[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

• The reason the autominer and peat engine share an ID is because they are from independent mods. Kentington and SirSengir are not required to make sure that they're not using the same ID as another mod, after all.
    In general, it's not too difficult for the user to modify an item or block ID manually - if not in Rocket Science, then definitely in Forestry.

yupyupyup! Aka: This mod isn't the problem, it's ID Resolver.

This mod isn't the problem, it's ID Resolver

Well, it is this mod, as it doesn't allow for automatic property changes which ID Resolver handles. But it's a small manual fix that anyone can do, so long as they understand how: simply reassign the ID's as given from ID Resolver into the main Rocket Science config. file. Really boils down to a bunch of 'Ctrl + F's', 'Ctrl + C's', and 'Ctrl + V's'...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I have installed this addon the way that the Instructions say to, and I can't see any recipes or any of the mod Items. I have tried re-installing RocketScience.jar, and it still doesn't show up. I have tried un-installing Forestry, but to no avail.

Does anyone have a fix to this?

• I have installed this addon the way that the Instructions say to, and I can't see any recipes or any of the mod Items. I have tried re-installing RocketScience.jar, and it still doesn't show up. I have tried un-installing Forestry, but to no avail.

and another one goes "HALP! Borken" with no info.
    We can't help you unless you give us details... *HOW* did you install it? Also need a copy of Modloader.txt (put it in spoiler tags) define: "can't see any recipes" how are you looking for them?

• and another oneorken" with no info.
    We can't help you unless you give us details. goes "HALP! B.. *HOW* did you install it? Also need a copy of Modloader.txt (put it in spoiler tags) define: "can't see any recipes" how are you looking for them?

The ModLoader.txt won't help you as it's just to test if Minecraft can start. And I said how I installed the mod. Extracted the Jar from the .ZIP and stuck it in the Mods folder. The recipes/blocks don't show up in Crafting Guide and NEI. If they do, I can't see em. NEI'S search bar when searching for "Parachute" shows nothing. I spawned the leather and string, put it in a crafting table as told to in the thread, and get no items out of it.
    ModLoader.TXT, just to make you happy. I've cut out most of it, just leaving the "Mod loaded: and things regarding RocketScience."

• hey spotted a little bug in the latest update but donno if you have already been told about this one :)

when you set any type of missile and then go over to creative mode ( using to many items ) to do something can be anything. When you then return and try to puncch in your coordinates you simply punch the booster module away and the warhead stays back hovering in the air, and if you touch the warhead minecraft crashes ;(

easy to avoid probobly only fools doing it :whistling: ( dont punch in coordinates in creative ) but hey might get some crying about it at some point :)

hoping it could help

• Well, it is this mod, as it doesn't allow for automatic property changes which ID Resolver handles. But it's a small manual fix that anyone can do, so long as they understand how: simply reassign the ID's as given from ID Resolver into the main Rocket Science config. file. Really boils down to a bunch of 'Ctrl + F's', 'Ctrl + C's', and 'Ctrl + V's'...

well, this definitely FIX MY EFFIN PROBLEM, and i was a dumb not doing this just because i have id resolver.
    GUYS JUST DO THIS. stop ranting.

=] thanks sir. :thumbup:

Yes, read page 19, 20 and 21. i wrote it five times on those pages. And you're using ID resolver.

Oh and i didnt bother to log in.

• Since I decided not to bother with making a fission reactor, I have a big-ish stock of Uranium taking up space in my chests. Would it be possible to make a machine that takes the water cells and lets the Uranium pumps its neutrons into them to make the Deuterium cells? I also didn't much care for the low ending output of the deuterium extractors, or all the empty cells to manage. I know this isn't quite how it works, Wiki says that's more for Deuterium to Tritium, but this is Minecraft, accuracy need not apply.

I had two ideas on how it would work:

put the uranium cell in the center, have a ring of water cells surround it. Wait a while while the fuel cell ticks its way down to depletion, while the water cells become deuterium ( perhaps with a intermediate stage or something)

The other one is more like a furnace GUI. put uranium in the bottom, water n the top, deuterium comes out the side. It'll consume the whole Uranium to charge the enrichment bar enough to do maybe 8 cells at a time or something.

• Is it possible to pump out the empty cells using like Buildcraft or RedPower 2? I have tried pumping out of the side and bottom to no avail, using a wooden pipe and also the filter/retriever from RP2.

• Is it possible to pump out the empty cells using like Buildcraft or RedPower 2? I have tried pumping out of the side and bottom to no avail, using a wooden pipe and also the filter/retriever from RP2.

If you have AdditionalPipes, use an advanced wooden pipe with the filter set to empty cells.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• If you have AdditionalPipes, use an advanced wooden pipe with the filter set to empty cells.

Thanks for this tip, I didn't try that, was the only thing preventing my setup from continually working.

• First of all i have to say that this addon is the best IC² addon ever!!

But while playing MC yesterday I encountered a bug:

I tried to build a hunt-for-red-october-style russian submarine equipped with nuclear rockets. I built a mechanism which triggers a piston which keeps the rocket compartment safe from the water and moments later the rocket so that the redstone circuit triggering the missile isnt destroyed by the water.

The problem is that the the rocket obviously sees the water as solid blocks which caused the missile to detonate upon touching the first water block resulting in a gigantic explosion destroying most of the surroundings.

I would be very grateful if you could fix this in the next release.

Most epic idea ever implemented in a mod thanks to Alblaka:

Coal --> :Coal Dust: --> :Coalball: --> :Compressed Coal Ball: --> :Coal Chunk: --> :Industrial Diamond:

No more digging at layer 20, always endangered by freaking lava lakes, just chilling and waiting for the diamonds!

• I'm no Rocket Scientist

but I think it would make more sense for the Uranium thing to yield Tritium or Helium-3, which are radioactive, unlike deuterium.

• I'm no Rocket Scientist

but I think it would make more sense for the Uranium thing to yield Tritium or Helium-3, which are radioactive, unlike deuterium.

I know, but then there'd need to be a use for Tritium in the Fusion reactor.
    Although...
    there ARE two fuel slots in the GUI. Maybe it can require a deuterium cell AND a tritium cell in order to fill it. Generate Deuterium the normal way, and need Tritium as well. I also came up with another possible idea for Tritium cell creation. Perhaps this mod can modify the fission reactor to produce tritium cells from any water cells put into the chambers after the completion of a cycle. I'm not sure how long the cycle times of the two reactor types compare, but having a small reactor dedicated to tritium production should be able to keep up with the demand from a fusion generator or two.

• Fusion reactor ain't starting. Apparently this is an ID conflict. with what? buildcraft? redpower?
    what exactly is conflicting? The heater elements? or the reactor?
    halp?

Realised y'all probably need what mods i got installed. modloader.txt below.

• Installed ID resolver. Didn't say nothing. I can't find any conflicts myself, are there any other possible reasons this fusion reactor isn't working?

• If it was a block ID conflict, you'd know it right away, because Minecraft wouldn't start.

Is the reactor at maximum heat?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Installed ID resolver. Didn't say nothing. I can't find any conflicts myself, are there any other possible reasons this fusion reactor isn't working?

Aww GODDAMMMMMITTTTT!
    Ive said this six times on three pages now! It's a friggin ID conflict! Resort the ID conflicts yourself, or set mod_missile to top priority and reassign ALL ID's.

And if there is an ID conflict with this mod, it DOES NOT crash the game!

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!