[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Official Post

Changes:

• Fix the EU consumption of the Large Electric Engine. It has been reprimanded, and all profits confiscated. (It was selling the extra energy to the zombies so they could Tivo Walking Dead") Any increase in angry zombies is, of course, completely unrelated.
    • Fixed CTD bug when placing an engine next to a pump.
    • Some changes to the petrochemical generator, feedback requested:

• Fixed the flickering issue.
      • Added new GUI element: when running off of conductive pipes the liquid gauge switches to a pressure (BC energy) gauge showing the stored pressure.
      • Added some work arounds for BC energy pipes, now the generator consumes the correct amount of BC energy and no more.

The generator is using BC energy, it does not take anything from the refinery, providing fuel to the generator changes this because it only uses 1 energy source at a time.

• It's helpful to know that, but I wasn't sure if it applied as I am not using pipes. The Energy Link is adjacent to the Refinery, and the PetroGen is atop it. Though that would explain the behavior, it doesn't change the fact that the generator was apparently drawing energy from the device it was supposed to provide energy to, until it got fuel. Not a game-breaking issue of course, just an odd behavior I noted.

• looking into it, need your modloader.txt, and a copy of your save might help as well.

My world: http://www.mediafire.com/?q3ykeyvtp67ig2b
    The engine is powering a quarry at x=95 y=64 z=20 (west from the position where I saved the game)
    Also using RP2, Advanced Machines, Thermometer, 100% Wrench Rate, Iron Chests, Bucket Filler, Customrecipes, Additional Pipes, Optifine, Timber! and an XPORB fix.

Modloader.txt: in the next post, it can't fit here xD I didn't notice anything wrong in it, though.

Please, correct my English.

• Modloader.txt ("buono" means "fine" and "migliore" is "finer"):

Please, correct my English.

• Official Post

I don't need a screenshot of it actually running, just a picture of the setup you are referring to. I don't see anything called an "energy link" in the mod you mentioned. If it is something that transmits BC energy, well the petrochemical generator is a valid destination for that, and it would, and should transmit power to the generator. If this is an issue in your current setup, the petrochemical generator does turn off when provided with a redstone signal.

• I don't see anything called an "energy link" in the mod you mentioned. If it is something that transmits BC energy, well the petrochemical generator is a valid destination for that, and it would, and should transmit power to the generator. If this is an issue in your current setup, the petrochemical generator does turn off when provided with a redstone signal.

Here you go on the Energy Link:

The Energy Link takes in EUs and produces BC power directly into pipes. It will connect to wooden power pipes, or directly to machines, making it equivalent to a theoretical "electric engine":

It converts at slightly over 90% efficiency (the extra loss is a bug in BuildCraft that should be fixed in 3.0). It can run on HV with no problems. Note that it will only provide power to wooden conductive pipes (or machines) but not stone or gold conductive pipes, just like a regular engine would.

It basically turns EUs into BC power - not the other way around (AFAIK). It's a curiosity that power would somehow (back up) into the PetroGen like that. As I said, once I dumped a bucket of fuel in, the "pressure" indicator went away and it filled up with a little bit of yellow to show the fuel in it. I'm just not sure why power would go into a generator from a device that is ostensibly for output. It would be as odd as getting feedback from a batbox that was under the generator.

Next time I'm on, I'll see if I can replicate the setup if you need a visual.

• Official Post

Here you go on the Energy Link:

It basically turns EUs into BC power - not the other way around (AFAIK). It's a curiosity that power would somehow (back up) into the PetroGen like that. As I said, once I dumped a bucket of fuel in, the "pressure" indicator went away and it filled up with a little bit of yellow to show the fuel in it. I'm just not sure why power would go into a generator from a device that is ostensibly for output. It would be as odd as getting feedback from a batbox that was under the generator.

Next time I'm on, I'll see if I can replicate the setup if you need a visual.

The generator produces EU and cosumes BC energy. By placing those two next to each other you have created a loop. The generate takes BC energy and turns it into EU, then the energy link converts the EU back into BC energy, in a cycle. The energy link transmits power omnidirectionally, it is working as it should. Fuel changes this, because the generator only uses 1 power source at a time. If you want something that can be placed adjacent to the generator, you need to use something that will only transmit BC energy in 1 direction, like an electric engine. Otherwise, you need to place the generator 1 block away from the energy link and either connect them with a BC energy pipe, or a IC2 wire, depending on what you wish to transmit.

• Aha! OK, that clarifies it perfectly. It would also explain why the PetroGen was only giving the refinery a blue output at first, because of the loop you described.

Now I know. And knowing, as they say, is half the battle.

Violence, of course, is the other half - that's why it's called "battle" after all. 8o

Thank you for clearing it up for me. I figured I was doing something wrong.

• Not sure if its a bug or not.. but the Electric Engines are not accepting water/coolant when they are any color but blue.

My guess is that they are accepting it, they just don't reflect a change in the water bar because the coolant is being applied directly to reduce heat rather than being stored in the reservoir for later use.

• silentdeth: I tried to narrow down which IC AddOns were conflicting with the new version. I did this by adding each, one at a time, and launching the game. I tried yours among the first and got an error log:
    Due to character limit for the post, I pared it down to the relevant THROW:

Everything else worked OK.It looks like the issue is a NullPointer Exception. How can I remedy this, or will I need to wait for an update? Thank you for your assistance.

• I tried downgrading back to 1.23, placing the machines I have from your add-on and breaking them (a solution advised to someone else having a null-point exception for another mod) but still no luck:

I even fed the machines to my Recycler and tried again - no luck. In fact, THEN when I try to load my main world, it crashes with the error "Saving chunks". immediately upon loading the world.
    I hope this can help to track down the error and find a solution, or at least give you an idea what needs to be fixed in an update. Thank you!

• Official Post

looks like ID conflict with blockCrossoverGenerator, upgrading and then downgrading will probably create a lot of issues.

• I had the issue before I downgraded to try to solve it. This is the one add-on that's not compatible so far.
    Someone mentioned a version check? I don't know if something in my error log would have indicated that but the whole file was too large to put in the post.
    I hope I can assist you in getting this to work with 1.337.