[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• Well looks like I'm kind slow to understand things 8|

It is a bug in the refinery (and the energy routing), I have reported it. Also I was in error when I said that, the refinery itself uses up to that amount of energy, the actual recipe has a different value. As such, the large electric engine has enough power to run 2.5 refineries at full speed.

I do not know how this bug effects the actual output of if it is just visual, I have not done extensive testing on that fact.

As stated by silentdeth, he already reported it. But i was confused at what visual bug he meant, so i tested it out.

I mentioned it to Silentdeth a couple months ago during 1.8.1 when I first discovered it was doing that in my refinery - but I don't think SpaceToad is aware of it.
    I wasn't sure if it was an issue unique to this mod or whether "normal" BuildCraft engines behaved the same way. Perhaps you could do a side-by-side test with one combustion engine directly applied to a refinery, and another supplying power by pipe? If there's still a difference, then SpaceToad would surely like to hear of it - if not, then Silentdeth will benefit from the report.

Wow, what a difference! That's how the large electric engine should behave - it's supposed to be as powerful as 5 combustion engines, if I recall.

That bug should be top priority for spacetoad, because you see many people on youtube who just connect engines directly to quarrys or mining wells. At least that is where i learned from. Or maybe that was a unintended feature, i guess only spacetoad can tell that.

• So if fuel is 25/eu if I'm doing my math right it's about 7 hours per bucket of fuel?

Actually, no. There's more than one tick per second, and extrapolating from the Nuclear tutorial:

Quote from Albaka

Uranium Cells are, trivially, the part producing the energy. Each uranium cell lasts quite long, 200000 ticks to be exact. This is approximately a length of 160 minutes, in effect 8 full Minecraft Days.

It takes 25000 ticks to burn Fuel, or 1/8 that of Uranium in a :Reactor:, so only about 20 minutes or one Minecraft day.

• Official Post

I would post on the Optifine forum post about this, but I don't know the unique thing that this addon does that causes Optifine to trip up. There's no errors outputed anywhere for me to investigate.

Me either, you would need to find something else that caused the issue to have more data points with which to draw a conclusion. It works somewhat similar to the way a tank does, one filled with fuel and one filled with water, other parts work similar to the engines. But it would seem the point of failure is in the liquid part.

• Use the version from here http://www.minecraftforum.net/…p__12497982#entry12497982
    LexManos is one of the developers of Minecraft Forge.

Also you might want to update BuildCraft to 3.1.3. It fix a few bugs.

updated to bc 3.1.3
    tried with the recommended and the latest version from that link
    getting this again with both versions

• Hi,
    have you install mineforge ? you need it for the bc engins :)

edit :
    mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0
    update this ^^ you need for 1.1
    or have you minecraft 1.0.0 ?

• Hi,
    have you install mineforge ? you need it for the bc engins :)

edit :
    mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0
    update this ^^ you need for 1.1
    or have you minecraft 1.0.0 ?

mod_ModLoaderMP 1.0.0 is correct. It still works.

• Official Post

Incorrect load order, ensure that my mod's zip loads before BC's. The block will be corrupted now if you did it incorrectly and not load, you'll have to manually delete the block in MCedit.

• Can you not hardcode the bucket input stuff in your engines and use the bugfix that is in the Combustion engine? My water capsules turned into a bucket :/

• As I try to place a smal Electric engine

ModLoader.txt:

But can´t fix the problem, could anyone help?

• so ya i am stumped. so i put uu mater into my oil materilizer and the next thing that happens. well you guess it nothing. so i log out and back on and i have the uu mater in my inventory which i had placed in my oil materilzer

• I crafted a Large Electric Engine, and it will accept power from the cable but it will not connect to the BC cooling pipe. I placed it next to a gold waterproof pipe and no coolant would flow into it. Replacing the items did not change this. If there's any further information I can provide that would help, please let me know. It seems to supply powe just fine, but I can't get coolant into it. Does that need to come from the "bottom" (or back, whatever you'd call the side opposite the piston)?

For what it's worth, I'm using a couple of small electric engines and they work just fine.

[EDIT: It appears that it will connect to a stone waterproof pipe, but not a golden one. That's odd. It can be worked around, but it's atypical.]

• Official Post

I crafted a Large Electric Engine, and it will accept power from the cable but it will not connect to the BC cooling pipe. I placed it next to a gold waterproof pipe and no coolant would flow into it. Replacing the items did not change this. If there's any further information I can provide that would help, please let me know. It seems to supply powe just fine, but I can't get coolant into it. Does that need to come from the "bottom" (or back, whatever you'd call the side opposite the piston)?

For what it's worth, I'm using a couple of small electric engines and they work just fine.

[EDIT: It appears that it will connect to a stone waterproof pipe, but not a golden one. That's odd. It can be worked around, but it's atypical.]

there is no difference in the code between connecting a golden and a stone waterproof pipe. If you having issues, then something has changed BC's code, or your doing it wrong.

• there is no difference in the code between connecting a golden and a stone waterproof pipe. If you having issues, then something has changed BC's code, or your doing it wrong.

Well, I knocked away the gold pipe that was at the end of my coolant line and placed a stone pipe, and the water began to flow... so the only possibility I can consider is that the end of that pipe was pointing the wrong way for whatever reason.

I tried it again, and it seems to be working. So I guess I just didn't notice that the end of the pipe was backwards. Thanks for clarifying, and I am sorry for reporting a "bug" that didn't exist. :S

• Well, I knocked away the gold pipe that was at the end of my coolant line and placed a stone pipe, and the water began to flow... so the only possibility I can consider is that the end of that pipe was pointing the wrong way for whatever reason.

I tried it again, and it seems to be working. So I guess I just didn't notice that the end of the pipe was backwards. Thanks for clarifying, and I am sorry for reporting a "bug" that didn't exist. :S

Next time that kind of thing happens, take out your BC wrench (hope you have it) and whack the pipe, usually it corrects itself automatically.

• The funny thing is, I was using the wrench on the engine and nothing was happening. Never thought to use it on the pipe!

I never remember having to worry about this in previous versions of BuildCraft - when you placed a pipe next to a machine or engine it genrally automatically aligned itself properly. Then we had that weird issue recently where wooden pipes were flip-flopping of their own accord...

• I have a little Problem right now, after installing Buildcraft 3.1.3 and crossover mod.

The Error itself:

Modloader.txt

And the Mods im using:

After updating Buildcraft from 2..2.12 to 3.1.3 the Problem cames up. Already placed the crossover line in the config at the bottom.

Thanks for your help.