Favorite source of scrap for recycler?

• What's everyone's favorite source of scrap for the recycler, assuming no mods or addons other than IC2? I like finding easy ways to get more scrap, since I usually have enough energy to run my mass fabricator but rarely enough scrap. Personally, I prefer recycling scaffolding, since you get more than 14 stacks of it from a stack of logs. Oh yeah, and it's funny how you can recycle scaffolding but not sticks.

• i use rp2 so i just use block breaks set at a .5 second tick and 10 recyclers auto mining cobble from a machine it allowed me 2 make near a dia every 2 min the way i had it set up

• I get so much cobble (and dirt) from quarries that I just feed it in raw. If you're using straight IC with no mods, macerate the cobble to sand, make glass, then make panes. You'll get 70% more scrap for doing so.

• I get so much cobble (and dirt) from quarries that I just feed it in raw. If you're using straight IC with no mods, macerate the cobble to sand, make glass, then make panes. You'll get 70% more scrap for doing so.

I never though of making panes =O I do scaffolding, or leftover sugercane/cactus from my farm.

• If you've got BuildCraft, I've heard that you get an even better return making cobblestone pipes. Still 3 cobble to make 8 items, but you only need to macerate and smelt 1/3 of it.

• I feed my recycler dirt. I have a nearby mountain that I am in the process of flattening, so.... Yeah. Plenty of dirt. Not to mention what I get from automated miners.

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.

• Buildcraft -> Quarry -> Cobble and dirt -> You won Minecraft

I can't tell you the best way without Buildcraft because i wouldn't play MC without BC and IC... Though Scaffolding sounds pretty interesting since it's easy to build an automated tree farm if you find yourself a wolf.

Don't ask me why you need a wolf though, figure it out ;)

• Without any mods except IC2, you could go to the nether and mine netherrack with your diamond drill. Should be not so bad because of the very little breaking time.

• Same way you do in Vanilla Minecraft - lava flows in from one source, water from another.
    Or you can do it with redstone - there's a video on that somewhere.

• I know back in IC1 days you could make a cobble generator with an automated miner and an ore block as "bait" then place the water/lava cobble generation in the middle. Probably still works.

This does still work. It's what I used for an auto cobble maker until I installed RP2

I can't tell you the best way without Buildcraft because i wouldn't play MC without BC and IC... Though Scaffolding sounds pretty interesting since it's easy to build an automated tree farm if you find yourself a wolf.

You must be pulling my leg, builder+quarry seems like it would do the trick and there doesn't seem to be a need for a wolf.

• You must be pulling my leg, builder+quarry seems like it would do the trick and there doesn't seem to be a need for a wolf.

The problem there is a quarry wouldn't stop after it got the trees. It's also relatively slow.

The last method I saw involved a one (possibly two?) filler(s) and a builder (builder does the tree saplings)
    the wolf was to stop one (or both) of the fillers from completing it's job and shutting off.

or you can just install minefactory reloaded and use the harvesters. (after configuring it to run off of BC power)
    granted it becomes a small maze of pipes. (one set for power, one set to deliver saplings to the planters and a final set to carry the wood away) I do have a 6 tree auto farm set up now though, works great. (and is powered via solar panels :) )

^that^

• I saw someone suggesting using RedPower to turn cobble into panels - more items for recycling. The downside, of course, is that you need to invest gems in a saw, which is depleted over the course of the process.
    It's up to the user to decide whether that's a worthwhile investment. Consider that you need to recycle about 4800 items to get enough UU-M to replace the 2 diamonds you used for the saw.

• I saw someone suggesting using RedPower to turn cobble into panels - more items for recycling. The downside, of course, is that you need to invest gems in a saw, which is depleted over the course of the process.
    It's up to the user to decide whether that's a worthwhile investment. Consider that you need to recycle about 4800 items to get enough UU-M to replace the 2 diamonds you used for the saw.

I think they were talking about vanilla MC glass panels, so macerating cobble to sand, smelting sand into glass, then crafting the glass into panes [though I'm sure you could cut them as well]

And if you're using buildcraft you could turn 3 cobble into 8 cobble transport pipes by just turning 1 cobble to glass. Though if you're running BC and need more sources of scrap, you're probably doing things wrong :) .... or you just wanna have LOTS of recyclers :)