[AddOn v1.90] 100% Wrench Rate v1.90-1

• Official Post

Name: 100% Wrench Rate
    Summary: To each his own.

Description
    Replacement for ic2/common/ItemToolWrench.class that always returns the wrenched item.

Installation
    Open your IC2 jar file and replace the existing ItemToolWrench.class with one of the files from the zip. The client one for the client IC2 jar, or the server one for the server IC2 jar.
    NOTE: Installing this on a server will affect everyone on the server, the client mod is only needed for single-player.

Version History
    Previous versions are now available in an old version archive.

• 1.90-1
      Update to IC2 1.90
    • 1.81-1
      Update to IC2 1.81
    • 1.70-1
      Update to IC2 1.70
    • 1.64-1
      Update to IC2 1.64
    • 1.42-1
      Update to IC2 1.42
    • 1.337b-1
      Update to IC2 1.337b
    • 1.23-1 Initial Release

Copyright Info
    Since this mod consists entirely of removing a bit of code from the original IC2 class, the rules going to be a bit different from my other mods. Porting, mod packs, and code reuse are covered by IC2's own rules. If you have permission to port or package IC2, then that permission extends to this modification. (As far as the original idea of deleting that code, I don't claim any kind of exclusive ownership to it. Go on, make 100% wrench rate mods to your heart's content, just as long as you follow IC2's rules.)

• interesting solution to a problem. Maybe expand to include a new wrench that never breaks anything? Or maybe have this feature exclusive to the electric wrench?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

Maybe expand to include a new wrench that never breaks anything? Or
    maybe have this feature exclusive to the electric wrench?

You know, either of these is fine. Make your super wrench out of compressed gold for all I care, as long as there's an option for moving super expensive machinery that isn't retarded.

Or just make the normal wrenches work. Like this.

Cheers.

• Tested, worked perfectly. With electric wrenches, too, that's cool.

Such a relief, not holding my breath every time I wrench something. Thank you!

• I would /really/ like these as things that add on to IC2 instead of replacing core files.

Now I'm going to have to repack IC2 in addition to minecraft.jar.

• Official Post

I would /really/ like these as things that add on to IC2 instead of replacing core files.

Now I'm going to have to repack IC2 in addition to minecraft.jar.

I'll leave implementing a separate perfect wrench item to another addon author, mostly because of time constraints on my part, this one's gonna stay just a lazy quick fix for now. I do highly encourage someone to pick up the idea though!

(Technical details for anyone who wants to try it. It can't be done to the existing wrenches without overriding our core files. But to create a new item with perfect wrenching, all you'll have to do is extend ItemToolWrench or ItemToolWrenchElectric and override onItemUseFirst().) :thumbup:

• The idea is that an improved wrench should /not/ have failure rates.

A normal bronze wrench yes, but not an upgraded one.

• Also a question.

Obviously the client needs this mod (for SSP), but what of the server? Same mod file in to the same place (well different .jar..zip but...)?

• This mod is excellent. I disagree with the 'whoops I moved my refrigerator and now it's broken whoops' part of IC2, because what the hell if I want to move I want to move. I appreciate this mod greatly and so does my server.

• Why does Alblaka want the wrench to be imperfect? To reward you for planning ahead with your machine placement? Because there were going to be more tiers of wrench with the differentiating factor being that success rate? To troll all the users of his mod, inadvertently trolling himself with the endless bug reports about a deliberate feature? I do wonder.
    Edit: I found the wrench discussion, so you know and don't link it for me :)

• Official Post

Also a question.

Obviously the client needs this mod (for SSP), but what of the server? Same mod file in to the same place (well different .jar..zip but...)?

Yeah, the server will need it installed the same way for SMP. And since it's just mechanics tweak, you can actually run it on the server without any of your clients having to install it (unless they want it for SSP too).