silly ways of moving power about

• So I was messing around in the test world and came up with this silly little idea.
    Somewhat expensive and only really transmits in even units of 20 EU/t but it works.

Uses additional pipes (power teleporting :) ) and power converters addons as well as BC.
    What's not fully depicted is the 20 solar array to the left of the sending side.
    works somewhat like this:
    input power -> lava materilizer -> waterproof pipe (with optional teleporter) -> geothermal generator mk2 -> output power

scalable in increments of 20 by adding more generators to the output end.

more of a silly "I wonder if this works?" sort of idea than anything practical but there's no losses in the process. Anyone else have any other working but silly ideas?

• Actually, I'm pretty sure those power teleport pipes have a distance-related loss, but I can't seem to find the numbers anywhere now...

0.05%/block, or something like that?

• Actually, I'm pretty sure those power teleport pipes have a distance-related loss, but I can't seem to find the numbers anywhere now...

0.05%/block, or something like that?

note that those aren't power teleport pipes. I *explicitly* mentioned waterproof transport pipe with an optional teleport.

aka: i'm not moving power about, i'm moving lava about, thus the system's effectively lossless.

but yes, regular gold is 1%, power teleport is 0.05% last I knew. (not sure if that changed in v3, not using it yet)

• Well... I at least though it was quite clever... And considering it uses teleport pipes in such a way to evade current EU loss, you never lose any amount of EU gained via this process...

Course it is impractical despite it's efficiency.. lol, but still a great job regardless...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Well... I at least though it was quite clever... And considering it uses teleport pipes in such a way to evade current EU loss, you never lose any amount of EU gained via this process...

Course it is impractical despite it's efficiency.. lol, but still a great job regardless...

thanks :) Been trying to think up alternate uses for lava for a while.

Friend poised the idea of moving around RE Batteries but the advanced wooden pipes can't discern between a partially charged and full batteries. (I just finished testing it and then blowing the hell out of a distant volcano with a few nuke blocks)
    Probably still doable but would be annoying to time and you'd have to have enough power available at the source (or have it manually triggered via a button or something)

• With Redpower 2 pre3 you can load/unload storage minecarts... I had a setup that moved both RE's and Lapo's around via minecart. Very efficient and I actually considered replacing large sections of my longer distance wiring with minecart tracks. Bugs in the system (read: Animals on the tracks) made me reconsider :wacko:

• With Redpower 2 pre3 you can load/unload storage minecarts... I had a setup that moved both RE's and Lapo's around via minecart. Very efficient and I actually considered replacing large sections of my longer distance wiring with minecart tracks. Bugs in the system (read: Animals on the tracks) made me reconsider :wacko:

*snerk* "bugs in the system" nice. You could always build a elevated rail line. (whee! cobble generator, a block breaker and a timer)

• I will again consider building an elevated railway when I have frames to send a machine to do it for me. The one I built in my 1.5 world (gone now; may it rest in pieces) took soo damn long and I had to throw it all away because of the lack of forward vision on anyone's part (notches in the world it's self; mine for just so idealistically building right on top of it...)

• Why not just do:
    20 solar panels -> IC to BC power converter -> energy pipes -> energy teleport pipe -> other end of teleport pipe -> BC to IC converter -> MFSU
    This could be a cool system to bring power over long distances with only a little loss! requires the ic/bc crossover and additional pipes though.

• Why not just do:
    20 solar panels -> IC to BC power converter -> energy pipes -> energy teleport pipe -> other end of teleport pipe -> BC to IC converter -> MFSU
    This could be a cool system to bring power over long distances with only a little loss! requires the ic/bc crossover and additional pipes though.

But there is still SOME loss they're talking about zero loss. That's why they didn't jus say that.

• But there is still SOME loss they're talking about zero loss. That's why they didn't jus say that.

You could use the item TP pipes to send energy crystals without loss, though. :) Would work great with the charging bench addon... redstone the remote one to discharge instead of charge, and use some adv. wooden pipes or RP filters.

Of course, we're going for silly, so I'd use trained creepers to carry them instead... Or give an MFSU to an enderman and whack him till he teleports to the right place and puts it down.