Just curious on peoples opinion.

• Would you like to see more ores, alloys, and elements in Industrial Craft? 32

1. Yes, add as many as possible. (3) 9%
    2. Yes, a few more would be nice. (15) 47%
    3. No, its perfect the way it is. (13) 41%
    4. No, there is too many already. (1) 3%

Okay, so I personally love the real life element that industrial craft has added with the extra ores such as copper, tin, and uranium. But I have always wanted to see more. I personally would add 50% of the periodic table of elements if I could. I would love to be able to have iron, aluminum, tin, copper, platinum, silver, lead and some other metals added in with some of the other items from the periodic table such as silicon ect ... I would also love to see gems such as ruby, diamonds, emeralds, ect added in as well. Now i know that red power adds some of this, but to be honest, its more of a pain in the butt to use red power and industrial craft together, they both have copper and tin ores. And personally I hate managing 3 mods separately and much rather manage one mod. Now im not creating this topic to suggest anything, or try and tell people to stop adding red power. I am genuinely curious if people would like to see more different ores, elements, and gems.

• Official Post

The point is
    Loads of ores = Loads of chest space wasted for loads of useless ores with 1-3 uses each.

I've implemented only 2, later 3 ores, because every of them serves a specific important function.
    Tin: All sorts of containers, batterys, gas cans...
    Copper: Bronze, cables, circuits and anything else derivative from cables
    Uran: Derp

If you can list me a couple of good, balanced uses for each new ore you want to have, i could consider adding it.

• Agree with Al. Garbage ores (and the garbage tools you make out of them) is what I hate most in most mods.

I think bronze is semi-useless, but if you don't like it you don't have to make any, which makes it perfectly okay. Digging through rock and finding nothing but useless stuff is failblog.

• Official Post

Agree with Al. Garbage ores (and the garbage tools you make out of them) is what I hate most in most mods.

I think bronze is semi-useless, but if you don't like it you don't have to make any, which makes it perfectly okay. Digging through rock and finding nothing but useless stuff is failblog.

Now, you need Bronze for Alloy and tools ^^
    But yes, if you got access to quantum suit and stuff, bronze armor becomes useless... for now.

• On that note, why cant we have a full set of AA armor? is there any good reason?
    *Uses addon for AA armor*

• Well I completely see what your saying and dont get me wrong by my post ... each and every one of the ores that would be added would serve a purpose. Mostly adding more dept to the game ... which i know a lot of people would not like. For example, cans are made out of tin, an overly available resource. But still has many uses, now if you added aluminum then cans would have to be made from aluminum instead. But as you said this adds a whole one use for the aluminum. But if you went through and actually had to make machines and other items out of combinations of earth metals with alloys you make, there would be more uses. For example we use a LOT of iron in IC. But machines may require steel not iron, which is an alloy. But overall i am not suggesting by any means adding this to the mod. I am actually just getting peoples opinions on it, to see how many people like the extra eye candy like i do. Truthfully i am trying to learn some basic scripting stuff and thought of an add on that would add all this stuff and just experiment with different things.

PS: Lead would be another useful one with the current nuclear power, the reinforced glass could require a lead powder to make it, (similar to real life lead glass used in hospitals to protect from radiation from CAT scans or XRays. Also a lead armor that protects you from damage from contaminated areas or being too close to a reactor that is running ect. [/quote]

• Rp2 already stretches the limit on ore diversity. From a dev standpoint is it going to be possible to unify ic and rp tin and copper? It's the suck to have two different ores with the same names. I could use another sink for copper...seem to have waaaaay more of it than tin. Maybe an ev wire using braided copper

• Rp2 already stretches the limit on ore diversity. From a dev standpoint is it going to be possible to unify ic and rp tin and copper? It's the suck to have two different ores with the same names. I could use another sink for copper...seem to have waaaaay more of it than tin. Maybe an ev wire using braided copper

Make nuke reactors. Use like 8 stacks of copper for a 6-chambered one, including the wiring and alloy.

• I used to think that Eloraam made very stupid thing by adding bunch of useless ores,but now that i think about it (and read her FAQ),it makes more sense to add generated blocks you want in first release,and then later add use to them,rather than adding with each release new generated blocks,requiring players to explore new chunks to find these ores (wich can be good,but sometimes it looks nice when you got it all in one place).

Regarding this topic,for me it would be good both ways - not adding any more ores would be just fine,we already have everything we need of base resources.Adding more metals would be bad,atleast for now,but adding gases and liquids - whole new thing.

What does Albalka think of certain gas pockets (english is not my prime language so im improvising with words here,bare with me),or liquid chambers,things like that?I know oil and fuel has already been used,but theres so many original things that can be done...

• The idea of gas pockets would, for sure be unique. And actually not THAT hard to code.
    And it would provide another way to create Fuel, which will be important for upcoming features.

Will consider it.

That would be really cool too, like i said i didnt intend this to be a suggestion thread but just a way to gather opinions .... anymore its hard to suggest something that hasnt already been used in other mods, but gas pockets .... now if your not talking about gasoline but an actual elemental gas ... that could be interesting .... hydrogen power? hmmm what could you be planning :P

• This was done long ago. Just turn off generation of the raw ores in the world (e.g., in redpower/redpower.cfg, in the "generate" section) for one of the two mods, or even don't. You can make all the Redpower copper- and tin-using recipes with IndustrialCraft copper and tin, and it's intended to work (though I personally haven't tested) the other way around as well. If you leave generation turned on for both mods, you'll get distinct types of raw ore blocks that don't stack with each other, but they can both be macerated into a single type of dust and then smelted into a single type of ingot.

Rp2 already stretches the limit on ore diversity. From a dev standpoint is it going to be possible to unify ic and rp tin and copper? It's the suck to have two different ores with the same names. I could use another sink for copper...seem to have waaaaay more of it than tin. Maybe an ev wire using braided copper

• This was done long ago. Just turn off generation of the raw ores in the world (e.g., in redpower/redpower.cfg, in the "generate" section) for one of the two mods, or even don't. You can make all the Redpower copper- and tin-using recipes with IndustrialCraft copper and tin, and it's intended to work (though I personally haven't tested) the other way around as well. If you leave generation turned on for both mods, you'll get distinct types of raw ore blocks that don't stack with each other, but they can both be macerated into a single type of dust and then smelted into a single type of ingot.

not to mention you can also grind RP2 copper and tin into IC2 dusts in a macerator. I've only got one chest of copper and tin in it's IC2 form. (and *lots* of mostly useless copper)
    when I added RC2 and "upgraded" the world (giant MCedit purge) to force generation of the new ores I only had to make two tweaks to my ore processing station, just had to add the RP2 stuff to the diamond sorting pipes.

• I dunno if my install can survive many more additions. As it is I have no clue how many open block IDs I have left. If we could somehow increase block IDs to 400+ then I have no problem with more ores/items.