Suggestion: The Ultimate Generator! (Antimatter)

• Name: Matter-Antimatter Reactor

Image buried deep in minecraftia, hidden amongst the crevices in the bedrock, just above the void... there lies the
    ultimate power source. Antimatter blocks! Something that's there, and isn't at the same time, and has the potential
    to produce limitless power, for those who are not only willing to strive for it, but also brave enough to go near it, and well
    prepared to handle it.

Antimatter blocks could explode on contact with other objects that come into contact with it, including players and their tools.
    But special tools could be invented to handle it. Antimatter containment cells could be filled with antimatter, much like water
    is carried in a bucket, and then taken to the newly constructed Matter-Antimatter Reactor, in which you would place the
    antimatter containment cell, and another object of regular matter. The other block would be consumed by the antimatter, releasing
    extreme amounts of energy, without the loss of the antimatter, leaving you with just the antimatter and large amounts of electricity.
    Use anything you have in abundance to fuel the reactor, though more common items would be consumed faster. Antimatter would be
    extremely rare since it isn't used up in the electricity generation process, limiting the number of reactors you could have. You could
    also make it that the Matter-Antimatter Reactor releases bursts of radiation while power is being generated, requiring players to
    build a shield generator around the Reactor to contain it.

Recipes:

Antimatter Containment Cell

LRL
    A_A
    LRL

L = Advanced Alloy
    R = Reinforced Glass
    _ = Nothing
    A = Advanced Circuit

Matter-Antimatter Reactor

LLL
    AQA
    QGQ

L = Advanced Alloy
    A = Advanced Circuit
    Q = Advanced Machine
    G = Generator

Final Notes: I have no idea how interested you are in adding new blocks, but seeing as IC started
    with a more "modern industry" feel (drills and solar panels) and lately has shifted toward a "future tech"
    idea (with teleporters and shield generators) I thought it might be a good idea to update the power
    production as well. Antimatter is the first thing I think of when talking about futuristic power sources.

• I like the idea of antimatter, but if it was found underground, it would cancel out the stone and bedrock, itself being consumed in the process
    if it were to be found underground, perhaps it should be suspended mid-air in a rough sphere of bedrock with only one entrance
    then for the reactors, the antimatter would slowly be consumed (reacting with air) and output energy at a high rate (perhaps the speed of 10 nuclear reactors); placing a second block or item in the reactor would cause all the antimatter to be consumed, but to output all the energy that it would in the course of its life all at once (can overload most small electrical systems)

• I don't think it should a naturally generating block, more like:
    You make a heck of a lot of matter(which you form into a solid block) and think to yourself "Hey, I wonder what this stuff does if you send it through a teleporter..."

• I like the idea of antimatter, but if it was found underground, it would cancel out the stone and bedrock, itself being consumed in the process
    if it were to be found underground, perhaps it should be suspended mid-air in a rough sphere of bedrock with only one entrance
    then for the reactors, the antimatter would slowly be consumed (reacting with air) and output energy at a high rate (perhaps the speed of 10 nuclear reactors); placing a second block or item in the reactor would cause all the antimatter to be consumed, but to output all the energy that it would in the course of its life all at once (can overload most small electrical systems)

I had the same idea about the antimatter being suspended, not coming into contact with anything but air as well. But then I thought,
    "I wonder how much more difficult that would be to code," and "It would be in contact with air anyway so there should still be
    matter-antimatter interaction." In the long run I came to the conclusion that I was simply thinking too hard about realism in a game
    where zombies wake you from bed at night and green suicide bombers run rampant. I'd be fine with it just simply being a block in the
    bottom 7 layers of the world that explodes when you touch it with anything but a special tool.

As for the reactor process, my original idea was having to make three machine parts that interact to produce electricity, and only requiring
    an antimatter block to activate it. It would look something like this:

N-R-M

The R would be the main reactor block placed in the middle. The N would be the Antimatter Regulator block, where you would place the
    antimatter containment cell, and the M would be the Matter Regulator block, where you throw in a diamond. In this idea, neither would
    be consumed and it would just keep pumping out electricity, but the cost of the 3 machines would be really high. The idea was to have a
    solar panel-like power system that didn't require a massive field of a panels to be built, but could have a near equivalent material cost.
    I always liked the idea of Nuclear Energy, but when I built my plant with 8 reactors, I found I burned through way too much uranium for it
    to be practical. And with it being a fuel requiring power source, its really annoying when you find you have an energy drain somewhere in
    your grid and all your mfe's have been sucked dry while you were out hunting pigs :( But then I decided it might be better to just have the
    matter be consumed, reduce it to a one machine system, and have a use for all the piles of useless blocks I have hogging up chest space.

