use coalfuel or biofuel cells rather than fuel cans; this should help reduce crafting bugs.

Once exams end on the 20th, I can begin work on SMP support and some multiplayer-oriented features (missile defense laser, radar, etc.). Does anyone object to simply porting this mod to Bukkit?

After the SMP update, I plan to add satellites to Rocket Science - yes, this includes an orbital laser and the mighty Ion Cannon. Less murderous technologies include GPS, a mapping satellite, zoomable spy satellites, and even ground-penetrating radar to help locate ores and underground structures. Once your GPS network is up, you'll be able to see exactly where you are and to target rockets at global coordinates - for example, you can set up multiple bases, store their coordinates, and travel rapidly between them with reusable ion drives. Of course, communicating with your satellites requires quite a bit of infrastructure, which will be a tempting target for your SMP foes...

• Brilliant. :Industrial Diamond: 4 U! Do you have a donate button?

• The new Autominer is great! Just used one on my test world. But I have one question: Why does it output flame particles if it has an ion drive?

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• were can you find the recipe for thermo nuclears ?

They dont have a recipe yet. The things that'll be used to creat them aren't ingame yet, so download TooManyItems if you wanna ruin your world. :Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT:

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I am disappoint that you can't charge Ion rockets via cable. I wanted to be able to shoot between my two bases, and have the rocket land on a automated recharging platform.

Also, this mod does not work at all with Mine Up.

• Hmm love the new flying miner but what happens if you lose track of it? does it have an auto return to home system when it gets low on power and needs a new lapotron crystal?. if not that would be a nice addition to it have it come back to where it started and wait for you to place a new power supply in it then go back to where it left off and keep going. :D right now im in a very dense forest and i run the risk of losing it in the trees lol.

• The things that'll be used to creat them aren't ingame yet, so download TooManyItems if you wanna ruin your world game.

Fixed for you.
    Also, installing TMI will cause you to post bug errors in the BuildCraft forums, no matter what the issue is. Beware.

• Hmm love the new flying miner but what happens if you lose track of it? does it have an auto return to home system when it gets low on power and needs a new lapotron crystal?. if not that would be a nice addition to it have it come back to where it started and wait for you to place a new power supply in it then go back to where it left off and keep going. :D right now im in a very dense forest and i run the risk of losing it in the trees lol.

there's a solution to that one: burn the forest down! :)
    granted that's harder than it used to be now. Anyone like the "old" fire system better? The one that would burn an entire forest down and leave lovely burning logs behind as light sources?
    Hell, i'd be happy if fire would just burn a forest down instead of semi-stupidly self extinguishing.

• Official Post

AgentKid: Thanks for the offer, but I don't even have a PayPal account. I'll hack that diamond into my main world, though! =P

IDN: Good catch. I didn't have time to change the color of the ion drive missile entity or create a new EntityFX class for the plasma trail - next update will fix this.

MagnaPants: Also a good catch. The SMP update will change the nuke code to ignore bedrock.

Maeyanie: If I have trouble (never worked with Bukkit before), I might just take you up on that.

Streetstar: Nope, sorry.

Koboldbard: Making the ion rockets into chargeable blocks would take up another block ID (or two, depending on how I handled the warhead) - the standard missile's TileEntity doesn't implement the energy-accepting interface. Due to inherent limitations in the Minecraft engine, modders have to minimize the number of BlockID's our mods use for compatibility's sake. (Speaking of which, I've never even heard of MineUp and can't be expected to help you without an error log)

Mike: Once the satellite update is released, you'll have the option of telling the autominer to return to specified global coordinates (assuming you've previously launched a GPS satellite). (Alternatively, shooting a couple of incendiary missiles at that forest should get rid of it in a hurry!)

• Followed installation instructions but modloader doesn't load this? What's going on?