Suggestion: MKII Miner.

• So a few of you know I run a pretty legit server and when I say legit I feel like things like recyclers are over powered etc etc. Now one of the things I actually find almost useless in a way is miners. Yes I can take out 1000's of them and plop them around but really at the end of the day I find I can strip mine faster and gain more and crap I mean were suppose to be industrial and I think we should be advancing our Miners by now.

So my suggestion btw would make a wonderful plugin even if anyone is up to it till such a thing does ever get decided and added would be the following:
    Miner MKII is pretty much just like the MK1 but accepts Lapertron Crystal.

Done finish really that is all it needs.

I would suggest a larger area etc but I really feel that would make it to easy. I mean the problem now is its just such a mess why bother but with the ability to use a crystal it would make it a lot more fun and enjoyable.

PS: If your willing make a mod/plugin out of this please don't forget smp <3

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• So my suggestion btw would make a wonderful plugin even if anyone is up to it till such a thing does ever get decided and added would be the following:
    Miner MKII is pretty much just like the MK1 but accepts Lapertron Crystal.
    PS: If your willing make a mod/plugin out of this please don't forget smp <3

I second this idea. It's quite annoying having to take my mobile power setup, lay the cable, charge it just to run a few miners and then spend time packing it back up.

• opened it suspecting smt OP, but just laps for miners are ok with me, +1
    about quarry q: because it's faster and not ruining the landscape?

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Quarries take 4 hours to acquire mass amounts of raw material, ore included.

Miners take a short period of time to just acquire ore.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I would like the ability to craft an upgraded OV Scanner to a third tier that sucks even more power for a much larger area personally.

but the ability to use Lapotron's inside a Miner is welcome as well.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• How about this 'advanced' miner supports 512 eU/T and the advanced scanner upgrade that might actually consumer more than 128eU/t to run to justify that?

I know going from 2-3 cable types and 2 TFs + an MFS unit down to just one cable type and an MFS unit would be a MASSIVE upgrade for me.

• My deal is I just like to be able to take my systems and organize them better, I like placing a single block and letting it run the work, hence why I prefer BC Quarries myself. So a more advanced, higher power usage Miner would be awesome.

• I wonder if the miner could hold on to drills and 'scanners' if said items were fully charged/discharged? It would be absolutely lovely to stack up miners in my inventory that had that; or even if I couldn't stack miners hold them but no longer had to carry around drill and scanner.

• Would a MinerFSU be nice? (Basically, cobine Miner and MFSU, get miner which works with lapos, 0% chance of dropping advanced machine block :D)

• Wait wait that makes me think, what about building a "Mobile Mining Platform" which is a Miner + Drill + Scanner + other crap that can be charged like a Battery and then placed somewhere and mines until its out of energy?

• Alblaka, the issue is that we are worried about a wrench failure. I also find it quite annoying to move all my miners around after they have finished along with all the blocks that go along with it. Allowing a lapatron and/or crystal to be used would greatly improve convenience, and in my opinion, not hurt balance at all.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Really if there is a balance issue that its easier to spend all your time mining for iron and make 10000's solar panels and then UU MAttter everything in the game :)

• I don't see why it's so hard to move three blocks around :O

Considering that a fully upgraded miner eats more than the entire capacity of an MFE, it's more like 6 blocks, once you use an MFSU and associated transformers.
    MFSU
    MV transformer
    LV transformer
    miner
    chest
    wires maybe

Mess up any of that and KAPOW something expensive passes into the cold dark night.

First of all, something that eats 24 EU/t shouldn't be running on LV. That's insane. Let it use MV at least.
    Lapotrons would be ideal.
    I realize you probably want to encourage people to use the smaller, slower miner modes by making OV/DDrill operation power intensive, but allowing established players to use more convenient power options wouldn't hurt.

• >> "First of all, something that eats 24 EU/t shouldn't be running on LV."

Uhhh....what? Isn't LV anything up to 32 EU/t....and isn't 24 less than 32? That's like saying your vacuum cleaner should be using your clothes-dryer outlet just because it uses 80% of the amps allotted for the other outlets -- ridiculous and absurd!

Increasing the square range of the miner and allowing configuration on-the-fly (and not the cfg file) of what to pick up would be awesome. Why is the cfg file not good enough? Well, imagine a miner going down and hitting an abandoned mine, no reason to let all that plank/fence/etc. go to waste right...but you might not want the miner to ALWAYS collect that stuff.

Also, as I may have stated already, it would be nice to put those foam pellets in the piping slot and take out the drill to cause the miner to backfill foam in the area it just mined. I'm not sure 100% on how MC renders blocks, but I would imagine that a block face that is against another solid will make MC not place it into the texture list...which could possibly speed up the chunk modeling if all those holes were filled in with solids.

• I have to actually agree even though 24 EU I feel that something that uses past 10 EU really should be MV. I mean look at the induction furnace. This is using like 10 more eu. I really think Miners should at least be 128 hell why not 512? I mean a massive large miner in RL is pretty much a massive power house. You seen them on TV they are damn insane!

I know this more of a tunnel digger then a miner but pretty damn close.

This is running on 32EU!