Having antimatter be so rare AND have it be consumed in the power making process would defeat the purpose in my eyes. Its along the same
    reason that i'll probably never use BC's new iron engines, since oil will be "fairly rare" I would not want to rely on hunting for it all the time.
    Everything will end up being run by the "free energy cost" wood engines. Though slower, it won't require much input. I would rather pay a high
    cost up front, and even have to seek rare materials for its construction, than have to constantly refuel with moderately rare or even common
    fuel materials.

• I'm pretty sure Alblaka said no anti-matter though. Or was that fusion.

Both. I suggested both things (fusion even before fission was implemented) and both were rejected.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• I'd like to add that theoretically generating matter should produce an equal amount of antimatter.

Ah, tis true! Why didn't I think of that... That would make (anti)matter much more dangerous to make if there was a chance of them coming into contact which would result in a "meltdown" of sorts similar to the reactor.

But anyway...

• wouldnt you need to hack minecraft to get in the void and antimatter should be spawnable for people that dont wanto waste 10 hours

• why not use 100 uu mater for this infinite source of energy that never biodegrades you would need to make it like thi

1=25 stack of uumater

= 1 anti matter each one would cost a staggering 300,000,000 eus fair enough

• How about producing antimatter from a self-made Large Hadron Collider? It would slowly, very slowly generate antimatter particles, and consume ungodly amounts of energy. However, those particles, when used in a generator, release several times more energy than what was used to create them, effectively creating a self-sustaining generator.

The LHC would be very expensive, and require something like 32 blocks put in a horizontal circle (or square, in this case). Then, each block should be fed some amount of EU, and a certain "collector" block would slowly generate antimatter.

Furthermore, this LHC would be able to be used to create all sorts of different elements from hydrogen (water as a source), including carbon (coal and diamonds), ferrum (iron ingots), etc. Every element would require a different program (could be set by right clicking with the EC Manipulator), and different amounts of time/energy. Effectively, this would replace the Matter Generator, only more complex, a bit faster, and more costly.

I am not sure if it's possible to code such a complex, multi-tile machine, though...

• Sounds like a cool idea for a high-end power generator. One thing i would suggest is to make it so the more power it has the faster it works that way it would start slow and then begin to build up speed.

Also did I just see mention of T4 machines AND a Ion cannon?? You just made my week :P

• How about producing antimatter from a self-made Large Hadron Collider? It would slowly, very slowly generate antimatter particles, and consume ungodly amounts of energy. However, those particles, when used in a generator, release several times more energy than what was used to create them, effectively creating a self-sustaining generator.

Let's try and keep it fairly close to the laws of physics, you can't create energy from nothing. You'd actually get significantly less energy from reacting the anti-matter than you put in to create it. However it would make a very powerful battery.

• Sounds like a cool idea for a high-end power generator. One thing i would suggest is to make it so the more power it has the faster it works that way it would start slow and then begin to build up speed.

Also did I just see mention of T4 machines AND a Ion cannon?? You just made my week :P

Oh god, My head is about to explode from thinking too much about how I could use an ion cannon...it can't be used to take down force fields, because it'd need to be portable for that, and a giant power coil isn't portable...but I can't think of anything else to use one for. unless there's a targeting system implemented, and you can hit places far away from the cannon itself.

and OT: so what if it's not realistic? this is minecraft, and it's an awesome concept. matter generators aren't realistic either. I think it'd be pretty sweet.

also, a power cycle ring like that would be sweet to connect to a set of energy-o-mats, so that whenever the power flows thorugh it (I assume in pulses like HV) I could light up a set of lights from the redpower mod, to make a lit circle follow the current around the coil itself. it'd look totally sweet.

• Oh god, My head is about to explode from thinking too much about how I could use an ion cannon...it can't be used to take down force fields, because it'd need to be portable for that, and a giant power coil isn't portable...but I can't think of anything else to use one for. unless there's a targeting system implemented, and you can hit places far away from the cannon itself.

It might work in such a way that you have the machine itself, which charges the shot, and a certain kind of mobile targeting device, think of a combination between the FreqTrans and the Mining Laser.

• I’m also one of those who think that there should be no obvious violations of physics with these high-tech machines, so I’m against using this LHC or similar machines for generating antimatter (and getting more energy out of it afterwards)

Something like combining matter with redstone and teleporting it would be better, in my opinion. (Redstone for the magic, could be omitted ;) )

• Also did I just see mention of T4 machines AND a Ion cannon?? You just made my week :P

Ion Cannon? You mean... Hadouken? Kamehameha? :P

In any case.

I’m also one of those who think that there should be no obvious violations of physics with these high-tech machines, so I’m against using this LHC or similar machines for generating antimatter (and getting more energy out of it afterwards)

...obvious violations of physics? I'm sorry, you don't like the floating islands? Or the random floating blocks of dirt?