[Addon 1.112] BuildCraft-IndustrialCraft Crossover Mod v2.0[SSP/SMP]

• And how can i change the loadorder? I renamed it with z,x or y infront but nothing changed same problem with Redpower 2 :/

You need to force buildcraft and industrial craft to load before IC2, put zz on the start of the crossover and aa in front of the rest of the build craft mods and industrialcraft, if you're using linux like me, try what was suggested for me above (i haven't tested though)

By the looks of it you are as it looks like you are shelling into the server,
    Oh and check in the modloader config that BC and IC2 are set to "on" not "off"
    As modloader is trying to load crossover first, looks like it may be loading most recently edited first, which isn't good, but you could always edit every other mod file and try that,

Linux and MLMP don't mix very well at the moment, but i seem to have avoided major trouble,

• Official Post

post a proper bug report following the guidelines in the OP for the crash.

• Mods loaded: 14
    ModLoader 1.1
    mod_MinecraftForge 1.3.3.12
    mod_ModLoaderMp 1.1v4
    mod_NotEnoughItems 1.1.2
    mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.12
    mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.12
    mod_CCTurtle 1.3
    mod_ComputerCraft 1.3
    mod_IC2 v1.71
    mod_ZZZMissile 0.81
    mod_WirelessRedstone 1.5

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9d766ba --------
    Generated 2/25/12 8:24 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1
    Java: 1.6.0_30, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6570 version 4.1.10428 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.LiquidData.<init>(II)V
    at BuildCraftCore.initialize(BuildCraftCore.java:177)
    at mod_BuildCraftCore.initialize(mod_BuildCraftCore.java:73)
    at mod_BuildCraftCore.ModsLoaded(mod_BuildCraftCore.java:88)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:832)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)
    at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:648)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 79a435f8 ----------

• You need to force buildcraft and industrial craft to load before IC2, put zz on the start of the crossover and aa in front of the rest of the build craft mods and industrialcraft, if you're using linux like me, try what was suggested for me above (i haven't tested though)

By the looks of it you are as it looks like you are shelling into the server,
    Oh and check in the modloader config that BC and IC2 are set to "on" not "off"
    As modloader is trying to load crossover first, looks like it may be loading most recently edited first, which isn't good, but you could always edit every other mod file and try that,

Linux and MLMP don't mix very well at the moment, but i seem to have avoided major trouble,

Thanks man with renaming on BC zips aa and zz to the crossovermod/redpower 2 zips worked for me :thumbup: Hope your Problem is also solved :)

• Official Post

I also observe that the electric engines don't handle portable power very well. Medium Electric engines don't take energy crystals or lapitron crystals and suck re batteries dry in a minute. Large Electric Engines don't take lapitron crystals and suck energy crystals dry in a minute... O.o This makes for remote operations difficult, need an inventory full of batteries and be swapping them out constantly. X( Though if I build a bigger infrastructure, an MFE or MFSU wired to it, yeah, it would work but for a temporary location, say, a BC Filler to create a new large room as the start of an outpost, it would be kinda silly. At least in my opinion... Will this get fixed in future updates?

they use the appropriate crystal for their voltage. If you want a long term remote outpost, 1 petro gen + 1 buckets of fuel will keep 2 MEEs running for 20 mins.

• Official Post

possibly once the 3.x branch hits SMP, right now the BC energy pipes have too many bugs in them in the 2.x branch to make that config option meaningful.

How about an option to turn off the water requirement? Liquid pipes aren't my most favorite on a server.

• Official Post

How about an option to turn off the water requirement? Liquid pipes aren't my most favorite on a server.

Technically you don't have to cool them with water, they will not explode if they overheat. But disable the cooling completely? No, I don't think that will happen. However, alternate cooling methods, maybe air cooled, or by using ice, those would be in line with what I have planned in the future.

• they use the appropriate crystal for their voltage. If you want a long term remote outpost, 1 petro gen + 1 buckets of fuel will keep 2 MEEs running for 20 mins.

Yeah... I was avoiding the whole refinery set up by using strictly electric engines off of my insane geo generator setup. But the above is what I did, an MFE to LV Transformer to the MEE. I have enough resources to dedicate an MFE and LV to the task of running EEs where ever needed. Just would have made it easier to put in bigger crystals. Oh well, thanks though. :D

Now, question, will the IB versions use IC2 1.71? It says 1.70B currently and current version of IC2 is 1.71 so... Didn't know if there was enough of a difference to warrant a update to the crossover mod to wait or I could run with it with out problems.

• It's definitly a gui id conflict, Silentdeth: Miss here? Client and server is generating different gui ids...

On client the gui id's is:

Code
    guiIdIndustrialElectricEngine=94
    guiIdLargeElectricEngine=93
    guiIdMediumElectricEngine=92
    guiIdOilMaterializer=95
    guiIdPetrochemicalGenerator=90
    guiIdSmallElectricEngine=91

And on server they are:

Code
    guiIdIndustrialElectricEngine=104
    guiIdLargeElectricEngine=103
    guiIdMediumElectricEngine=102
    guiIdOilMaterializer=105
    guiIdPetrochemicalGenerator=100
    guiIdSmallElectricEngine=101
  • It's definitly a gui id conflict, Silentdeth: Miss here? Client and server is generating different gui ids...

Code
    guiIdOilMaterializer=95

And on server they are:

Code
    guiIdOilMaterializer=105

Well match them up!

• idk what halvor issue was mine did match. But both the default 100 and was it 101 id's for the oil materializer and the Petrochemical Generator had issues. the Petrochemical Generator caused client crash on click like the id's were miss matched. The oil materializer caused the gui to not actually work if you open up it shows up and you add uu matter client sees it processing and working but when you relog uu matter is in your inventory and it never did anything lol it trolls me.

Halvors been telling me this is SMP issue with Crossover not the bukkit port.. All these issues happen in SMP and both them worked fine in SSP.

So what I did was change the id's to 177 and 178 and matched on the server and works flawless now...

But I don't get what could be causing it and I could find nothing conflicting them but meh I fixed it for myself anyways hehe.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

It's definitly a gui id conflict, Silentdeth: Miss here? Client and server is generating different gui ids...

Code
    guiIdOilMaterializer=95

And on server they are:

Code
    guiIdOilMaterializer=105

The GUI IDs are set here:

Code
    guiIdPetrochemicalGenerator=(new Integer(config.getOrCreateIntProperty("guiIdPetrochemicalGenerator", 0, 100).value)).intValue();
    			guiIdSmallElectricEngine=(new Integer(config.getOrCreateIntProperty("guiIdSmallElectricEngine", 0, 101).value)).intValue();
    			guiIdMediumElectricEngine=(new Integer(config.getOrCreateIntProperty("guiIdMediumElectricEngine", 0, 102).value)).intValue();
    			guiIdLargeElectricEngine=(new Integer(config.getOrCreateIntProperty("guiIdLargeElectricEngine", 0, 103).value)).intValue();
    			guiIdIndustrialElectricEngine=(new Integer(config.getOrCreateIntProperty("guiIdIndustrialElectricEngine", 0, 104).value)).intValue();
    			guiIdOilMaterializer=(new Integer(config.getOrCreateIntProperty("guiIdOilMaterializer", 0, 105).value)).intValue();

Which is the same for both versions, it will not overwrite existing values.

• Official Post

Yeah... I was avoiding the whole refinery set up by using strictly electric engines off of my insane geo generator setup. But the above is what I did, an MFE to LV Transformer to the MEE. I have enough resources to dedicate an MFE and LV to the task of running EEs where ever needed. Just would have made it easier to put in bigger crystals. Oh well, thanks though. :D

Now, question, will the IB versions use IC2 1.71? It says 1.70B currently and current version of IC2 is 1.71 so... Didn't know if there was enough of a difference to warrant a update to the crossover mod to wait or I could run with it with out problems.

Minor IC2 updates shouldn't have any affect on this mod.